[Turtle Suggestion] Vis Turtles

turtle

3 replies to this topic

#1 Selim

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationHiding in Online Storage

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:59 PM

I think it would be useful and neat if there was a Vis turtle, crafted with a wand and Turtle, that would hold Vis from nodes, and recharge from surrounding Aura Nodes. The Vis storage could depend on what wand you used when crafting it, for example, if you crafted the Turtle with a Wooden Wand with Iron Caps, it would hold less Vis than a Silverwood Wand with Thaumium Caps. Or, it could depend on the type of Turtle, basic Turtle holds less Vis than an advanced Turtle.

You would then equip any focus to the turtle, then use the focus in your scripts. For example, equiping the Warding Focus would expose the ward() and unward() functions (along with up and down variants), and the Equal Trade Focus would have the select() and replace() functions (also with up and down variants).

A Vis Turtle could also use Vis as fuel for moving or anything else from other peripherals that uses fuel, like MoarPeripheral's furnace upgrade.

Hopefully, the Turtle could also auto-recharge from near-by nodes, or burns items using the existing fuel system, and then gives the Turtle Vis, similar to the Alchemical Furnace.

Let me know what you think along with how difficult this would be for a mod maker.

Edited by Selim, 27 March 2015 - 09:26 PM.

#2 Anavrins

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:56 PM

I'd say it's more something for Thaumcraft to implement, maybe suggest it to him and maybe he'll do it if he wants this level of automation.

#3 Selim

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationHiding in Online Storage

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:49 PM

Would this be something that is possible with just a Peripheral Addon Mod?

#4 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:04 PM

added it as a suggestion to open peripherals as this sounds to me like something they will enjoy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users