AE2 & ComputerCraft no longer play well together?

7 replies to this topic

#1 mercwear

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:36 AM

I wrote a monitoring program for AE1 that used CC to display graphs of my available storage. It seems that the methods that were available in AE1 are no longer available in AE2. Can anyone tell me if I am missing something? I use to be able to connect to the AE controller to and pull data from the getFreeBytes() method however that method now seems to be nonexistent.

I came across this while researching AE 2 but the interface does not seem to contain these methods in game: http://ae2.ae-mod.in...l#getFreeBytes()

Thanks in advance for any help!

#2 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:41 AM

Moved to Ask a Pro.

#3 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:37 AM

It may be that you require certain versions of the two mods to get them to work in the way you're wanting. peripheral.getMethods() should be able to tell you which functions are available to your current mod cocktail.

#4 Dustmuz

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:44 AM

open peripherals which is needed for most "cross mod" interactions with CC, isnt up-to-date.
i myself is grinded to a halt, because of that..
cant get any further with any of my programs, until it updates :(
one of those are for AE2.

#5 mercwear

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:56 PM

View PostBomb Bloke, on 04 February 2015 - 06:37 AM, said:

It may be that you require certain versions of the two mods to get them to work in the way you're wanting. peripheral.getMethods() should be able to tell you which functions are available to your current mod cocktail.

It must be related to my versions. Almost none of the old methods that were available in AE1 from the controller still exist =/

Here is the current list I get:

• {2.0=getAverageMJLost, 3.0=condenseItems, 4.0=expandStack, 5.0=getMaxMJStored, 6.0=swapStacks, 7.0=destroyStack, 8.0=getPowerReceptorType,9.0=pushItemIntoSlot, 10.0=getAdvancedMethodsData, 11.0=getMaxEnergyStored, 12.0=pushItem, 13.0=getAllStacks, 14.0=getInventoryName,15.0=pullItem, 1.0=getAverageMJReceived, 16.0=getEnergyStored, 17.0=getActivationMJ, 18.0=getMinMJReceived, 19.0=getStackInSlot,20.0=listSources, 21.0=getAverageMJUsed, 22.0=getTankInfo, 23.0=getInventorySize, 24.0=getMJStored, 25.0=pullItemIntoSlot, 26.0=listMethods,27.0=getMaxMJReceived}

View PostDustmuz, on 04 February 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

open peripherals which is needed for most "cross mod" interactions with CC, isnt up-to-date.
cant get any further with any of my programs, until it updates :(/>

What versions are you running of each? I am on AE2 revision 2 beta 8 ,openperipheralscore 0.5.0 and openperipheralsaddosn 0.2.0

#6 acces denied

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:46 PM

Actually it is here: http://www.openblocks.info/

And it seems to work fine.

#7 mercwear

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:51 PM

View Postacces denied, on 04 February 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

Thanks. Are you saying that OpenBlocks works fine as a mod or that it's integration with AE2 & Computercraft works fine (and allows for the ability to pull things like storage used etc..)?

#8 Dustmuz

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:53 PM

so you can pull/push items to the AE2 network, because if you can, i've missed something, as i cant in DW20 pack with the version of open peripherals that is on the website

so you can pull/push items to the AE2 network, because if you can, i've missed something, as i cant in DW20 pack with the version of open peripherals that is on the website

Edited by Dustmuz, 04 February 2015 - 02:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users