api media

25 replies to this topic

#21 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 18 September 2016 - 10:15 AM

In the first post is an example script - copy / paste that onto your computer, along with a few GIF files, then simply run that.

If you're still stuck, elaborate on the bit you're having trouble with. I have no way of knowing what you've already managed to set up so far.

#22 Chelebi

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 11:52 AM

so i loaded GIF and package via pastebin and copy / paste your example.

when i run you example it finds the .gif but it does not fit on the screen its zoomes realy faar in.

im trying to get this .gif running maybe this will give an idea.
Posted Image

i don't really have experience with computercraft but i found your Video and wanted to use this to play this GIF on our server spawn. i hope you can help me with that :)

Edited by Chelebi, 18 September 2016 - 09:02 PM.

#23 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 19 September 2016 - 08:57 AM

ComputerCraft doesn't offer control over "pixels", as such - you can draw text characters to a display, each of a different colour (and perhaps with a different colour again behind them).

So most CC "art" involves writing coloured spaces. Since the average CC display is 51x19 characters, there isn't room to fully represent a 209x300 image like the one you've got there - even a full-sized external monitor has a maximum resolution of 164x81 characters.

BLittle can help with this somewhat, assuming you're on Minecraft 1.8 or later:

Spoiler

That'll still only get you 328x243 though. For more you'd need multiple monitors via eg Stitch, but you'll start to interfere with your server tick rate by that stage.

Really you'd be better off shrinking that image. 139x200 would work well with BLittle, whereas you'd need to go down to something like 56x81 without.

#24 Chelebi

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 09:50 AM

ok im going to try that :) Thanks for your Help.

#25 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:28 AM

Hey Bomb Bloke!

I have a specific problem with figuring out how to use this API on the Project Beta server. It involves using 44 computers to store a 39 MB GIF file of the trailer to the Rocky Horror Picture Show and animate it onto a monitor, but it errors, and the error is so long, that it gets another 'too long without yield' error just rendering it.

...help?

#26 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 24 December 2016 - 01:09 PM

I logged into the server, but even there I found nothing which would lead me to anything I could use to even begin to troubleshoot that. Provide more information, such as the code you're running, the last of your lines to execute before the error, the image file used to generate the error, etc...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users