• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:21 AM

The
else

is part of this if
if contents[ tArgs[ 2 ] ] then --#if it is there

Notice the indentation, it makes code easier to read.

#42 YUGATUG

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:54 PM

View PostHPWebcamAble, on 12 April 2015 - 05:02 PM, said:

View PostYUGATUG, on 12 April 2015 - 04:35 PM, said:

if i understand you correctly, that's saying that if <string> does not match k, then the program will write in k (k is the current string the program is comparing against, right?). if it does, the program will print(<string> .. "was never on the list.") , which means that the <string> in the document will never be deleted. Am i understanding your code correctly?

Actually, the idea is that it will open the file that stores them, and rewrite every line, EXCEPT the one you specify to delete.

Remember that when opening files in "w" mode, it deletes the content of the file before you write anything

oh, i didn't know opening a file in write mode deletes the contents of the file, that clears thing up. Thanks!

#43 YUGATUG

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:17 PM

Here's the deal: I'm getting bored of this project. I have the code for a 15 dollar itunes gift card. First person to make the program (with the added scrolling feature *it must work on both pocket computers and regular ones*) as i describe gets the code. (make sure to pm your program to me, i will pm the code back.)

What's that you say? You don't believe i have the gift card? http://imgur.com/Pn4JDL5,RjpWM4C#0 and http://imgur.com/Pn4JDL5,RjpWM4C#1 . the green is to prevent you from seeing the information to cash it in without me wanting you to.

Huh? You think i've already used up the balance of the card?
Well, you might be right. I haven't, but i can't prove to you i haven't.

What? You think i won't give you the code?
You might be right again. I can't sign an internet contract because those don't exist, but i will give you the code.

Your move, internet.

Edited by YUGATUG, 14 April 2015 - 10:18 PM.

#44 HPWebcamAble

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationWeb Development

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:46 PM

View PostYUGATUG, on 14 April 2015 - 10:17 PM, said:

make the program as i describe

I don't think this thread actually has a full description of the program. Maybe you should lay out how it should work in one post

You can also try posting in the General section so that more people see it, although I'm not sure if the Admins will let you do the gift card thing

#45 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:52 PM

We'd generally prefer that those sorts of transactions not be conducted via the forums, but we obviously can't stop people from sending whatever they want in PMs.

#46 YUGATUG

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:29 AM

View PostHPWebcamAble, on 14 April 2015 - 11:46 PM, said:

View PostYUGATUG, on 14 April 2015 - 10:17 PM, said:

make the program as i describe

I don't think this thread actually has a full description of the program. Maybe you should lay out how it should work in one post

You can also try posting in the General section so that more people see it, although I'm not sure if the Admins will let you do the gift card thing

oh, i guess you're right, i thought i had typed it out already.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users