Jump Parkour

command

4 replies to this topic

#1 Lion4ever

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:16 PM

Creates a Parkour while you jump from Block to block.

First Lines in Program defines how many block are infront and behind of you and whether you are teleported back up when you fall.

Spoiler

Programm: pastebin get kXMH0E4g jump

Edited by Lion4ever, 01 June 2015 - 08:45 AM.

#2 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:44 PM

This is pretty cool, but some monitor support wouldn't go astray; a simple method with which non-ops could play with it.

Ever been to Hypixel? It hosts an bunch of games, such as snowball fights, tag, spleef, whatever, all managed by command blocks so's players with vanilla clients can simply jump in and play. Tends to have loads of players on at a time so everything's divided up into sub-servers.

Assuming it hasn't changed too much since I last logged into it, the hub-worlds you can visit in-between the actual games consist of large, elaborate and fancy builds, often with complex parkour courses leading to areas that I've personally not been patient enough to reach...

One of the most obvious tricks they use to make their courses more interesting involves having single fence posts instead of wool blocks, but there also structures involving ladders, jumping around the corners of pillars, and so on. I'd say it's well worth a look, if you're wanting ideas - with some added variety, a scoring system, and maybe some accessibility features, this sort of script would be something the average server owner (who normally wouldn't give two hoots about CC) would want to set up at spawn.

#3 biggest yikes

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:30 PM

For future reference, to end the parkour session simply break the block below you.
If you ever die, simply approaching the command computer will resume the session.

Edited by Atenefyr, 04 June 2015 - 10:36 PM.

#4 Pangea

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:04 PM

View PostBomb Bloke, on 01 June 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

This is pretty cool, but some monitor support wouldn't go astray; a simple method with which non-ops could play with it.

Ever been to Hypixel? It hosts an bunch of games, such as snowball fights, tag, spleef, whatever, all managed by command blocks so's players with vanilla clients can simply jump in and play. Tends to have loads of players on at a time so everything's divided up into sub-servers.

Assuming it hasn't changed too much since I last logged into it, the hub-worlds you can visit in-between the actual games consist of large, elaborate and fancy builds, often with complex parkour courses leading to areas that I've personally not been patient enough to reach...

One of the most obvious tricks they use to make their courses more interesting involves having single fence posts instead of wool blocks, but there also structures involving ladders, jumping around the corners of pillars, and so on. I'd say it's well worth a look, if you're wanting ideas - with some added variety, a scoring system, and maybe some accessibility features, this sort of script would be something the average server owner (who normally wouldn't give two hoots about CC) would want to set up at spawn.

AFAIK hypixel uses spigot/bukkit plugins, not command blocks. A lot of the things they have aren't possible with only command blocks, namely sub-servers. Vanilla clients still can connect because spigot/bukkit are only server side.

#5 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:00 AM

Certainly the sub-server stuff isn't handled by command blocks, but a lot of stuff is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users