utility

33 replies to this topic

#1 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:49 PM

On - automatic computer activator
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

install it with:
pastebin get W4GLNE39 startup
or
pastebin get W4GLNE39 on

or even

std ld on on

Now supports colors on advanced computers!

Also supports normal computers just as well!

Now can turn computers OFF! (bum bum buuumm)

General info:
Spoiler

Feature list:
Spoiler

Screenshots:
Spoiler

FAQ:
Spoiler

Please list any bugs you find or features you suggest so that I can dismiss them and roll my eyes sarcastically.

Edited by EldidiStroyrr, 29 July 2016 - 07:09 AM.

#2 InDieTasten

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:51 PM

+1 for humorous post

#3 Geforce Fan

• Members
  • 846 posts
  • LocationMissouri, United States, America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe 42B, Life Street, Multiverse, 4th Dimension

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:31 PM

I was gonna do this...

#4 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:37 PM

Presenting... Off. Exactly the same as On, but with 100% more uselessness! xD

I give you an internet point for originality.

#5 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:40 AM

View PostKingofGamesYami, on 31 March 2015 - 11:37 PM, said:

Presenting... Off. Exactly the same as On, but with 100% more uselessness! xD

I give you an internet point for originality.

Haha, I love internet satire.

#6 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:02 AM

Just added screenshots. Now you can view how sexy my program is before you inevitably download it. Go ahead. You know you want to. I'm 153% sure that my math is correct.

Edited by LDDestroier, 02 April 2015 - 02:06 AM.

#7 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:49 PM

I have fixed the rapidly refreshing screen, added the ability to run in the background, and made it list all computers in a text file called "/complist".

#8 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:02 PM

I have greatly increased resiliance to modem spamming (rapidly turning one or more modems on and off), as it would, before, crash the program.

#9 InDieTasten

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:06 PM

Oh my gosh, you are getting this to a sell-able software product :'D

#10 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 02 April 2015 - 12:44 AM

View PostInDieTasten, on 01 April 2015 - 11:06 PM, said:

Sellable? Um, not only is a quick lua program not sellable, but I'm a huge advocate of open-source stuff.

I MEAN thanks.

EDIT: I think I found a typing style for the forums. Sarcastic, witty, and Stephen Colbert-esque.

Edited by LDDestroier, 02 April 2015 - 02:04 AM.

#11 InDieTasten

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:10 AM

View PostLDDestroier, on 02 April 2015 - 12:44 AM, said:

View PostInDieTasten, on 01 April 2015 - 11:06 PM, said:

Sellable? Um, not only is a quick lua program not sellable, but I'm a huge advocate of open-source stuff.

I MEAN thanks.

EDIT: I think I found a typing style for the forums. Sarcastic, witty, and Stephen Colbert-esque.
:D I think that was hilarious. Even if I didn't meant it sarcastic, sell-"able" doesn't mean, you should sell, rather than you COULD sell it. Me myself am also on the light, non-proprietary side of software development^^

Edited by InDieTasten, 02 April 2015 - 02:11 AM.

#12 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:49 PM

Finally got another big update! Here's a list of what I remember changing:

+Advanced computers now have extra colors (took a lot of shit on my part)
+Added little animations that can be toggled in the code, to make sure computercraft hasn't crashed or something (they look cool, okay?)
+Added a more standard config section of the code.

New config items:
+ 'animations' - toggles whether animations are enabled or disabled (boolean)
+ 'onOrOff' - toggles whether the program should turn computers on or off (string ["on" or "off"])
+ 'spoofMode' - Toggles whether it should fake some non-real computers into the list, to test it on emulator and stuff. (boolean)
+ 'loadBarChar' - Just tells it what character it should have in the loading bar animation I added. (string [single character, please])
+ 'background' - Determines whether it should run On in the background and have a shell running when you start it. You can use 'exit' to go back. (boolean)

Those are the config items, don't even touch anything else unless you want to redownload.

EDIT: Just found a bit more graphics bugs and fixed them.

Edited by LDDestroier, 02 April 2015 - 06:30 PM.

#13 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:40 PM

My god!! Just fracking did it. If you were experiencing errors or problems over the past ten minutes or so, it's because I was actively fixing them and they should be okay now.
Here's a new changelist.
+Spinning line animation on computers in the list will turn into a * when the corresponding computer is off.
+If there are too many computers on the screen to display one on top of another, it now GOES TO THE RIGHT SIDE. It only does that once however, and doesn't roll over again on monitors...yet. I have no idea why one would do that anyway, to be honest.

EDIT: I also found a...bug. A bug where on a computer, when you exit, it grays out the font...even on normal computers. Someone please look into it and find out how to exploit it, I don't want to.

EDIT EDIT: Crap, found an actual, bad bug. Just a minute.

Edited by Lyqyd, 04 April 2015 - 03:18 PM.

#14 InDieTasten

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:00 PM

I think I have to start crying :'D

#15 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:55 PM

FINALLY!!! It's been a few HOURS, but I did it. Here's a modest list of changes which took me very long:

-Text grays out when you exit program, even on regular computer
+List of computers will now overflow to the right when it runs out of space. This can go on forever, assuming you have infinite monitor space.
-Bugs fixed

I hope it was all worth it. It looks awesome on an advanced computer.

Ask me if I'm happy. Then look at my signature.

EDIT: Crap! It doesn't scroll forever.
EDIT EDIT: Stupid me, the monitor was too small. Tee hee.

Edited by Lyqyd, 04 April 2015 - 03:18 PM.

#16 wieselkatze

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:12 PM

Greetings, I'll just give my two cents for this program.
I have to say that I've not tried it yet, but I probably would if I see this one feature implemented that I'm going to suggest right now.
How about relays? Sure, you could just put another computer running "On" as the startup script in the network, but that wouldn't be as cool as a relay.
My perception would be that the main computer can 'see through' the relay and list all the computers behind it. Like if there was no relay at all.
Of course it'd be nice if you could put relays behind relay and so on...
I'd really see a benefit from this as some bases, like mine, tend to become relatively big, where the 256 cable limit would become a problem.

~ wieselkatze

#17 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:19 PM

Keep the language clean, please.

#18 InDieTasten

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:37 PM

View Postwieselkatze, on 04 April 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

I have to say that I've not tried it yet, but I probably would if I see this one feature implemented that I'm going to suggest right now.
How about relays? Sure, you could just put another computer running "On" as the startup script in the network, but that wouldn't be as cool as a relay.
My perception would be that the main computer can 'see through' the relay and list all the computers behind it. Like if there was no relay at all.
I'd really see a benefit from this as some bases, like mine, tend to become relatively big, where the 256 cable limit would become a problem.

~ wieselkatze
This doesn't work, unless you out extra software on the computers, that do the relaying ;) This program functions much like wake-on-lan, you cannot send messages through a computer, if he doesn
t want to. You could just install a derived version of "Relay" to the relaying computers as startup. But automagically as far as I understood your post isn't possible.

#19 wieselkatze

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:55 PM

View PostInDieTasten, on 04 April 2015 - 05:37 PM, said:

This doesn't work, unless you out extra software on the computers, that do the relaying ;) This program functions much like wake-on-lan, you cannot send messages through a computer, if he doesn
t want to. You could just install a derived version of "Relay" to the relaying computers as startup. But automagically as far as I understood your post isn't possible.

I think you might have misunderstood my post - that was my exact suggestion for him to make.
Hence why I said "this one feature that I'm going to suggest right now"

#20 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:49 PM

View Postwieselkatze, on 04 April 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

~ wieselkatze

Hmm, I think I know what you mean. Adding remotely-on'd computers to each list? Sounds a bit hard to do. I'll try it.

EDIT: Too hard dammit. I'm not good at any networking.

Edited by LDDestroier, 04 April 2015 - 11:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users