Best OS

29 replies to this topic

#1 _removed

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:45 PM

Whats your favourite OS and why? Mine is CraftOS, due to the fact that it is simple and built in.

You can include real-life OS's as well, such as Debian or Windows.

#2 ItsRodrick

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Location= gps.locate() or "unknown"

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:50 PM

NovaOS (Should we include links to the topics?)

Because it's epic. A cool and user friendly GUI, Epic Animations... etc

Edited by RodrickLord, 14 April 2015 - 08:51 PM.

#3 _removed

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:53 PM

Include what you want.

#4 Creator

Mad Dash Victor

• Members
  • 2,168 posts
  • LocationYou will never find me, muhahahahahaha

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:11 PM

OmniOS, because it is my OS and I need to promote it.... Nah, actually I don't know. Windows is not bad, but I guess it is because I am accustomed to it. Else for CC Nin is epic as are Nova. OneOS is not bad but I don't get why there is such a fuss about it. I guess OmniOS will stand out in some way, if I manage to do everything I plan to. Anyway, it wont be a NDFJay copy at least.

Edited by Creator, 05 May 2015 - 11:06 AM.

#5 CrazedProgrammer

• Members
  • 495 posts
  • LocationWageningen, The Netherlands

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:25 PM

Windows because it has lots of options and almost every PC game is made for it.
I like the flat design of Windows 8.1, except for the Start Menu, but you can have a normal start menu with Classic Shell.
My favourite ComputerCraft OS was OneOS 1.3 when the app store still worked.
Now it's Nova Horizon because it's practical and it has a nice interface.
The only thing I don't like about it is that the multitasking is confusing.

Edited by CrazedProgrammer, 16 April 2015 - 06:41 PM.

#6 _removed

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:39 PM

Now for my IRL OS.....

I use Windows 8.1, however, I would like to try out Linux. Altogether, I prefer Windows.

#7 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:28 PM

My favorite CC OS is either Nova or OneOS, though I don't use either very much.

My favorite IRL OS is Windows 7, I cannot stand Windows 8 or 8.1, mostly due to the fact that the icons on my desktop reload everytime I open/close a window and windows explorer crashes if I open a folder on my desktop.

#8 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:32 PM

View Postsmigger22, on 16 April 2015 - 06:39 PM, said:

I would like to try out Linux.

grab some VM software, and a disro disk in iso form

#9 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:53 AM

CC OS:

OneOS it is clean and simple, no messing around and it works! I wouldn't choose mine because I don't care enough :P I don't use OS's at all I literally use my own file browser and craft os as it is all contained in protected calls so idk. but yeah I guess OneOS just because the design is nice.

IRL OS:
Hmm this is a tricky one because there are a few, I like Windows 10 (for the tech preview) I like the design,
I would probably say Ubuntu GNOME with the design and how easy it is to use! I love the CLI.

#10 MindenCucc

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Location/home/marcus/

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:30 AM

That's a hard question, because I'm using Windows 8, but any Windows exept 3.1, 95 and Vista is a piece of dirt. I like the design of Win8, but under the hood Windows is cowdirt.
I have 2 Linuxes, a Ubuntu 12.04.2 with LXDE, and a Slackware64 13.37 with KDE3(mabye 4). I like Linuxes, because I'm used to DOS, where everything is CLI-based (the "GUI"s run in console too :P). So my favorite IRL-OS is DOS :D

My favorite CC-OS is --snip--'s --snip--, even if it's indev. It has a neat shell with piping, also it's funny, that if you open a lot of taskbars, all the clocks on it tick differently :lol:

Edit: replaced things with --snip-- for request

Edited by MindenCucc, 01 May 2015 - 06:49 PM.

#11 FUNCTION MAN!

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:24 PM

Surely Arch Linux.

Edited by Dr. Poof, 08 May 2015 - 08:25 PM.

#12 SkyCrafter0

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:41 PM

IRL: Windows 10
Ingame: Nova Horizons: Link: Nova
Lyqyd dont edit my posts bro, u can post a reply, but no editing (personal space)
http://www.computerc...va-horizon-v12/

Edited by Bomb Bloke, 04 December 2017 - 11:10 PM.

#13 PrismaticYT

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:43 AM

IRL: Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon
Ingame: idk really

#14 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:36 PM

View PostSkyCrafter0, on 03 December 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

Lyqyd dont edit my posts bro, u can post a reply, but no editing

He probably has a very good reason for editing your post, for example shortened links are not allowed on the forums.

#15 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:15 PM

Indeed - if you want to change the appearance of a URL, use URL tags. You should absolutely expect redirects to be removed from your posts.

#16 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:54 AM

View PostSkyCrafter0, on 03 December 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

Lyqyd dont edit my posts bro, u can post a reply, but no editing (personal space)

When it's necessary to edit a post (to remove a redirecting link, for instance), it's easiest to leave a note explaining why in the post itself, as it clarifies to anyone reading why the post was modified, including the person who posted it. This practice also means that cleaning up the notification to the poster can be done by the poster themselves, once they have fixed whatever issue required the edit. The moderation team is responsible for curating the content across the site, so you should not have any expectation that your posts will be protected in any way if you do not follow both the letter and the spirit of the rules for the forums. In this case, editing your post to remove the redirecting link was one of the nicer options--a fair alternative to simply removing the post.

#17 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:38 PM

I saw Lyqyd in the latest post and I thought he was gonna promote his own OS. Mhm.

My favorite CC OS is probably Opus OS. It has a damn fine UI with multitasking and impressive animations.

Favorite real OS? Ubuntu. Second favorite? Ubuntu MATE. Third? Zorin OS. That one looks cool.

...You won't see Windows on this list, even if XP was my childhood (and is the definition of "served its purpose") and 7 is not too shabby itself.

#18 Purple

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dark, looking at the pretty lights with dreams of things I can not have.

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:14 PM

Windows XP SP3 hands down.

#19 CLNinja

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:48 PM

Don't really have a favorite real world OS although I'm using windows purely because i have software for school that only runs on windows.

In CC my favorite OS would have to be the one me and my friend made, Vorbani | Its a linux modeled OS with a ton of additional features (Including a compat layer to literally just run craftOS inside of a sandbox inside of the main Vorbani sandbox)

#20 Nothy

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:16 PM

My favorite CC OS is definitely Axiom OneOS.

My favorite real world OSs is probably Windows 10 and Ubuntu atm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users