Jump to content




Strafe - Download and play games

game utility pocket

57 replies to this topic

#41 クデル

  • Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:13 AM

I just have two three suggestions:

1. Add some text when games are being loaded in the download section, just to show that the listing is actually being downloaded rather than a blank white screen. Same applies to the installed games, maybe some text saying "No games, install some" or something along those lines.

2. Have an error screen when a game crashes/errors rather than showing the error message than quickly redrawing the library.

3. Arrow key functionality so I can navigate with my keyboard rather than the mouse.

Edited by Ice Cream, 10 July 2015 - 05:13 AM.


#42 Creeper9207

  • Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:04 AM

How about a messaging/friend system and "Strafe" In-Game overlay

#43 Konlab

  • Members
  • 595 posts
  • LocationKerbin

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:05 PM

You can try 000webhost.com, they give you free web servers with php support. The only downside is that they'll put some extra html in your php pages and somebody has to view it 10 times a month to keep the website up (which is not a problem because you have a very popular and cool program called Strafe on the computercraft forums)


#44 クデル

  • Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:14 PM

I would recommend, x10hosting.com, they offer free plans without advertising, custom domains for free and aren't blocked by AT&T like 000webhost.

#45 CrazedProgrammer

  • Members
  • 495 posts
  • LocationWageningen, The Netherlands

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:16 PM

View PostEsKreme, on 05 November 2015 - 09:14 PM, said:

I would recommend, x10hosting.com, they offer free plans without advertising, custom domains for free and aren't blocked by AT&T like 000webhost.

View PostCreeper9207, on 31 October 2015 - 03:04 AM, said:

How about a messaging/friend system and "Strafe" In-Game overlay

View PostKonlab, on 05 November 2015 - 06:05 PM, said:

You can try 000webhost.com, they give you free web servers with php support. The only downside is that they'll put some extra html in your php pages and somebody has to view it 10 times a month to keep the website up (which is not a problem because you have a very popular and cool program called Strafe on the computercraft forums)
Sorry, but I'm not active anymore with ComputerCraft, and I certainly don't have the skill to set up such a big networking task.
Thanks for the suggestions though!

#46 Creator

    Mad Dash Victor

  • Members
  • 2,168 posts
  • LocationYou will never find me, muhahahahahaha

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:09 PM

View PostCrazedProgrammer, on 06 November 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

View PostEsKreme, on 05 November 2015 - 09:14 PM, said:

I would recommend, x10hosting.com, they offer free plans without advertising, custom domains for free and aren't blocked by AT&T like 000webhost.

View PostCreeper9207, on 31 October 2015 - 03:04 AM, said:

How about a messaging/friend system and "Strafe" In-Game overlay

View PostKonlab, on 05 November 2015 - 06:05 PM, said:

You can try 000webhost.com, they give you free web servers with php support. The only downside is that they'll put some extra html in your php pages and somebody has to view it 10 times a month to keep the website up (which is not a problem because you have a very popular and cool program called Strafe on the computercraft forums)
Sorry, but I'm not active anymore with ComputerCraft, and I certainly don't have the skill to set up such a big networking task.
Thanks for the suggestions though!

So you're leaving CC?

#47 CrazedProgrammer

  • Members
  • 495 posts
  • LocationWageningen, The Netherlands

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:16 PM

View PostCreator, on 06 November 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

View PostCrazedProgrammer, on 06 November 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

View PostEsKreme, on 05 November 2015 - 09:14 PM, said:

I would recommend, x10hosting.com, they offer free plans without advertising, custom domains for free and aren't blocked by AT&T like 000webhost.

View PostCreeper9207, on 31 October 2015 - 03:04 AM, said:

How about a messaging/friend system and "Strafe" In-Game overlay

View PostKonlab, on 05 November 2015 - 06:05 PM, said:

You can try 000webhost.com, they give you free web servers with php support. The only downside is that they'll put some extra html in your php pages and somebody has to view it 10 times a month to keep the website up (which is not a problem because you have a very popular and cool program called Strafe on the computercraft forums)
Sorry, but I'm not active anymore with ComputerCraft, and I certainly don't have the skill to set up such a big networking task.
Thanks for the suggestions though!

So you're leaving CC?
Yeah.
I may come back though but don't count on it.

#48 Lewisk3

  • Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:39 AM

Hey been working on a game for a while, using my RPG API and i was wondering if you could please add it to Strafe?

heres the installer: http://pastebin.com/7Pr4Kv32

thanks.

EDIT: just now saw the comment out you quitting computercraft :/ sorry for posting without seeing this, and it doesnt seem like im able to delete this post :(

Edited by Redxone, 18 February 2016 - 08:43 AM.


#49 CrazedProgrammer

  • Members
  • 495 posts
  • LocationWageningen, The Netherlands

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:11 PM

View PostRedxone, on 18 February 2016 - 08:39 AM, said:

Hey been working on a game for a while, using my RPG API and i was wondering if you could please add it to Strafe?

heres the installer: http://pastebin.com/7Pr4Kv32

thanks.

EDIT: just now saw the comment out you quitting computercraft :/ sorry for posting without seeing this, and it doesnt seem like im able to delete this post :(
Hi Redxone,

No need to apologize, thanks for sharing your game.
Unfortunately, I am inactive with ComputerCraft for a few months now due to being busy with school and an overall burnout with programming.
I might come back with a tech demo or something like that.
The new characters in CC1.76 seem really interesting and I've thought of an interlacing solution which allows for a virtual 60fps playback on the 20fps computercraft screens.
I wish you good luck with your game :)

Cheers

Edited by CrazedProgrammer, 19 February 2016 - 08:18 PM.


#50 Bomb Bloke

    Hobbyist Coder

  • Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:36 AM

View PostCrazedProgrammer, on 19 February 2016 - 08:11 PM, said:

The new characters in CC1.76 seem really interesting and I've thought of an interlacing solution which allows for a virtual 60fps playback on the 20fps computercraft screens.

Hmm? I'm kinda lost as to what you might be thinking here; as far as I'm aware there's no such limit on the displays themselves...

#51 Siftos31

  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:12 PM

Hi Crazed Programmer. I working on a os with the name SifOS X and I will have ur program in it.

my english is bad

#52 CrazedProgrammer

  • Members
  • 495 posts
  • LocationWageningen, The Netherlands

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:36 AM

View PostSiftos31, on 29 February 2016 - 06:12 PM, said:

Hi Crazed Programmer. I working on a os with the name SifOS X and I will have ur program in it.

my english is bad
That's great!
Credits are always appreciated.

#53 Gumball

  • Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationFairbanks, Alaska

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:06 PM

Could you add my new game SimpleCCRockets? You build and fly rockets. :P

#54 CrazedProgrammer

  • Members
  • 495 posts
  • LocationWageningen, The Netherlands

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:39 PM

Hey guys!

I'm thinking of making a completely revamped Strafe, let's call it Strafe 2.0 :P
It will have a better UI system, categories for games, chip-8 games with an emulator and an achievement/stats API (no overlays though, that's impossible, and also no friends/messaging system. I'm not going to set up a server).
Let's hope I have enough motivation to build and finish this! :)
If you have any suggestions, please reply.
It really helps my motivation grow



View Postbluebird173, on 15 March 2016 - 05:06 PM, said:

Could you add my new game SimpleCCRockets? You build and fly rockets. :P
Hi bluebird173,

Sorry for taking so long to respond, I didn't see this and I wasn't really active with CC.
Anyways, I can't add your game because I don't add proof-of-concepts to Strafe.
Also, the game doesn't work when I place it in anything other than the root directory.
Thanks for the effort, though :P

#55 LDDestroier

  • Members
  • 1,091 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:26 PM

Hey, can you add QuickDraw and Breakout to Strafe?

#56 Sancho

  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:13 PM

View PostCrazedProgrammer, on 01 April 2016 - 08:39 PM, said:

Hey guys! I'm thinking of making a completely revamped Strafe, let's call it Strafe 2.0 :P/> It will have a better UI system, categories for games, chip-8 games with an emulator and an achievement/stats API (no overlays though, that's impossible, and also no friends/messaging system. I'm not going to set up a server). Let's hope I have enough motivation to build and finish this! :)/> If you have any suggestions, please reply. It really helps my motivation grow

Sounds good. Looking forward to it!


FYI, I tried out your script and it completely killed my server. I downloaded all available games, and now when I run strafe the server begins to lag like crazy. After a couple of minutes I can't even interact with anything anymore. I've reproduced it 3 times now, so I'm pretty sure it's Strafe. I am using ComputerCraftEdu 1.74. I will have to uninstall for now, but I'm looking forward to any fixes.

Edited by Sancho, 15 April 2016 - 01:09 AM.


#57 EveryOS

    Resident Necromancer

  • Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationBOO!!

Posted 06 November 2016 - 02:29 PM

If you add a server:
Someone mentioned 000webhost adding a piece of html. You can get rid of that by disabling analytics.
I personally, however, reccommend c9.io for testing, and heroku for hosting. The nice thing is c9.io has a linux terminal, so you can push your ruby or php app directly from c9.io to heroku.com

#58 CrazedProgrammer

  • Members
  • 495 posts
  • LocationWageningen, The Netherlands

Posted 08 April 2019 - 07:59 PM

It's been a while, but I've added QuickDraw by LDDestroier and Doom by Xelostar to the games list.

I'm using these two games to improve compatibility and correctness in the ComputerCraft emulator I'm developing right now, CCBox.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users