Looking for someone to teach me how to build a Gui preferably from scratch (no API's)

help

3 replies to this topic

#1 Cloud Ninja

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:33 PM

So me and my friend are building the back end for a linux like sandboxed OS, and we're just about done everything.. except a GUI. I was wondering if anyone who's build one could help me build one/teach me how without using API's, or with them if i need to. Calling on Lyqyd if he can because i LOVED LyqydOs's GUI.

#2 oli414

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:25 AM

Are you talking about the layout or a framework?

#3 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:42 AM

a good way to teach yourself is to look at others work, take LyqydsOS, find the GUI API, open the file and try to write a comment on what each function does and how it does it. repeat this with other API's which also do GUIs and you may see multiple ways of doing the same thing. once you have a good understanding, write your own API.

Edited by Lupus590, 13 March 2015 - 10:43 AM.

#4 Cloud Ninja

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:23 PM

View Postoli414, on 13 March 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

Are you talking about the layout or a framework?
My friend is doing all the backend and kernel based stuff for the OS we're writing. I want to write a GUI api for him to implement and for me to paint for in game to build on Advanced/command computers. We have the backend command end pretty much done. If anyone would like to help me/us possibly with GUI stuff, skype me @ [email protected]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users