O

220 replies to this topic

#41 biggest yikes

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:03 AM

View PostProjectB, on 05 July 2015 - 11:39 PM, said:

I don't want your API, I was just thinking it would be easier to get absolute values about versions, my internal OS names are spastic.
SysInfo uses O.getVersionNumber(), unless I'm misinterpreting what you mean

Edited by Atenefyr, 06 July 2015 - 12:05 AM.

#42 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:07 AM

You know... as much as I dislike the Shell, this is quite nice. Like the simplicity and speed of it.

#43 ProjectB

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:28 PM

You know... as much as I dislike the Shell, this is quite nice. Like the simplicity and speed of it.
Thanks!

Also a quick PSA to any devs there are no longer closed beta programs rather there are three streams now.
  • standard
  • beta
  • alpha
O2.2 is getting close to the end of it's beta stage! :)
If you have any questions comments or concerns let me know!

#44 biggest yikes

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:36 PM

View PostProjectB, on 06 July 2015 - 07:28 PM, said:

Also a quick PSA to any devs there are no longer closed beta programs rather there are three streams now.
  • standard
  • beta
  • alpha
Awesome!
You might want to remove the closed beta references in the alpha and beta changelogs
Also, the paste for the Alpha package and the closed beta package are the same. Coincidence? I think not! Okay, you just renamed _closedBeta to alpha

Edited by Atenefyr, 06 July 2015 - 08:43 PM.

#45 ProjectB

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:33 PM

View PostAtenefyr, on 06 July 2015 - 08:36 PM, said:

View PostProjectB, on 06 July 2015 - 07:28 PM, said:

• standard
  • beta
  • alpha
Awesome!
You might want to remove the closed beta references in the alpha and beta changelogs
Also, the paste for the Alpha package and the closed beta package are the same. Coincidence? I think not! Okay, you just renamed _closedBeta to alpha
Patched, removed references of it in changelogs(they were there because I forgot), and yeah it's renamed so that everyone can try it.

#46 ProjectB

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:59 PM

Sweet! O2.2 Beta 5 has been pushed out to the alpha and beta stream today, this mostly geared towards aesthetics but is polishing up O before release.
Here is the changelog:
  • The boot screen now has a recovery option, press either LShitft or RShift to activate, this also activates automatically why O detects missing files.
Spoiler
  • Removed the black screen at boot.
  • New Installer now is implemented into recovery mode.
Bug fixes:
  • Having no label on your computer caused the about section in settings to crash.

Edited by ProjectB, 06 July 2015 - 11:12 PM.

#47 biggest yikes

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:44 PM

If the user has no internet connection the "stream" program will crash
Posted Image

Edited by Atenefyr, 09 July 2015 - 01:43 PM.

#48 ProjectB

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:33 PM

Thanks for the bug report, it's kind of a small bug so I'll look into making sure it's not there in 2.2. I'm not at my computer right now but could you make sure it's not in the latest beta on the alpha stream. Thanks! :)

#49 クデル

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:37 AM

Why haven't I tried this yet :o

#50 biggest yikes

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:54 PM

Well, you could just take the stream program, detect if the user can't access your pastebin network, and then put a warning up and ask for a keypress to exit to the shell

On a side note, from the title, isn't it "experience", not "expirience"?

Edited by Atenefyr, 09 July 2015 - 12:57 PM.

#51 ProjectB

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:27 PM

Yeah, O2.2 includes the message if it's connection is offline, but it will look a bit better before final release. The typo has been fixed for the thread.

Edited by ProjectB, 09 July 2015 - 01:41 PM.

#52 biggest yikes

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:45 PM

well I would test if it worked but there is no stream program in alpha and beta

#53 ProjectB

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:28 PM

Sorry about the bad documentation, the stream program has been integrated into the new "settings" program. I will need to make a specific note about the when 2.2 goes live.

#54 biggest yikes

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:13 PM

"Connection failed..."

#55 ProjectB

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:54 PM

Yeah, I'm going to improve the message. Though 2.2 should be just about done with beta and then should go stable.

#56 ProjectB

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:50 AM

O2.2 Beta 9 is posted including the following changes:
  • A new file system lock, which can be disabled in the near future.
  • Various aesthtic changes around the OS.
Small update, but O2.2 final is getting really close, thanks for supporting O! :)

#57 cyanisaac

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:55 AM

O2.2 Beta 9 is available on the alpha stream and I assume will be pushed to the beta stream soon. Given that this is a really large update I figured I would give my feedback.

Filesystem Lock ---
Since not a lot of detail was given, I will try to explain. What the filesystem lock does is lock all of O's system files. Pretty simple.

My opinion so far on this is that it is pretty stable. Updating seems to work (although I cannot downgrade to Beta 8 for some reason) though I cannot test it, it should work in theory (if not, well it's an alpha). I think that it might be rather unnecessary but it is a very nice touch. However, despite being stable, it is not fully implemented yet. fs.isReadOnly() will not return true for system files which will cause issues. As well, I feel like the update system could be made to feel more seamless, like iOS. But that is just my 2c.

Aesthetic Changes ---
Personally I noticed no differences between Beta 8 and beta 9 with aesthetics. It seems all the same to me. That being said, the rendering system is still toss and needs some major optimizations. The cursor still tends to flicker and stuff, and these kinds of things are detracting from the whole experience.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the feedback.

#58 ProjectB

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:42 AM

View Postcyanisaac, on 11 July 2015 - 03:55 AM, said:

O2.2 Beta 9 is available on the alpha stream and I assume will be pushed to the beta stream soon. Given that this is a really large update I figured I would give my feedback.

Filesystem Lock ---
Since not a lot of detail was given, I will try to explain. What the filesystem lock does is lock all of O's system files. Pretty simple.

My opinion so far on this is that it is pretty stable. Updating seems to work (although I cannot downgrade to Beta 8 for some reason) though I cannot test it, it should work in theory (if not, well it's an alpha). I think that it might be rather unnecessary but it is a very nice touch. However, despite being stable, it is not fully implemented yet. fs.isReadOnly() will not return true for system files which will cause issues. As well, I feel like the update system could be made to feel more seamless, like iOS. But that is just my 2c.

Aesthetic Changes ---
Personally I noticed no differences between Beta 8 and beta 9 with aesthetics. It seems all the same to me. That being said, the rendering system is still toss and needs some major optimizations. The cursor still tends to flicker and stuff, and these kinds of things are detracting from the whole experience.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the feedback.
The update system has been fixed as of O2.2 Beta 10, hold shift during bootup and press enter, that will update you from recovery.

Could you elaborate a bit more on how to make updates more seamless?

Rendering issues still need to be fixed, though I would not say that it "detracts" from the experience.

Edited by ProjectB, 12 July 2015 - 04:42 AM.

#59 cyanisaac

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:48 PM

O2.2 Beta 10 is good.

Except, ya know, you can't delete anything. And I mean anything.

But other than that tiny little issue it's awesome :)

Edit: It appears as though Beta 10 was pulled as alpha is back on beta 8. So I guess file protection won't be implemented, fine by me :P

Edited by cyanisaac, 13 July 2015 - 05:13 AM.

#60 biggest yikes

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:24 PM

What about beta 9?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users