Command Pocket Computers

4 replies to this topic

#1 HDeffo

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:46 AM

Eventually I believe Dan said there is a possibility of these coming out so at that point this program will be obsolete. But for all of those impatient people out there like me heres a program to get those command pocket computers early! :D

Merely run this program on a command computer as startup and type your username in the input to get a command pocket computer. This program does require the command computer to stay in a loaded chunk to run commands however it still has infinite range and is cross dimensional as long as you keep the command computer chunk loaded. Does not use rednet either so no risk of hacking/intercepting commands.

www.pastebin.com/ypbandS1

Edited by HDeffo, 20 May 2015 - 01:50 AM.

#2 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:55 AM

commands.async.give(input.." ComputerCraft:pocketComputer 1 1 {display:{Name:Command Pocket Computer},computerID:"..os.computerID().."}")

Hahahahah... That's pretty clever. :lol:

#3 HDeffo

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:18 AM

Haha thanks :P I don't think that's how IDs are meant to be used, to share files, but it worked really well so I chose the dirty code method instead of rednet or http

Edited by HDeffo, 20 May 2015 - 02:19 AM.

#4 vargaszm

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:39 PM

HDeffo, on 20 May 2015 - 02:18 AM, said:

Haha thanks :P I don't think that's how IDs are meant to be used, to share files, but it worked really well so I chose the dirty code method instead of rednet or http

No computers are used as they are 'meant' to be used, unless you limit describing their use to computing. Really more a matter of choice of adjectives.

Also wouldn't you need upgrade:1 in your tag to get a wireless computer? I've rigged up a cmd API so that command programs can be run slowly on reg comps w command blocks, and getPosition is just gps.locate, except that it'll place hosts.

Pretty sweet, command turtles will be exciting too.

#5 HDeffo

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:08 PM

I mostly only made this because people were requesting command pocket computers and this is a good start if anyone wants to run commands from one. I don't really see too much use in it so I didn't take it much past the initial idea. If anyone is actually using this at all sure I can update to allow wireless pocket computers but again currently I don't see much interest in this besides a "proof of concept" type program.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users