Remote Control GUI

turtle wireless utility

21 replies to this topic

#1 Ninja8370

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIn the Clouds

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:59 PM

I have started making a program so that advanced wireless pocket computers can wirelessly control turtles with a GUI. I have made this specifically for mining turtles, but the movment and redstone commands should work for all turtles. The turtles can be regular or advanced to do this.
I know there are probably better turtle control programs out there (I actually saw another one near this in the forums) But I started developing this just to help me learn Lua, and since it's at least usable I thought I'd put it on forums. Suggestions are welcomed as they give me more ideas for this and help me learn Lua to a fuller extent!

This program is still in development and I am open to suggestions!

Changelog
Spoiler

Pictures:
Spoiler

Installation

There are 2 pastebins for the startups. The startups will update your version every time your computer is restarted or you run startup again.

Install this on your turtle: (Preferably mining turtle)
pastebin get DnibQGrP startup

Install this on your Advanced Wireless Pocket Computer: (You can also install on any other advanced wireless computer, but Pocket is mobile, and GUI is designed for Pocket)
pastebin get MwvE7HdD startup

Setup:
Spoiler

For any suggestions or help please contact me here!

Thanks and Credits
Spoiler

Edited by Ninja8370, 04 March 2015 - 09:59 PM.

#2 Ninja8370

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIn the Clouds

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:44 PM

Doing a lot of editing atm trying to get something to work, so there will be some bugs in software.

#3 Ninja8370

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIn the Clouds

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:39 AM

Hmm I was trying to make it so you can press any key to terminate the program,(on the turtle) but I tried multiple ways and it created problems. (Either didn't work itself or prevented my program from working in any way.) I could make it do it with a button, but this would only work on advanced turtles. If anyone has any advice please help! (My skype is Ninja8370 if you'd rather contact me with that)

#4 Ninja8370

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIn the Clouds

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:08 AM

Added pictures to original post.

Edited by Ninja8370, 04 March 2015 - 01:08 AM.

#5 Ninja8370

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIn the Clouds

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:14 PM

Updated to v2.0
Changelog:
Added setup so that you do not need to terminate and edit config file.
bugfixes.

Upcoming versions:
v2.1 - Increased Redstone Controls, DigUp, and PlaceUp!
v2.2 - Bugfixes, small suggestions!
v2.3 - Updated GUI based off suggestions from Jasper!

Pictures updated for v2.0!

Edited by Ninja8370, 04 March 2015 - 05:33 PM.

#6 Ninja8370

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIn the Clouds

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:52 PM

Ran into some complications with update 2.1
For some reason redstone will not activate until the Turtle program is terminated and restarted. If anyone knows how to fix this, please help!

I already tried making it so that when the command is received to turn on redstone, it turns it on and restarts the program (With shell.run("pastebin run **devupdate") (I have the real link in for devupdate but I don't want to post it here.)

I will push through with this update and add digUp and placeUp. Redstone will have to be fixed on a later update. (Maybe 2.2 since it's a bug fixing update)

Edited by Ninja8370, 04 March 2015 - 08:12 PM.

#7 Ninja8370

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIn the Clouds

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:42 PM

Updated to v2.1
Changelog:
+ Added digUp button/function
+ Added placeUp button/function
+/-Added redstone up and down, but does not work. Will try to fix in next update.

Upcoming versions:
v2.2 - Bugfixes, small suggestions!

Edited by Ninja8370, 05 March 2015 - 12:09 PM.

#8 Ninja8370

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIn the Clouds

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:57 PM

Updated to v2.2
Changelog:
+ Redstone now works as a 3 second pulse!
- Used to stop working if you terminated during setup- fixed!

Upcoming versions:

v2.3 will take a little bit longer to release because it will have a lot of updates in it. I expect to have it done in two or three days. :)/>

Edited by Ninja8370, 04 March 2015 - 09:57 PM.

#9 Ninja8370

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIn the Clouds

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:08 PM

Next Update

The next update is going to be bigger than the last two, and will take a little longer. It is all about updating the GUI. So far I'm adding two pages. The setup page so that you can get to it any time from the GUI and change the ID of the turtle you're directing; And the Inventory page; instead of having the inventory slot selection on the side of your screen it will have it's own page and the slots will be organized the same way they are on the turtle. There will also be buttons to drop and suck on the Inventory page. :)

If there are any other GUI change you think this needs please feel free to help me out and suggest them!

#10 Ninja8370

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIn the Clouds

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:51 AM

The update will be postponed at least one day. I had to help my dad a while on the farm today as he hurt his back recently.
I will try to work on the update tomorow, but it may get released Sunday.

#11 Ninja8370

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIn the Clouds

Posted 08 March 2015 - 02:53 AM

Updated to v2.3!
Changelog:
+ Hugely improved GUI! Now features the following pages- Menu, Movement (Turtle Movement), Inventory (More controls for your turtle inventory!), and Settings.
+ Settings! You can now change your target turtle's ID from the GUI, and I included a text command box now. You can send normal text commands if you want instead of using the GUI. I will later improve on this and make it so you can run programs you put on your turtle.

Upcoming versions:

v2.4 Bugfixes! {fix turtle program tabbing}

v2.5 Cool updates! More info coming soon!

Wait for it!....

Update: (3/30/15)
Sorry I had to catch up a lot on school and was unable to do programming for a while. I may soon (Within or soon after the next two weeks) be able to resume my work on this. v2.3 is almost ready to be released but I never got to it, so hopefully I can get that done.

Edited by Ninja8370, 30 March 2015 - 10:52 PM.

#12 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:31 PM

Looks good, keep it up.

#13 Konlab

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • LocationKerbin

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:33 PM

Good idea :)
Add info-getting options (compare or the new id get things)
Also a turtle-lock would be good
(No access to turtle until a button is pressed on the remote c. Pocket com.

#14 Ninja8370

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIn the Clouds

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:15 PM

Okay, thankyou for your support and suggestions :). Unfortunately I can't work on this for a while (and havn't been able to work on it for a couple weeks) because I got a little behind on my school. I need to catch up on my school and then hopefully I can get back to developing this! :)

Konlab I like your info getting idea, and I was thinking of including that in v2.3 update. On the main remote control GUI it does tell you what turtle ID you have your controller set to control.

I was mostly done with v2.3 so maybe I can release that before I can really get back to developing this.

#15 Ninja8370

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIn the Clouds

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:53 PM

Update: (Also added to last version update post, since this is the reason that version wasn't released yet)

Sorry I had to catch up a lot on school and was unable to do programming for a while.
I may soon (Within or soon after the next two weeks) be able to resume my work on this.
v2.3 is almost ready to be released but I never got to it, so hopefully I can get that done.

#16 _removed

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:15 PM

I made something like this ages ago, and it is still functional. Maybe you would like to take a look at it?

#17 ry00000

• Members
  • 244 posts
  • LocationComputer, Base, SwitchCraft, Cube-earth, Blockiverse, Computer

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:01 PM

Hi smigger, we met on LuaLand, my IGN is ry00000, i can help with some things

#18 alex82

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIn a minecraft world coding

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:30 PM

Awesome! It works, but you should add a refuel button :D

#19 Ninja8370

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIn the Clouds

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:04 PM

View Postalex82, on 21 April 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

Awesome! It works, but you should add a refuel button :D

That is a good idea, I can include that in my next update. Sorry about not working on this at all recently, but I had to catch up on school and then I had PSSAs (State tests) the last 2 weeks.

#20 Ninja8370

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIn the Clouds

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:10 PM

There seems to be something wrong with the setup in v2.2, I'm not sure exactly what it is, I'll try to look into it soon.
If you're trying to put in your turtle ID and it keeps going to the screen, terminate and edit config and type in the name of the turtle. This should be fixed in v2.3!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users