Play by Post RPG - Open play, control an NPC for a post

game

949 replies to this topic

#21 Pyrif

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Locationin a chair in my room, probably

Posted 16 July 2015 - 03:56 AM

"I don't know anybody here," said Pulse, "so it couldn't be that. You don't seem to know them, either, so there's no way of telling who they are or what their intentions are, but I get a bad feeling they're out for us. Maybe we should move a bit faster."

#22 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 16 July 2015 - 04:29 AM

Nico grinned widely, excitement obvious in his large brown eyes. "Think you can keep up, cub?"

#23 Pyrif

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 04:39 AM

"Oh, I know I can," Pulse replied with an almost equally wide grin.

#24 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:07 AM

Enhanced muscles propel the large bear to speeds improbable for a being of his size. Within moments, he is hurtling through the streets on all fours at top speed, trying his very best to outpace his companion. Buildings whiz by and the sound of rushing wind is the only thing he can hear. He could almost remember doing something similar when he was only a cub, chasing after his prey. Lost in his memories, he suddenly notices that Pulse is nowhere to be seen. Lumbering to a stop, Nico looks around, panting heavily. The cool night air forms a light mist every time he exhales, and is slowly trailing wisps of steam off of his fur.
"Pulse? Where have you gone, cub? I should be more careful next time we run, so I don't make you feel bad for being so slow. Pulse?"

#25 Pyrif

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:13 AM

Suddenly, Nico feels a tap on the back of his shoulder. "Told you I could keep up," Pulse said with a slightly evil smile.

#26 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:09 AM

Stunned, Nico isn't quite sure what to say at first. Then, a huge grin splits his furry face, and he laughs loudly.
"Hahaha, it has been a long time since someone has beaten me in a race. Well done, little mage. I do not see our follower, do you think we lost them?"

Edited by Cranium, 16 July 2015 - 06:13 AM.

#27 Pyrif

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:21 AM

"I wouldn't think they're nearby, we ran quite a long distance. And on note of our race, I haven't seen many people in my travels who could move as fast as you. However, I must admit, I did cheat a bit." Nico looks down to notice Pulse floating slightly above the ground.

#28 H4X0RZ

• Members
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:47 AM

[OOC] where are we/you right now? Still in the town, in a forest? [/OOC]

#29 Pyrif

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:54 AM

[OOC]I'd say Nico and Pulse reached the outskirts of the town.[/OOC]

#30 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:01 AM

[OOC]I've actually written up a character, and do intend to play him, but I've come down with a cold and it's limiting my interest in thinking at the moment. Creativity's right out. Sorry.[/OOC]

#31 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:37 PM

OOC

#32 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 04:34 PM

OOC

#33 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:48 PM

[OOC] A map was on my to do list but as anyone can add to the world, it may become impractical to make one (suddenly an entire city appears on it for example).
What we know about Elarshi is that it's a small village with a forest nearby and something here attracts mercenaries. The rest of the details are left to be filled by players and myself alike.

I'll think about the map a bit more, I have several pieces of software which will help in my bookmarks (somewhere in the 1000's of bookmarks).[/OOC]

#34 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:53 PM

Nico and Pulse find themselves at a stone well. Some distance up a regularly trodden dirt track, the village lights mimic the stars in the sky. It will be several hours before the sun dominates the heavens again.

The night breeze carries a foul smell, something has been dead for a while upwind.

Edited by Lupus590, 16 July 2015 - 06:53 PM.

#35 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:38 PM

Sniffing the air, Nico snarls. "Something evil is on the wind. I am thinking we are near our destination. Are you sure of this, Pulse?"
OOC

#36 H4X0RZ

• Members
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:48 PM

A small stone, wrapped in paper flies into Nico's direction. A message is written on it:
Hi...

#37 KnightMiner

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Locationattempt to index "location" (a nil value)

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:24 PM

A muscular knight carrying an axe approaches Pulse and Nico. He is dressed in chain mail and a white tunic, and seems unbothered by the darkness and the large bear.

"Greetings fellow traveler! Can you and your pet direct me to the nearest shelter or to an adventure?"

Edited by KnightMiner, 16 July 2015 - 10:51 PM.

#38 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:45 AM

[OOC]I missed the post by H4X0RZ, so I'll reply to it first, then KnightMiner's, for continuity's sake.[/OOC]
Nico looks at the message, wondering who could have thrown it, since he sees nobody nearby.
[OOC]This is where KnightMiner joins in, since it seems much more logical this way.[/OOC]
Indignant, the large bear scoffs, "This is no pet, he is called Pulse, and is my companion! If you wish to shelter for the night, you should visit the town of Elarshi, not far down the road, or if you truly wish to have an adventure, it seems this little cub with me is aching for one. He is foolish, but very eager." The bear drops to a conspiratorial whisper with the knight, "I give you advice, you should not challenge him to a race. He cheats"

Edited by Cranium, 17 July 2015 - 12:45 AM.

#39 KnightMiner

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Locationattempt to index "location" (a nil value)

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:23 AM

[OOC]Sorry, missed that message above mine...[/OOC]

The knight chuckles to himself, then whispers back "Racing is not a skill of mine anyways, so he would not need to cheat to beat me." Then louder he says "My name is Matthias if you will have me on your adventure. Can you spare me the details of thus quest?"

[OOC]no need for too many details, just my character needs filling in, not me[/OOC]

#40 cptdeath58

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationError 404: Could not find.

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:43 AM

[OOC]
I can't seem to view the example but I was gonna make a player and start from this point.
Can you send me a PM with an example of the character creation?
[OOC]

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users