Slot machine That costs items

7 replies to this topic

#1 ChiknNuggets

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

Again i forgot to say something i added some varibles up at top of the code such as the sides that detects each redstone or sends each redstone signal, also have the option to if you want disable the loser screen.

Pastbin Code:

http://adf.ly/9vUR8

Slot Machine Code Download:

http://adf.ly/9vTqn

My Website:

http://hyperq.web44.net

********************************************************************************

­­**

#2 MaryuZ

• New Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:52 AM

I don't see this costs items?
I was expecting a slot machine where you have to place something in a chest to play

#3 ChiknNuggets

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostMaryuZ, on 28 June 2012 - 01:52 AM, said:

I don't see this costs items?
I was expecting a slot machine where you have to place something in a chest to play
shttt sorry i embedded the wrong video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4LKIjseXo8

#4 NeonJ

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

Haha, I was looking at and messing with the code for this, and I made something pretty neat out of it. Had the slots rolling and different payouts and everything, it's pretty neat! :P/> First time using LUA too. o,o Though I've used one other language before, I'm still pretty proud of my edit. o,o

... I'd record it but my PC records at terrible FPS. Any suggestions? ;o

EDIT: Just spent the past undefined minutes making the prizes have a fair payout. It now pays out 89% of the money it gets (Small profit woo) and the jackpot is rather large!

Mix this up with an antigrief plugin and you have a nice and profitable slot machine. But I don't have a method of storing the profits yet - anything given into the machine goes right to the dispenser, even when it's full.

#5 ChiknNuggets

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:42 AM

View PostNeonJ, on 02 July 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

Haha, I was looking at and messing with the code for this, and I made something pretty neat out of it. Had the slots rolling and different payouts and everything, it's pretty neat! :P/> First time using LUA too. o,o Though I've used one other language before, I'm still pretty proud of my edit. o,o

EDIT: Just spent the past undefined minutes making the prizes have a fair payout. It now pays out 89% of the money it gets (Small profit woo) and the jackpot is rather large!

Mix this up with an antigrief plugin and you have a nice and profitable slot machine. But I don't have a method of storing the profits yet - anything given into the machine goes right to the dispenser, even when it's full.
Some one inboxed me on facebook the other day saying the slots should scroll and im like cbf its not needded but, that nice that you could be bothered to do it, i actually tried this the other day on a multiplayer server and for some reason it didnt work i think it must have been the server, because it works fine on single player

#6 NeonJ

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

View PostChiknNuggets, on 03 July 2012 - 04:42 AM, said:

View PostNeonJ, on 02 July 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

Some one inboxed me on facebook the other day saying the slots should scroll and im like cbf its not needded but, that nice that you could be bothered to do it, i actually tried this the other day on a multiplayer server and for some reason it didnt work i think it must have been the server, because it works fine on single player

Was working fine on my Tekkit server! ;o
It's pretty cool actually. I took a few screenshots of it, and it's surprisingly solid.

Posted Image
Drop your iron nugget, and the games can begin!

Posted Image
Rolling, rolling, rolling. I also removed the other winlines and restricted winning to the middle, so I could organize the prices and profits easier. Made it easier to win a bit, though.

Posted Image
Hooray, I won! Only two nuggets for this win (it took me a while, too!) but it was a win, nonetheless.

It was fun messing with this code, I enjoyed it and created something rather cool. Only problem with it is that the slots don't actually "roll", they just pick random numbers 30 times (getting slower each time until the 30th) and then decides if you've won or not. Like I said before, I'd record but my recording system's terrible. ;o

EDIT: Code! Download with your favourite CC pastebin program!
The indents look broken in Pastebin, but they're fine in Notepad++ and CC, for some reason.

#7 MaryuZ

• New Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

I've also started work on a slot machine....more of a gaming machine that will be capable of running slots and other games....i use tekkit so i could make a neat in-out item system that will work with any game you design for it using rp2 controled by the cc computer....I'm like really tempted right now to look at your code....but i wont...I wanna see what i can come up with.
I'll post it somewhere around here when I'm done.

#8 Noobart

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

Can anyone show me how to actually set this up? If you could provide a save or mcedit schematic it would be very helpful, I've spent a few hours thinking and trying various setups and I can't seem to get it to work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users