[UnNeeded]Saving Information Between Sessions

2 replies to this topic

#1 Zenon

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:16 PM

Hi all! Just wondering if anyone knew how to save variables between sessions, as I want to make my program remember what color, or username, etc. the user chose. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I google this more and finally found a solution using files, sorry for posting a thread that didnt need to be posted D:

Edited by theMCcm, 19 July 2015 - 06:55 PM.

#2 Dragon53535

• Members
  • 973 posts
  • LocationIn the Matrix

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:54 PM

You have to save things into a file to be able to use them between sessions. That's how a normal computer does it as well. So if I were to make a game that saved your progress, that progress would be in a file somewhere. The only question though, is what way you decide to take it. I would use the FS API, probably using this Tutorial.

#3 Zenon

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:56 PM

View PostDragon53535, on 19 July 2015 - 06:54 PM, said:

You have to save things into a file to be able to use them between sessions. That's how a normal computer does it as well. So if I were to make a game that saved your progress, that progress would be in a file somewhere. The only question though, is what way you decide to take it. I would use the FS API, probably using this Tutorial.

Thanks for your reply, Ive used fs before, just didnt think of it at the time lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users