Strafe - Download and play games

game utility pocket

57 replies to this topic

#21 Tag365

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:50 PM

Can you add this game to your list? Please note that the game's name is not final and will be changed later.
http://www.computerc...ding-game-test/

#22 CrazedProgrammer

• Members
  • 495 posts
  • LocationWageningen, The Netherlands

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:05 PM

View PostTag365, on 18 May 2015 - 03:50 PM, said:

Can you add this game to your list? Please note that the game's name is not final and will be changed later.
http://www.computerc...ding-game-test/
Your game doesn't fit the requirement "No absolute paths".
It creates a CrBu folder in the root folder and that isn't allowed.
If you change it so that it creates the CrBu folder in the game's folder then I'll add it to Strafe.

It's a really promising game, can't wait for updates! :D

Edited by CrazedProgrammer, 18 May 2015 - 08:06 PM.

#23 Tag365

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:10 PM

It should now create a relative path now that I changed it. Are you using the online launcher? If so then simply run it again and you should see it is in the relative path of the currently running program.

Edited by Tag365, 18 May 2015 - 08:23 PM.

#24 CrazedProgrammer

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:08 PM

Added Building Game Test by Tag365.
Strafe now has 20 games!

Edited by CrazedProgrammer, 19 May 2015 - 08:09 PM.

#25 Tag365

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:43 PM

Thank you.

#26 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:20 AM

View PostCrazedProgrammer, on 09 May 2015 - 07:08 PM, said:

View PostLDDestroier, on 09 May 2015 - 01:36 AM, said:

I know Strafe is used for games, but can you please add my minimap program? There are no other app stores as it seems. Pastebin: G7SmdMKD
Banner: mKKa3yQq
I'll add it as soon as possible, but your banner is in NFT format, which is a binary file.
Pastebin doesn't support binary files, so please upload it to something like MediaFire or convert it to SRF format using the Surface API and this script:

When I downloaded the pastebin of the banner, it DID give me binary characters that didn't appear in the website. Try doing that, please.

#27 CrazedProgrammer

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:46 AM

View PostLDDestroier, on 24 May 2015 - 05:20 AM, said:

I know Strafe is used for games, but can you please add my minimap program? There are no other app stores as it seems. Pastebin: G7SmdMKD
I'll add it as soon as possible, but your banner is in NFT format, which is a binary file.
Pastebin doesn't support binary files, so please upload it to something like MediaFire or convert it to SRF format using the Surface API and this script:

When I downloaded the pastebin of the banner, it DID give me binary characters that didn't appear in the website. Try doing that, please.
The banner doesn't conform to the normal banner style and the "GPS" is cut off by the download button :P
I've changed it and I've added your program to Strafe.

#28 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:55 PM

View PostCrazedProgrammer, on 24 May 2015 - 09:46 AM, said:

The banner doesn't conform to the normal banner style and the "GPS" is cut off by the download button :P

Thanks for adding it! All I ask is a minor change to the banner, just get rid of the lightGray underscores on the thing, it was a mistake to add it. Looks tacky there. Also, I updated Map to tell the user that it is, in fact, looking for a GPS server if it is started without gps access.

#29 CrazedProgrammer

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:08 PM

View PostLDDestroier, on 25 May 2015 - 07:55 PM, said:

View PostCrazedProgrammer, on 24 May 2015 - 09:46 AM, said:

Thanks for adding it! All I ask is a minor change to the banner, just get rid of the lightGray underscores on the thing, it was a mistake to add it. Looks tacky there. Also, I updated Map to tell the user that it is, in fact, looking for a GPS server if it is started without gps access.
I've changed the banner.

Edited by CrazedProgrammer, 25 May 2015 - 08:08 PM.

#30 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:02 PM

In my free time, I made a simple-ish logo for Strafe in the PNG format, to put in the forum post. It was made with MSPAINT (which crashed many times - microsoft, amiright) and GIMP to make it shinier.

Posted Image

#31 nickname912

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:18 PM

It would be cool If Strafe had an achivment system for games integrated with Strafe.

#32 nitrogenfingers

Lua Professor

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:40 AM

I finally got around to trying this. It isn't bad, the library is pretty big. One thing I found a bit irksome was clicking on the "play/delete" text on each tile; clicking or double-clicking on the banner should take me straight to the game. Nice stuff.

#33 CrazedProgrammer

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

View Postnitrogenfingers, on 27 May 2015 - 04:40 AM, said:

I finally got around to trying this. It isn't bad, the library is pretty big. One thing I found a bit irksome was clicking on the "play/delete" text on each tile; clicking or double-clicking on the banner should take me straight to the game. Nice stuff.
Thanks!
I'll change it in the next update.

View PostLDDestroier, on 25 May 2015 - 11:02 PM, said:

In my free time, I made a simple-ish logo for Strafe in the PNG format, to put in the forum post. It was made with MSPAINT (which crashed many times - microsoft, amiright) and GIMP to make it shinier.
Cool!
The only thing I don't like is the font.
It would be great if it had the minecraft font.

#34 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:49 PM

A real problem I have with Strafe is that the store doesn't have any sorting to speak of, meaning I can't go through puzzles, action, platformers, utilities, or pseudo-3d games. So can you add some sort of sorting mechanism, or (even cooler) the ability to upload computercraft (not pastebin - at least not directly) games to Strafe directly from the computer, along with a banner, awaiting for your approval? That would be awesome...but hard to implement fully I would guess.

View PostCrazedProgrammer, on 27 May 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

Cool!

Good to know what font you prefer...yeah!
I'll go redo it with more minecraft thingies. Any color schemes I need/want to follow?

#35 ry00000

• Members
  • 244 posts
  • LocationComputer, Base, SwitchCraft, Cube-earth, Blockiverse, Computer

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:16 PM

This is becoming Steam! I personally LOVE Steam, so kudos to Valve and CrazedProgrammer, the former for creating the awesome game store that we all know and love and the latter for recreating it in CC.

#36 CrazedProgrammer

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:54 PM

View PostLDDestroier, on 27 May 2015 - 05:49 PM, said:

A real problem I have with Strafe is that the store doesn't have any sorting to speak of, meaning I can't go through puzzles, action, platformers, utilities, or pseudo-3d games. So can you add some sort of sorting mechanism, or (even cooler) the ability to upload computercraft (not pastebin - at least not directly) games to Strafe directly from the computer, along with a banner, awaiting for your approval? That would be awesome...but hard to implement fully I would guess.

View PostCrazedProgrammer, on 27 May 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

Cool!

Good to know what font you prefer...yeah!
I'll go redo it with more minecraft thingies. Any color schemes I need/want to follow?
Thanks for the feedback!
I'll add categories in the next update.
I can't make a program to upload games directly to Strafe because I don't have a webserver and I don't know how to do networking.
Currently, all installations go directly through pastebin (using shell commands).

I'd like the banner to be pixel-art-y (no anti-aliased lines, all pixels the same size).
I don't really want to change the color scheme.
The one you provided was good.

View Postry00000, on 27 May 2015 - 06:16 PM, said:

This is becoming Steam! I personally LOVE Steam, so kudos to Valve and CrazedProgrammer, the former for creating the awesome game store that we all know and love and the latter for recreating it in CC.
Thanks!
I also love steam :D

#37 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:09 PM

I got a minecraft font. How's this?

Posted Image

Still has transparency. Eh?

#38 CrazedProgrammer

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:23 PM

View PostLDDestroier, on 28 May 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

I got a minecraft font. How's this?

Posted Image

Still has transparency. Eh?
Nice!
The - in the t is one pixel too high.
If you fix that, I'll put it on top of the forum post (with credit of course)

#39 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:29 PM

I've updated my Map program a few times with different pastebins. Can you replace the existing 'GPS Minimap 1.2.4' with this new 'GPS Minimap 1.3.1'? pastebin code: x9ajKSc0 It has major updates.

#40 Creeper9207

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:39 AM

Challenge.. make a messanger & friend system and include an in-game overlay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users