Emergency Alert System in CC

29 replies to this topic

#21 minebuild02

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:55 PM

EAS v1.6 Pre-Release is now available, you can find the code in the first post.

#22 logsys

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:09 PM

Wow, one of the things I like doing on minecraft(modded) is building some military bases.. so I was wondering if you could add red alert, yellow alert.. etc.. also a lockdown and abandon building(a.k.a. self-destruct activated)

#23 minebuild02

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:31 PM

View Postlogsys, on 02 April 2015 - 11:09 PM, said:

Wow, one of the things I like doing on minecraft(modded) is building some military bases.. so I was wondering if you could add red alert, yellow alert.. etc.. also a lockdown and abandon building(a.k.a. self-destruct activated)
It's a server-wide alert system. But I can make a new version of it...

#24 minebuild02

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:06 PM

Custom alerts/versions of EAS can now be requested.

For alerts, specify the SAME code (the link to Wikipedia's SAME page is at the beginning of topic), the name of alert, and the description (if it's for a custom build, the original EAS makes you enter the message). Such as:
Requesting Example Alert to be added, with SAME code EXA. It means that EAS test is commencing.

For custom EAS builds, specify the name of the build, ALL of the alerts to be included (use prev. template) and the name of protocol used to transmit messages. Such as:
Requesting a custom build, named Example Notification System, with alerts EXA (Example Alert), EXW (Example Warning) and EXN (Example Notification). Protocol is "example_protocol"

Edited by minebuild02, 06 April 2015 - 01:05 PM.

#25 minebuild02

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:07 PM

Introducing first custom EAS build, requested by logsys...

LOCAL ALERT SYSTEM

Got all of needed alerts for a base: from a Red Alert to a Lockdown Alert.

It is now being tested. Testing results: Stable version

Pastebin code: yN6aJfRZ

Edited by minebuild02, 06 April 2015 - 02:09 PM.

#26 ProjectB

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:43 AM

Looks great, but I found a bug in your program, if you press any key during your broadcast confirmation screen it will crash your program, it returns this error
eas:9: attempt to compare nil with number
After looking through your code, it just looks like your forgot to make the mouse click event a string
function mouse_wrapper(minX, maxX, Y)
event, button, xPos, yPos = os.pullEvent(mouse_click) -- <-- Put parenthesis around the event, or else it checks for all events because it's nil.
if (xPos >= minX or xPos <= maxX and yPos == Y) then
  return true
else
  return false
end
end
This issue also appears to affect your pre version, but other than that great job!

#27 minebuild02

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:42 PM

Returned to development. Bug will be fixed

#28 PokeAcer

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 04:35 PM

Hi,
I've got this working for my server (great job maker!) via BitNet.
If anyone wants to know how, you need:

2x Computer running the bitnetrepeat program (Supports mini antennae and full towers) - pastebin get eaq0ucSi bitnetrepeat
1x Computer for EAS - these two need to be linked via either a wireless or wired modem (I personally would choose wired, no way for wireless security issues then - just cover the cable)
*1*x Computer for decoding - Unless you have a city then obviously you have more
Either 2x BitNet Mini Antennae (For local range city use) or 1x BitNet Mini Antenna and 1x Full BitNet Tower

If you are doing this per house (no city):
Spoiler

If you have a city
Spoiler

Of course there is better ways (maybe change the code a bit) but this way IMO is better because you go RedNet Communication -<>- BitNet Tower ))) BitNet towers -<>- RedNet Communication (Basically the bitnetrepeat program is like a modem, turn RedNet (binary) into BitNet (telephone tones) and back again)

Edited by PokeAcer, 06 June 2015 - 04:50 PM.

#29 minebuild02

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:04 PM

View PostPokeAcer, on 06 June 2015 - 04:35 PM, said:

Hi,
I've got this working for my server (great job maker!) via BitNet.
If anyone wants to know how, you need:

2x Computer running the bitnetrepeat program (Supports mini antennae and full towers) - pastebin get eaq0ucSi bitnetrepeat
1x Computer for EAS - these two need to be linked via either a wireless or wired modem (I personally would choose wired, no way for wireless security issues then - just cover the cable)
*1*x Computer for decoding - Unless you have a city then obviously you have more
Either 2x BitNet Mini Antennae (For local range city use) or 1x BitNet Mini Antenna and 1x Full BitNet Tower

If you are doing this per house (no city):
Spoiler

If you have a city
Spoiler

Of course there is better ways (maybe change the code a bit) but this way IMO is better because you go RedNet Communication -<>- BitNet Tower ))) BitNet towers -<>- RedNet Communication (Basically the bitnetrepeat program is like a modem, turn RedNet (binary) into BitNet (telephone tones) and back again)
Will try it

#30 PokeAcer

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:52 PM

minebuild02, I'd be happy to give you a coder rank on my modpack server and you can come test it.

Server Forum Link - http://www.computerc...pack-computech/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users