Installing CCEdu on a standard server

4 replies to this topic

#1 ExDomino

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:03 PM

Hello! ^^

I have a normal server (no educative) and I already have ComputerCraft installed and I'm wondering if I could install ComputerCraftEdu in order to allow some players that have not programmer skills to use turtles and computers. Do I have the right to install this mod? And if so, it is compatible with the standard version of ComputerCraft? Does it requires it? Does it includes it in the sense of I could uninstall the standard version of ComputerCraft without lost all existing computer in my game? And if CC is included by CCEdu, which version is included? 1.73 or 1.74? And does it requires MinecraftEdu, the special version of minecraft? Because I'm using a normal version of Minecraft 1.7.10 with Forge and on my server I'm using Cauldron.

And also, what exactly is added by this mod? Only a new kind of turtles? Are they limited by fuel like normal ones or they have unlimited fuel so they can unfinite move? Are they compatible with other upgrades that normal CC provides?

Thank you in advance! ^^

Edited by ExDomino, 28 July 2015 - 07:14 PM.

#2 biggest yikes

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:37 PM

CCEdu is built off of regular ComputerCraft and requires it to be installed. You can run it on any forge installation without compatibility issues with any pre-existing computers. Download it here: http://www.computerc...raftEdu1.74.jar
It adds a special type of turtle called a beginner turtle that can be customized, included with it's own visual editor for programming with drag-and-drop images.
I believe CCEdu turtles are automatically advanced and don't require any fuel.

Edited by Atenefyr, 28 July 2015 - 08:40 PM.

#3 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:16 PM

Licence wise, you are allowed to use CCEdu in your modpack.

CCEdu turtles can't use any peripherals other than a pickaxe and sword.

MinecraftEdu is not required.

CCEdu also adds a turtle remote which is required to use a CCEdu turtle, the remote has no other use other than interactions with CCEdu turtles.

CC 1.74 is required for CCEdu, I don't know if earlier versions will work.

#4 vargaszm

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:45 AM

How did you conclude that they can only use swords and pickaxes? You can craft an unequipped turtle with any tool type accessory, including ones from mods like more turtles and moar peripherals. You can also equip manually via turtle.equipLeft and equipRight. Furthermore, the peripheral API is included in edu's environment so tab completion is supported with it. Even further, computercraftedu supports(mostly) the resource pack feature of standard CC, so you can load in custom apis from your resourcepack or override/expand on the standard turtle API and add your own functions.

#5 LeotomasMC

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationI am a hidden viuris on your computer

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:46 PM

CCEdu can run in normal minecraft. but there are special things that need MCEdu (for teachers) and you can put on any diamond tool from VINNALA minecraft (so no customNPCs Diamond Broadsword) you shouldnt lose old CC data as that is saved in the world folder (under /saves/worldname/computer wait no in a server folder its /worldname/computer) they don't need fuel, and it adds a Begginer Turtle that you need a turtle remote for (u don't need one for normal turtles) and you need to take out your CC.jar and put in the CCandCCEdu.jar into the mods folder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users