Jump to content




Krist - Minable currency that works across servers (paste updated)


1697 replies to this topic

#1581 Saldor010

  • Members
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe United States

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:21 PM

Did you guys know that you (or your parents if you live at home) are paying real money for this "free" virtual currency? -_-

#1582 TheRockettek

  • Members
  • 547 posts
  • LocationRem is best girl

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:51 PM

Keep posting in wrong place :/

Edited by TheRockettek, 28 July 2016 - 03:52 PM.


#1583 _strx

  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:09 PM

View PostJiloacom, on 28 July 2016 - 01:21 PM, said:

Did you guys know that you (or your parents if you live at home) are paying real money for this "free" virtual currency? -_-

How? I'm not sure you are.

#1584 Saldor010

  • Members
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe United States

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:15 PM

View PostPixelFox1, on 28 July 2016 - 04:09 PM, said:

View PostJiloacom, on 28 July 2016 - 01:21 PM, said:

Did you guys know that you (or your parents if you live at home) are paying real money for this "free" virtual currency? -_-

How? I'm not sure you are.

Paying extra on your electricity bill so your computer can suck up the power needed to mine krist.

#1585 TheRockettek

  • Members
  • 547 posts
  • LocationRem is best girl

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:50 PM

View PostJiloacom, on 28 July 2016 - 04:15 PM, said:

View PostPixelFox1, on 28 July 2016 - 04:09 PM, said:

View PostJiloacom, on 28 July 2016 - 01:21 PM, said:

Did you guys know that you (or your parents if you live at home) are paying real money for this "free" virtual currency? -_-

How? I'm not sure you are.

Paying extra on your electricity bill so your computer can suck up the power needed to mine krist.

Meh, my computers always on anyway.

#1586 Cloud Ninja

  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:37 PM

View PostTheRockettek, on 28 July 2016 - 05:50 PM, said:

View PostJiloacom, on 28 July 2016 - 04:15 PM, said:

View PostPixelFox1, on 28 July 2016 - 04:09 PM, said:

View PostJiloacom, on 28 July 2016 - 01:21 PM, said:

Did you guys know that you (or your parents if you live at home) are paying real money for this "free" virtual currency? -_-

How? I'm not sure you are.

Paying extra on your electricity bill so your computer can suck up the power needed to mine krist.

Meh, my computers always on anyway.
But it doesnt always draw the same amount of power. If it did, your computer would die.

#1587 TheRockettek

  • Members
  • 547 posts
  • LocationRem is best girl

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:44 PM

MEh *activates power saver mode*

#1588 Cloud Ninja

  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:58 PM

View PostTheRockettek, on 28 July 2016 - 09:44 PM, said:

MEh *activates power saver mode*
Which still wont help when mining lol.

#1589 TheRockettek

  • Members
  • 547 posts
  • LocationRem is best girl

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:53 AM

I wont mine krist anyways any more. No point, no use for it and it just doesnt work.

0.03 blocks per minute ._.

#1590 Scratchthatguys

  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:56 PM

The Pastebin installer isn't working, and when I got the wallet by other means, it didn't actually create the address.

#1591 AMZ

  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:49 PM

Wow! Can I make bitcoin out of this?

#1592 Piorjade

  • Members
  • 244 posts
  • LocationComputer, Germany

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:49 PM

Lol if someone wants to buy/trade that currency in exchange of bitcoins/real money... you could...theoretically :P

Though I don't think this would be on any shopping site, mainly because (that's my theory) the wallet MAY be insecure cuz you only need the password AND your actual wallet is not saved on your computer.... I think it's on a server or something... It would be less secure because I think that bitcoins are saved on your wallet and if you (for example by reinstalling an OS and forgetting to somehow back it up) loose it, you lost your whole money. <-- I don't know how bitcoin-wallets actually work but from my experience I never had to login somehow and reinstalling the OS/ the wallet brought me a empty wallet (I never had any bitcoins, but I know that the addresses were different :P )

#1593 TheRockettek

  • Members
  • 547 posts
  • LocationRem is best girl

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:46 PM

View PostPiorjade, on 10 August 2016 - 04:49 PM, said:

I think it's on a server or something... It would be less secure because I think that bitcoins are saved on your wallet

!) Bitcoin is not stored localy, that wouldbe WAY insecure stating how many people in the world use it. From leet people like dylan the hacker they could get like one billion bit coins a day. Its stored on a server like every other sane online currency. Its pretty much like saying that you keep all your bitcoins in ur wallet in a plain text file in a hidden folder thats "encrypted" for only the wallet to know the currency but not being able to make users know it". (And dont try disprove this one by saying that the file is hashed). HTTP = More secure than local storage. Also if it was local then how would you be able to use your wallet on multple devices :^)...

View PostAzarathMetrioneZinthos, on 02 August 2016 - 08:49 PM, said:

Wow! Can I make bitcoin out of this?

Krist is pretty much the bitcoin for computercraft but however its not widely use on server at the moment :(. Just dont use it for hard cash gain (like eg: 100 kst = £1 irl or something like that). That wouldn't be very advisable...

View PostPiorjade, on 10 August 2016 - 04:49 PM, said:

for example by reinstalling an OS and forgetting to somehow back it up) loose it, you lost your whole money.

One main reason why online currency is not local and is online (hint hint: online currency)

View PostPiorjade, on 10 August 2016 - 04:49 PM, said:

wallet brought me a empty wallet

1) You just forgot your password
2) Someone easly got your password and took ur bitcoins (btw i doubt you had an actuall bitcoin...) (most probrably like 0.001 BTC or something like dat)


1 BTC = £460.94 as of 10/08/2016

#1594 Anavrins

  • Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 08:26 PM

Krist definitely has monetary value, albeit might be small, but it does cost money to run the mining rigs, the problem about exchanging Krist for money is the lack of adoption.
If you put things in perspective, irl money has a value, because of the government, even though it's just a sheet of paper, Bitcoin also has a value, because there's a very large userbase and people trust it, even though they're just bits of information held by a ledger.
The Krist userbase is kind of restrained to the CC forum only, there's just not enough adoption and trust put into it for peoples and investors to put money on it.

#1595 Luca_S

  • Members
  • 399 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:05 PM

Ok, let's give krist monetary value. I will make the following trade:
100 Million KST for 0.01$

#1596 3d6

  • Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:26 PM

View PostTheRockettek, on 10 August 2016 - 06:46 PM, said:

View PostPiorjade, on 10 August 2016 - 04:49 PM, said:

I think it's on a server or something... It would be less secure because I think that bitcoins are saved on your wallet

!) Bitcoin is not stored localy, that wouldbe WAY insecure stating how many people in the world use it. From leet people like dylan the hacker they could get like one billion bit coins a day. Its stored on a server like every other sane online currency. Its pretty much like saying that you keep all your bitcoins in ur wallet in a plain text file in a hidden folder thats "encrypted" for only the wallet to know the currency but not being able to make users know it". (And dont try disprove this one by saying that the file is hashed). HTTP = More secure than local storage. Also if it was local then how would you be able to use your wallet on multple devices :^)...
Literally everything in this response is completely false. Please don't try to educate others on something you clearly know nothing about

#1597 Saldor010

  • Members
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe United States

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:56 PM

It's been a year and a half since Krist was invented and there is still no use for it (unless you think hoarding large amounts of worthless currency is fun).

#1598 Piorjade

  • Members
  • 244 posts
  • LocationComputer, Germany

Posted 11 August 2016 - 08:32 PM

Uum I think 3d6 is right cuz you never had to enter a password for bitcoin wallets and I definitely never could use the same wallet on multiple devices (well I only tried the "normal" wallet for bitcoin)
Buuut I don't know if that reply was sarcasm cuz he mentioned Dylan lol...

Edited by Piorjade, 11 August 2016 - 08:33 PM.


#1599 goeo_

  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:24 PM

a cryptocurrency sure is an amazing idea but, i think having to open up computercraft or that default-java-looking not even feature complete thing isn't nice. there should be some more modern non-minecraft wallets.

#1600 Lignum

  • Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:32 PM

View Postgoeo_, on 15 August 2016 - 07:24 PM, said:

a cryptocurrency sure is an amazing idea but, i think having to open up computercraft or that default-java-looking not even feature complete thing isn't nice. there should be some more modern non-minecraft wallets.

Yep, there was someone working on a web wallet, though I have no idea when it'll be released.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users