[MC 1.8.9-1.11.2] CC Tweaks

266 replies to this topic

#261 SquidDev

Resident Necromancer

• Members
  • 993 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:04 AM

View PostaugiteSoul, on 06 May 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

Ooh. Okay. The laser gun is pretty OP because you can spam-click using it, making lots of damage.
Some aspects of Plethora (especially the laser gun and kinetic augment) are hideously unbalanced, at least by default. There are some config options which help tone things down a bit, but it is still in need of a little work. It's one my todo list, just finding something which gets the right balance between actually useful and stupidly overpowered is quite hard.

#262 Lupus590

• Members
  • 1,612 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:08 AM

Now that CC is opensource, what is the future of this mod?

#263 SquidDev

Resident Necromancer

• Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:28 AM

View PostLupus590, on 09 May 2017 - 08:08 AM, said:

Now that CC is opensource, what is the future of this mod?
Oh goodness, I don't know. I don't think that CCTweaks is going to vanish as there are many features that I don't think should be in actual ComputerCraft. However, ideally it will be a much smaller and simpler mod.

So, things which will almost certainly stay in CCTweaks:
  • Most items/blocks (wireless bridge, turtle tool host and manipulator, debug wand). I might move some of these to Plethora/a new mod and have CCTweaks just be a server-side mod. Who knows?
  • /cctweaks command - while this is a useful monitoring/profiling tool, I'm not sure it fits within CC.
  • JEI recipe handlers
  • Disable specific Turtle methods
  • MCMultipart support
  • data, bitinteger and bitop libraries.
  • Configurable runtimes
  • IArguments/extended binary string support.
  • Network visualiser
Ideally almost all of the ASM hacks will be merged into ComputerCraft, but I will have to wait and see what Dan says.

Edited by SquidDev, 09 May 2017 - 08:29 AM.

#264 SquidDev

Resident Necromancer

• Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:19 AM

Just pushed a very small update to the 1.10.2 version of CCTweaks, fixing a crash in SMP. Do note CCTweaks is not compatible with the latest builds of ComputerCraft - this will be rectified when there is a stable release of ComputerCraft.

#265 cntkillme

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:54 AM

I'm using the 1.8.9 version and a mod called "Simple Covers". Facading works perfectly fine but if it obstructs the path (like this or even like this) it ends up not being connected anymore.
Is this facading mod I'm using just bad and if so do you know of any for 1.8.9 as I can't find any working ones.

Edited by cntkillme, 17 May 2017 - 08:57 PM.

#266 SquidDev

Resident Necromancer

• Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:50 PM

View Postcntkillme, on 17 May 2017 - 06:54 AM, said:

I'm using the 1.8.9 version and a mod called "Simple Covers". Facading works perfectly fine but if it obstructs the path (like this or even like this) it ends up not being connected anymore.
Is this facading mod I'm using just bad and if so do you know of any for 1.8.9 as I can't find any working ones.
Hrrmr. It worked when I initially implemented these, but many things may have broken since then. Thanks for the report, I will investigate.

#267 SquidDev

Resident Necromancer

• Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:34 PM

I've just noticed that we've hit 100k downloads on Curse! Many thanks to all those people who have used this mod over the last two years, providing feedback, bug reports and encouragement.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users