[poll] who has a pebble smartwatch?

11 replies to this topic

Poll: [poll] who has a pebble smartwatch?

Who has a Pebble smartwatch?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 doublequestionmark

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationI honestly don't know

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:20 AM

if you do not know what a pebble smartwatch is

Edited by doublequestionmark, 06 July 2015 - 05:29 AM.

#2 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:37 AM

A friend of mine has one. It strikes me as a novelty gimmick, even moreso than most other gadgets these days.

Personally I gave up on watches in general. The batteries go flat too quickly, assuming I don't destroy the straps first. I could buy a more expensive model - one built to last; I wouldn't get a "smart" watch - but these days smart phones are dirt cheap and do the job just as well. Better, actually - thank you internet time sync!

Heh, it's been a long time since I've had to set a clock manually, outside of microwaves.

#3 クデル

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:42 AM

I have noticed that my IT Teacher actually always uses his Pebble Steel everyday. He claims it's pretty awesome, and I see him checking it often for things such as email and messenger notifications.

#4 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:56 AM

My dads got one, not really a fan of it really. Having a plain black and white screen and when it doesn't even look that good just doesn't do it for me. I still wear a normal analog wrist watch, in fact I bought my current one a few days after the Apple Watch announcement in disappointment.

However, a few people at school have Apple Watches and after reading this yesterday I am starting to come around to it. I'd certainly wait a generation or two though. I did play around with an Apple Watch at the Apple Store a few weeks ago and after 15 minutes I quite simply couldn't figure out how to use it and stormed out in disgust. Something tells me that having a not so intuitive interface might hurt them.

In terms of body design, I think the Moto 360 (minus the stupid bit at the bottom) and the Hauwei look the best being round and all.

#5 クデル

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:12 AM

View Postoeed, on 06 July 2015 - 07:56 AM, said:

My dads got one, not really a fan of it really. Having a plain black and white screen and when it doesn't even look that good just doesn't do it for me. I still wear a normal analog wrist watch, in fact I bought my current one a few days after the Apple Watch announcement in disappointment.

However, a few people at school have Apple Watches and after reading this yesterday I am starting to come around to it. I'd certainly wait a generation or two though. I did play around with an Apple Watch at the Apple Store a few weeks ago and after 15 minutes I quite simply couldn't figure out how to use it and stormed out in disgust. Something tells me that having a not so intuitive interface might hurt them.

In terms of body design, I think the Moto 360 (minus the stupid bit at the bottom) and the Hauwei look the best being round and all.

Agreed, the Moto 360 is by far one of the most casual, functional and most attractive smart watches on the market today.

#6 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:31 AM

Not a fan, I got an iWatch to make it work with my phone :P That's alright, wouldn't recommend it though, waste of money to be honest...

#7 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:20 AM

View Postoeed, on 06 July 2015 - 07:56 AM, said:

I agree the Moto looks amazing, the iWatch is a total nightmare to use :P, although looking a the pebble smartwatch it looks awful.

#8 MKlegoman357

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • LocationKaunas, Lithuania

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:10 AM

View PostDannySMc, on 06 July 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

I agree the Moto looks amazing, the iWatch is a total nightmare to use :P, although looking a the pebble smartwatch it looks awful.

I'm no fan of Apple but here. No offense, I just find that video funny :D

To OP: I'm not a fan of smart watches just because I, most of my time, have my phone with me and there really is no benefit for me to have another device that can actually do less. What I don't like about smart watches is the battery life. Most of the smart watches must be recharged in a few days, which you may forget to do because you never really recharge a wrist watch. I have a wrist watch myself, and it's all I need.

#9 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:12 AM

View PostMKlegoman357, on 06 July 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

View PostDannySMc, on 06 July 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

I agree the Moto looks amazing, the iWatch is a total nightmare to use :P/>, although looking a the pebble smartwatch it looks awful.

I'm no fan of Apple but here. No offense, I just find that video funny :D/>

To OP: I'm not a fan of smart watches just because I, most of my time, have my phone with me and there really is no benefit for me to have another device that can actually do less. What I don't like about smart watches is the battery life. Most of the smart watches must be recharged in a few days, which you may forget to do because you never really recharge a wrist watch. I have a wrist watch myself, and it's all I need.

Why would I take offense? xD I just said it is crap xD but that made me laugh :PPP

#10 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:47 PM

View PostMKlegoman357, on 06 July 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

I'm no fan of Apple but here. No offense, I just find that video funny :D

From the comments: It's the Macinwatch.

I'm sticking to that, now.

#11 Zambonie

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationSpring Hill, Fl

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:58 PM

Don't have one, but one of my friend's brothers do.
On the other side though I have a Moto 360, if that counts.

#12 SGunner2014

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationMaidstone, UK

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:50 PM

Hope I'm not reviving an old thread.

I have an android wear watch, the Sony Smartwatch 3. I really don't like the pebble because of it's screen. The battery life on my watch is pretty good, so I don't care about it for that reason.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users