GPS Minimap v1.3.9 - Graphical Minimap for your PDA! Advanced/Regular! See other clients on the screen!

utility

46 replies to this topic

#21 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:54 PM

New problem. When I added the update argument, it might've broke something in the pastebin, because it no longer works. I'll have to get my fresh copy of the program from QuantumCraft if I want to fix what I broke. But until then, please someone help me with it.

#22 MindenCucc

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Location/home/marcus/

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:12 PM

View PostLDDestroier, on 01 June 2015 - 01:41 AM, said:

Wow, I didn't know minimaps used that much cpu. And what do you mean adding a 'maprenderer' to the pocket computers? Do you mean a default program like mine? Because my program being added as at least a treasure disk would be an honor.

Nah, it's not the CPU usage, it's about rendering the world almost twice. My integrated GPU is not as good as a real graphics card. And since my hardware is so old that AMD (Basic Macro Devices) does not have proper driver for Windows 8, I moved permanently to my good ol' Slackware13.37, and now it runs with <8fps because as I said, my hardware is old, that there's no "real" driver for my integrated thingy. Anyways, AMD's drivers were always bad, especially for Linuxes (Linuces? :P).
By maprenderer I meant rendering pocketcomps as a map thus showing its screen on a map-like interface-thingy.

#23 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:17 PM

Damn that was close, anyway I got the bugs fixed, and improved upon a little graphical bug that happens after getting out of a prompt.

New update to the config file. Added 'autoUpdate' (defaults to false). If true, then it will automatically update Map every time it is ran. Turning this on can help with updating to the latest version through Strafe.

#24 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:37 PM

New update! Found a bug in the command rendering, and fixed it. Then added a screen to select options without accidentally pressing a button as easily. Keybind = 'M'. Also fixed a rendering bug where after doing something like changing the scale with 'S', the bottom of the screen is light gray.

#25 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 04 June 2015 - 03:03 PM

Fixed some flickering things and noncolored computer support. Turns out the menu went to a black screen because the default noncolored text color was black on a black background.

#26 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:13 PM

New update! Now, when labels go over the border, they blend in much more good-lookingly.

EDIT: Also fixed bug where label goes to left side of screen when it goes off the right side of the map. All good here!

Edited by LDDestroier, 04 June 2015 - 05:36 PM.

#27 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:27 PM

New awesome update!! Version 1.3.1 is out! Changelist!

+added 'turtleMode' config option, which toggles turtle controls
+added option to send turtle to waypoint or specified coordinates
*Fixed some random bugs

The turtle support is a huge update, and makes this program infinitely more useful. Now it can send turtles to coordinates AND waypoints!

#28 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:43 PM

New update! Version 1.3.2. To prepare for the latest version of ComputerCraft (which will allow shades of gray in normal computers), Map will now detect whether gray can be added if colors can not, and if it can, then it will render a beautiful grayscale minimap rather than a purely monochrome screen.

This works in LurCraft, which I believe has the beta.

#29 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:35 AM

Oh woops, fixed a major bug for non-advanced computers in the stable 1.73/1.64 computercrafts. Turns out I didn't have a good way of detecting if gray is allowed on regular computers, but now I do. If _CC_VERSION is defined, then you can use colors.gray

EDIT: Fixed more bugs and updated the nonadvanced color scheme.
EDIT 2: Fixed another glaring bug where you press the numpad after starting in an area with no gps, and it renders the map.

Do 'map update' to get the latest version if you have 1.3.1, because they use the same pastebin.

Edited by LDDestroier, 16 June 2015 - 02:08 AM.

#30 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:46 AM

View PostLDDestroier, on 28 April 2015 - 02:56 AM, said:

I am posting this in the hopes that someone like oeed or awsumben13 remakes this into a fancy product. Please do, by the way. For the Nova/OneOS tablets, huzzah.

Can't believe I haven't seen this yet. I'd thought about something like this a while ago and using turtles to scan the blocks, but I never got around to it. With Silica in the works it's certainly something we'll (as it's both Ben and I ;) ) look in to!

#31 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:43 PM

View Postoeed, on 16 June 2015 - 05:46 AM, said:

View PostLDDestroier, on 28 April 2015 - 02:56 AM, said:

I am posting this in the hopes that someone like oeed or awsumben13 remakes this into a fancy product. Please do, by the way. For the Nova/OneOS tablets, huzzah.

Can't believe I haven't seen this yet. I'd thought about something like this a while ago and using turtles to scan the blocks, but I never got around to it. With Silica in the works it's certainly something we'll (as it's both Ben and I ;) ) look in to!

Marvelous! Can't wait until you're done creative Silica. It may even be the first external API I would learn.
Oh, and in Silica, try to have it check whether it can do gray or lightGray on normal computers. You can tell if it can if the variable _VERSION or _CC_VERSION exists, as they were added in the beta, which allows that.

And if you don't call your Silica-based OS OneOS, give it a goddamn awesome name.

#32 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:28 PM

New update! Kinda minor, but it DOES fix a glaring problem I had with my map, and that was that X+ on the map faced right, which screwed with turning left/right on turtles and walking based on the direction of the indicator. It replaces 1.3.2, so you can do 'map update' to get it. In fact, just to have 'map update' do something, all future releases will be under that pastebin code, so 'map update' will now be useful. Yay!

#33 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:04 PM

Fixed a bug with pressing PRINTSCREEN when in the options menu erroring, and added a ton of screenshots to look at! They're new! They're pretty!

New screenshot! I decided to print my program on special BAT-PAPER just for kicks. See in the screenshots section.

Edited by LDDestroier, 18 June 2015 - 11:34 PM.

#34 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:32 AM

View PostLDDestroier, on 18 June 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

And if you don't call your Silica-based OS OneOS, give it a goddamn awesome name.

Yeah it won't be called OneOS. Haven't decided what yet though. :P

#35 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:52 AM

New update 1.3.4, with some fixes and stuff! See the first post for the changelog.
Since I want to have the update option do something, I am now cementing the idea of using only one pastebin file for the latest release, and one pastebin file for the beta, where I test it to make sure I don't screw something up.

Also, I want to request some help for something in my program, open the spoiler for more info:
Spoiler

Edited by LDDestroier, 20 July 2015 - 01:53 AM.

#36 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:21 PM

Newish update. Just improved the visuals of the error screen and reduced some very minor flickering with the Z and X labels and the center indicator.

EDIT: Also added some other things I forgot to mention. A new config option that sets the text scale in case you use a monitor with Map, and a special function to redraw the screen if said monitor is resized.

Edited by LDDestroier, 20 July 2015 - 04:40 PM.

#37 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:36 PM

Minor update. Options menu no longer exits when you press T or P when turtleMode is false. Also improved help screen by removing outdated items and shortening items to fit in screen better.
Oh, and I made the title screen use colormode instead of term.isColor(), and added 'Made by EldidiStroyrr' and 'Version (current map version)' to it.
EDIT: Also replaced an instance of colors.red with mapColors[8], which is the color of the background when not connected to GPS.
EDIT: Also changed an argument. Removed 'map mon', replaced with 'map fast'. term.redirect(term.native()) will only be ran if using 'map fast', as opposed to it being ran unless using 'map mon'.

Why do I get so few replies...?

Edited by LDDestroier, 25 July 2015 - 09:17 PM.

#38 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:24 PM

New update! 1.3.5! Now allows for multiple waypoint files to be shown onscreen! But you can only add, delete, and rename to a single file (/.waypoints/waypoints). Also fixed bug with sending turtles to waypoints or coordinates.

Edited by LDDestroier, 23 August 2015 - 09:56 PM.

#39 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:13 PM

Shite, just realized a crippling bug...if you have two waypoints, then making a third one will replace the second one.
And I have no idea how to fix this...can someone help me?

#40 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:08 PM

View PostLDDestroier, on 31 August 2015 - 05:13 PM, said:

Shite, just realized a crippling bug...if you have two waypoints, then making a third one will replace the second one.
And I have no idea how to fix this...can someone help me?

I think I may have a solution, just gonna try it though!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users