Platform builder

turtle

4 replies to this topic

#1 Kaikaku

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:19 AM

Program tPlatform

Hi there! I just tidied up the code of my platform builder program and would like to share it with you.
I guess it's especially useful for sky island maps.

Features:
- builds any size of square platform (minimum is 3x1)
- turtle moves only within the space where the platform will be
- if turtle runs out of materials it just waits for resupplies
- turtle places half slabs spawnproof in the lower half (thx Robinn57)

Program:
http://pastebin.com/fbyxVzSX

Video:

Edited by Kaikaku, 30 March 2015 - 07:07 AM.

#2 Robinn57

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:43 PM

This is a great program however I ran into a problem if I dont pick up my turtle to move it. For example the first run I did was a 30 x 20. then I told it to move over so it could do another mirrored vertion of the platform. So, after I got it in position with more mats I told it to go. It got though one stack. It was the stack the last run finised on. It then would not move on to the next stack. I found a way to fix this by putting after line 139, right above. for iY=1,userY,1 do, I put turtle.select(1). that way it acts as thought it had just been put down and is on the same slot number. I do hope this helps and it really is a great platform builder for moded skyblock since it puts half slabs down on the lower part..

#3 Kaikaku

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:05 AM

View PostRobinn57, on 28 March 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

This is a great program however I ran into a problem if I dont pick up my turtle to move it. For example the first run I did was a 30 x 20. then I told it to move over so it could do another mirrored vertion of the platform. So, after I got it in position with more mats I told it to go. It got though one stack. It was the stack the last run finised on. It then would not move on to the next stack. I found a way to fix this by putting after line 139, right above. for iY=1,userY,1 do, I put turtle.select(1). that way it acts as thought it had just been put down and is on the same slot number. I do hope this helps and it really is a great platform builder for moded skyblock since it puts half slabs down on the lower part..

Well, on sky maps you really avoid picking up the turtle. That's the correct fix and it's very nice when users correct the bugs on their own ;)
Thank you, I updated the pastbin program.

With only air around, the turtle puts slabs in the upper half when placing down, and in the lower half when placing forward or up.
Well, I didn't plan the slabs beeing in the lower part. It's just because I pefer turtles moving within the space they build in.
Thanks for the info, I'll add it to the absolutly planned features :)

#4 Deephallow

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:27 PM

hello

Is it possible to add a function, put a torch every X block

thank you

#5 Tooniis

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSeeb,Muscat,Oman

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:19 AM

Hi there! this is a useful application for multitasking in building, but I ran into a problem, when I tell the turtle about x and y , it starts building, then after building a bit, it gets stuck and reboot. I checked fuel and materials and they are available.

this is a screenshot (I destroyed the turtle after it got stuck):
Posted Image

Please help. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users