Krist - Minable currency that works across servers (paste updated)

1697 replies to this topic

#101 Tron

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMinecraftia

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:04 AM

This is really cool! Can't wait to try sci's miner.

Edited by luker2009, 10 March 2015 - 02:04 AM.

#102 longbyte1

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:29 AM

I'd like somebody to make an alternate sync node for Krist. Soon Krist will become too popular and the server simply won't be able to handle so many requests.

I'm also developing a native mining library (C++) to be used in my fork of Grim's Java miner. Unfortunately there aren't many tutorials for JNI beyond step 1... :(

Edited by longbyte1, 10 March 2015 - 02:29 AM.

#103 Grim Reaper

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:44 AM

Sorry about the broken miner. I've been busy with school, so I haven't been able to diagnose and fix some of the problems. I've updated it, so you're welcome to check it out. I'm currently working on implementing wallet features as well. For now, though, it's still just a miner.

#104 longbyte1

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:28 AM

View PostGrim Reaper, on 10 March 2015 - 02:44 AM, said:

Sorry about the broken miner. I've been busy with school, so I haven't been able to diagnose and fix some of the problems. I've updated it, so you're welcome to check it out. I'm currently working on implementing wallet features as well. For now, though, it's still just a miner.
Thanks. I think I'll keep mine as a "true" fork, but I'll periodically take some commits out of your repo and put them into mine.

#105 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:56 AM

I've just put the finishing touches on KWallet version 0.2.0. I've improved the tables (which will hopefully fix the problems sci4me was experiencing as well) as well as added the Top Balances table (available in the Economicon). Additionally, you can now view a graph of your balance history from the "Transactions" page:
Posted Image
The graph is fully interactive. You can right click on it to get options or left click and drag to zoom in on a specific area.

You can download it from the release page, or download and build it from source if you prefer. Please tell me if you have any problems!

Edited by apemanzilla, 10 March 2015 - 03:57 AM.

#106 cdel

• Banned
  • 496 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:58 AM

View Postapemanzilla, on 10 March 2015 - 03:56 AM, said:

I've just put the finishing touches on KWallet version 0.2.0. I've improved the tables (which will hopefully fix the problems sci4me was experiencing as well) as well as added the Top Balances table (available in the Economicon). Additionally, you can now view a graph of your balance history from the "Transactions" page:
Posted Image
The graph is fully interactive. You can right click on it to get options or left click and drag to zoom in on a specific area.

You can download it from the release page, or download and build it from source if you prefer. Please tell me if you have any problems!

That looks awesome, it's pretty amazing when a bunch of info tech guys come into the scene and help out.

#107 sci4me

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:36 AM

Posted Image

Dudenice! That's really great! I love how I can tell when I started mining with EC2 on the graph :P Great stuff! Also, I'm number 4! Ahead of you Yevano! HAHAHAHAHA

EDIT: my new main address: km7cnb3n57

EDIT 2: hey apemanzilla it would be AWESOME if you could have multiple addreses logged into the same wallet but on different tabs... that would be so useful for me... I currently use 4 separate addresses...

Edited by sci4me, 10 March 2015 - 11:58 AM.

#108 cdel

• Banned
  • 496 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:59 AM

Just a note to fellow Krist enthusiasts, be sure to check and double check the legitimacy of Krist related applications that require your private/master key.

#109 sci4me

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:06 PM

View Postcdel, on 10 March 2015 - 11:59 AM, said:

Just a note to fellow Krist enthusiasts, be sure to check and double check the legitimacy of Krist related applications that require your private/master key.

True dat!

Thank goodness mining only needs addresses :D

#110 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:11 PM

View Postsci4me, on 10 March 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Posted Image

Dudenice! That's really great! I love how I can tell when I started mining with EC2 on the graph :P/>/>/> Great stuff! Also, I'm number 4! Ahead of you Yevano! HAHAHAHAHA

EDIT 2: hey apemanzilla it would be AWESOME if you could have multiple addreses logged into the same wallet but on different tabs... that would be so useful for me... I currently use 4 separate addresses...

Yeah, I've been toying with that idea too. I'll let you know if anything comes of it.

Open source FTW :D

Edit: Also, would you guys like to see an encrypted credential save system for KWallet? It would save any passwords you've added in a file, encrypted with a master key. It would simplify login and account switching for those of you (cough cough sci4me) who use multiple addresses.

Edited by apemanzilla, 10 March 2015 - 12:19 PM.

#111 cdel

• Banned
  • 496 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:23 PM

View Postapemanzilla, on 10 March 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

View Postsci4me, on 10 March 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Posted Image

Dudenice! That's really great! I love how I can tell when I started mining with EC2 on the graph :P/>/>/>/> Great stuff! Also, I'm number 4! Ahead of you Yevano! HAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, I've been toying with that idea too. I'll let you know if anything comes of it.

Open source FTW :D/>

Edit: Also, would you guys like to see an encrypted credential save system for KWallet? It would save any passwords you've added in a file, encrypted with a master key. It would simplify login and account switching for those of you (cough cough sci4me) who use multiple addresses.

That would be awesome.

#112 Ducky

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Location/usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/London

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

Woo, 13MH/s with sci's miner!

Check the source and then build it from source if you're paranoid.

#113 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:30 PM

I had already put 800 KST on an account I had named with a miner (klddestroy [arbitrarily named]), but how do I transfer it to something KWallet can use?

#114 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:38 PM

View PostLDDestroier, on 10 March 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

I had already put 800 KST on an account I had named with a miner (klddestroy [arbitrarily named]), but how do I transfer it to something KWallet can use?

You were supposed to open a wallet before starting mining. Your address is based off of your password, so now the only way to get access to your account would be to brute force passwords until you find your address.

Open KWallet, put in whatever password you want and click "Login". It will open a new account for you at a generated address. Then mine for THAT address and you can transfer it from there.

#115 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:04 PM

Minor KWallet update (0.2.1). Now you can double click a row in the transaction history table or top balances table to view that address's history or graph. Note that this does not work for mined block transactions because they don't have an address.

[Releases] [Source Code]

Edited by apemanzilla, 10 March 2015 - 03:04 PM.

#116 Yevano

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:48 PM

That balance graph looks really sexy. Great job!

#117 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:20 PM

View PostYevano, on 10 March 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

Thanks! It's rendered with JFreeCharts. I still need to fix some stuff with it though.

I'm also planning to add a bar chart showing where people have sent/received their Krist.

Edited by apemanzilla, 10 March 2015 - 04:21 PM.

#118 Anavrins

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:36 PM

I'm having a bit of an issue with KWallet (0.2.1), the transaction and economicon tab does not load anything for me, and I am clearly connected to the internet.
Anyone knows what's going on?

Edited by Anavrins, 10 March 2015 - 04:38 PM.

#119 sci4me

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:37 PM

View Postapemanzilla, on 10 March 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

Thanks! It's rendered with JFreeCharts. I still need to fix some stuff with it though.

I'm also planning to add a bar chart showing where people have sent/received their Krist.

dudenice! can't wait! this wallet is really looking good. but you should really get around to the economicon too :P

Edited by sci4me, 10 March 2015 - 05:06 PM.

#120 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:01 PM

View PostAnavrins, on 10 March 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

I'm having a bit of an issue with KWallet (0.2.1), the transaction and economicon tab does not load anything for me, and I am clearly connected to the internet.
Anyone knows what's going on?

Run it from the command line (open a terminal and type "java -jar path/to/the/jar" and post what it says. (Replace the path/to/the/jar with the path you saved the file to.)

View Postsci4me, on 10 March 2015 - 04:37 PM, said:

View Postapemanzilla, on 10 March 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

dudenice! can't wait! this wallet is really looking good. but you should really get around to the economicon too :P
Yup, I'll get there! I'm also going to implement double vault and local vault when I get a chance. I also want to add pages for the transaction history table so you're not limited to 200 results.

Edited by apemanzilla, 10 March 2015 - 06:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users