CommunityCraft CC 1.73

140 replies to this topic

Poll: CommunityCraft CC 1.73

What should the fourth world be?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 valithor

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:24 AM

Survival world, nether, and the end inventories should all be properly linked now.

I seem to remember there was something else I meant to fix, but can not remember it now. If there was something else send me a pm on the forums or a message on skype and I will fix it.

On another note I am accepting suggestions for the 4th world that will occupy the last spot in the world hub. The current suggestions:
- Survival plotme world for building factories, companies, and towns (linked inventory to survival world)
- Sky blocks world (would find a way to make it CC based)

If you have anything else you would like to see in the last world post your suggestion here, or if you would like to post support for one of the other two suggestions you can also post that here. Which ever one I like and you guys support the most will be the one that is added.

edit:

Forgot to mention a few things in this post.

Partially set up mywarp:
newbie: 1 public warp, 1 private warp
amateur: 2 public warps, 2 private warps
novice: 3 public warps, 3 private warps
(will extend this more when I get time)

The ranking system will be the exact same as the one on LuaLand, but the permissions are going to be slightly different (Don't want everyone running around with god on all the time, ruins the point of survival).

Ranks and Times
Spoiler

When I finish permissions I will create a full rank and permission list, but for now I am only going to post the ranks and times.

Per world permissions:
I wanted to be able to give certain permissions to certain worlds, which is the reason I did this. If you have joined the server you might have noticed that anytime you switch worlds you might be a lower rank than the one you were just on. This is just a side effect of the per world permissions. If you give it time your rank will return rather quickly to the rank you had in the previous world.

A few things this allows me to do:
Give worldedit/gamemode permissions to people in plotme and creative worlds, but not in the survival world.

I also added a little gift for getting around in the survival world. Next time you join try out the "/kit glide" command. It has a fun little way of getting around.

Edited by valithor, 12 June 2015 - 07:44 AM.

#62 SpencerBeige

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:28 PM

uhhh i lost my inventory and my spawn point, i was working somewhere but my home was somewhere else, so now i have no inventory, and no way of getting what was in my chests

#63 _removed

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:02 PM

Have the same issue too. Also I mikkel809h was working on a server with skyblock all CC based, and since this has been created, he took it down. Maybe you could use the system he used for it.

#64 valithor

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:47 PM

Looks like the mod that adds graves is not working. I am going to turn it off and replace it with a plugin alternative. If you guys die you should be able to use /back to get to where you were if you can't then tell me and i will fix that permission.

#65 s0r00t

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:50 PM

There's a mod trying to get me dead.
Somehow, when using the modpack i often blink. The screen goes full blue (or black if it's night), then get back to the game. It's random.
On a normal 1.7.10, the game doesn't blinks.

I'll try to find which mod does that.
BTW, you could update some mods. IIRC, Force, OC, Nether Ores, iChun's mods have updates available for 1.7.10, you might check that.

#66 valithor

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:55 PM

View Posts0r00t, on 12 June 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

There's a mod trying to get me dead.
Somehow, when using the modpack i often blink. The screen goes full blue (or black if it's night), then get back to the game. It's random.
On a normal 1.7.10, the game doesn't blinks.

I'll try to find which mod does that.
BTW, you could update some mods. IIRC, Force, OC, Nether Ores, iChun's mods have updates available for 1.7.10, you might check that.

It should give you a crash report if it is kicking you off the server with that blue screen. If you have one please upload it, it would help a lot with figuring out what is going on.

I will work on the modpack when everything else is finished. Right now it works and that is all that really matters for now.

#67 s0r00t

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:01 PM

It doesn't crash. The game runs, but blinking occurs randomly without crashing the game.

#68 s0r00t

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:42 PM

So, after 2 hours of downloading and trying each mod, I've came to the conclusion that...
It's the Technic launcher messing with Minecraft.

Also, there's a lot of unused/outdated mods in the pack. But that's for later anyways.

#69 valithor

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:46 PM

View Posts0r00t, on 12 June 2015 - 11:42 PM, said:

So, after 2 hours of downloading and trying each mod, I've came to the conclusion that...
It's the Technic launcher messing with Minecraft.

Also, there's a lot of unused/outdated mods in the pack. But that's for later anyways.

Going to work on updating mods when I finish everything else. For now they work so I really do not see a need to change them yet. :P

#70 _removed

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:18 PM

Can I suggest adding Thermal Expansion immediately? It would make life easier for the rest of us.

#71 SpencerBeige

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:04 PM

there is an annoying bot called catfacts spamming server

#72 DarkEyeDragon

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:39 PM

Like smigger said, that would be so much easier.
Also another suggestion I have is Applied Energistics.
I love to mess around with the API of it.

View Postslow-coder, on 13 June 2015 - 10:04 PM, said:

Its not a bot. Its a broadcast plugin most likely, but yea, its rather annoying. I'd suggest putting the time between them higher or removing it and replacing it with something more relevant.

#73 valithor

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:47 AM

I will start working on the modpack sometime next week and will start taking suggestions then. My host has (hopefully) made it possible to change mods without having to reset the world. If it does not work then we will have to have a world reset when I work on the mods.

#74 DarkEyeDragon

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 14 June 2015 - 08:09 AM

View Postvalithor, on 14 June 2015 - 12:47 AM, said:

I will start working on the modpack sometime next week and will start taking suggestions then. My host has (hopefully) made it possible to change mods without having to reset the world. If it does not work then we will have to have a world reset when I work on the mods.

Mod changes should not break the world. Unless you add new mods that require ore generation it would only be generated in new loaded chunks. Altough if you had a mod like Biomes O plenty, that change the entire generation of worlds then its indeed probably best to reset the world.

#75 _removed

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:51 AM

View PostDarkEyeDragon, on 13 June 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

Like smigger said, that would be so much easier.
Also another suggestion I have is Applied Energistics.
I love to mess around with the API of it.

View Postslow-coder, on 13 June 2015 - 10:04 PM, said:

Its not a bot. Its a broadcast plugin most likely, but yea, its rather annoying. I'd suggest putting the time between them higher or removing it and replacing it with something more relevant.

Totally have to agree with you there, when you can valithor, add Thermal Expansion and AE2. You could probably add Extra Utilities to solve the world gen problem, as it contains the deep dark.

#76 クデル

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:11 AM

In this scenario, I think valithor was referring to the limitations that are incurred due to his host, rather than technical issues with forge.

#77 ebernerd

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:00 PM

I have an issue.

I connected just fine yesterday, and now, every time I try to log into the server, I get an "Invalid login" error. Any ideas as to why?

#78 _removed

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 02:34 PM

If you want the Official Skype group for CommunityCraft, here it is.

skype:?chat&blob=LnZfNoNXAp3JBnSsaZ7_WNnGMLtFOBkSOEAUaIvBIoidiEqBedaWdnNuVC1SJ73dNb9fGSh-1g

#79 valithor

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:48 PM

View Postsmigger22, on 14 June 2015 - 02:34 PM, said:

If you want the Official Skype group for CommunityCraft, here it is.

skype:?chat&blob=LnZfNoNXAp3JBnSsaZ7_WNnGMLtFOBkSOEAUaIvBIoidiEqBedaWdnNuVC1SJ73dNb9fGSh-1g

Just so you guys know it isn't official :P/>/>/>. I might create one later that will be used only for server discussion.

View PostDarkEyeDragon, on 14 June 2015 - 08:09 AM, said:

View Postvalithor, on 14 June 2015 - 12:47 AM, said:

Mod changes should not break the world. Unless you add new mods that require ore generation it would only be generated in new loaded chunks. Altough if you had a mod like Biomes O plenty, that change the entire generation of worlds then its indeed probably best to reset the world.

Unfortunately it's a technical limitation with cauldron. If for some reason ids change or if I were to remove a mod the server would freeze on startup saying that blocks had been removed. Cauldron made it to where you can't do the command to resume the startup process when this happens.

I have asked my host to add a configuration file allowing me to change a couple of specific java arguments to get around this limitation.

View PostEric Bernard, on 14 June 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

I have an issue.

I connected just fine yesterday, and now, every time I try to log into the server, I get an "Invalid login" error. Any ideas as to why?

A couple of things might be happening. The minecraft login servers might have been down, or you are not using a premium account.

A requirement of bungee cord is having to turn the server into offline mode, and after I disconnected from the bungee network I had forgotten to turn the server back to online mode until yesterday.

Typed all of this on my phone. Autocorrect may have messed up some of it.

Edited by valithor, 14 June 2015 - 05:54 PM.

#80 s0r00t

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:11 PM

View PostEric Bernard, on 14 June 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

I have an issue.

I guess you're Random Access MC ;)
Tried restarting the Technic launcher? Relog in if needed.

Don't remove cat facts! >~<

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users