Multiselection file browser - Lattice

67 replies to this topic

#1 Konlab

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • LocationKerbin

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:53 AM

Looking for a file browser with many functions?
Try Lattice!
Pre 1.0 released! But instead of releasing 1.0 I am working on a completly new Lattice - Lattice 1.1, which will sandbox itself better, it will have multitasking - windowed and tabbed at the same time, it will support file extensions and it will have custom file-metadata! I'm working on Lattice, but if you want to make it priority #1 on my CC todo list please vote in the poll.
Screenshots:
Detail view:
Posted Image
Multiselection options:
Posted Image
The "+" menu:
Posted Image
Prompt when trying to drag&release a file into a dir:
Posted Image
Old screenies (similar to current version, old theme), theres more of them!
Spoiler

Download:
Pre 1.0a - pastebin get 5A2xujvw Lattice
or pastebin

Changelog:
Spoiler
If you find bugs or have suggestions please reply!

​Features:
GUI, with click support
double-click support
right click menus
PDA support
All basic features (delete, move, copy, rename, new file/dir, run, edit, paint, open with... and more!)
Download files from pastebin or other whitelisted websites
Find file with wildcards
Multi selection
Browsing history with back button
Hotkey support
Tap the bar showing the path to change path directly
3 different views: list, detail, icon
Optional arguments when running in shell to set initial directory and sandboxing
Multi copy, move, delete, and rename (replace in name with optional pattern support)
Themes
File sorting
Mouse drag support
Drag files to the top bar to move them into parent directory
and MUCH more...

Credits:
Spoiler

Including it in your OSes:
Just include it, feel free to modify it (if you can, the code is long, that's why will be some concepts changed in next update)

NOTE:
The program doesnt crashes when u try to run it, it was only the original (BETA 1.0a) version, its fixed, so the crash Twijn and everybody else in page 1 is talking about is gone.

Edited by Konlab, 18 October 2015 - 02:52 PM.

#2 Twijn

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:03 PM

Not to be rude or anything but why would you post a program that clearly does not work?

#3 flaghacker

• Members
  • 655 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:59 PM

View PostTwijn, on 13 August 2015 - 06:03 PM, said:

Not to be rude or anything but why would you post a program that clearly does not work?

That's the point... Tell him your cc version, what happened, when it happened... He's trying to find bugs here!

#4 H4X0RZ

• Members
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:08 PM

View Postflaghacker, on 13 August 2015 - 08:59 PM, said:

View PostTwijn, on 13 August 2015 - 06:03 PM, said:

That's the point... Tell him your cc version, what happened, when it happened... He's trying to find bugs here!

But then, shouldn't it be in General or AaP? I think the programs section is only for finished programs.

#5 flaghacker

• Members
  • 655 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:12 PM

View PostH4X0RZ, on 13 August 2015 - 09:08 PM, said:

But then, shouldn't it be in General or AaP? I think the programs section is only for finished programs.

In my opinion, no. General is for program previews without code, and Ask a pro is for asking questions. This post is a release of an unstable program, so it belongs in programs...

#6 Twijn

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 01:46 AM

View Postflaghacker, on 13 August 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

In my opinion, no. General is for program previews without code, and Ask a pro is for asking questions. This post is a release of an unstable program, so it belongs in programs...

I don't need to say anything. It will error no matter what. Did he not run it before he posted it?

I had to fix 3 errors to get it to work which shouldn't exist on a program in here. And the errors weren't even bugs or anything, it was just bad coding. I almost think that this was the person's first program and he never ran it, he just posted it on here.

Edited by Twijn, 14 August 2015 - 01:59 AM.

#7 Konlab

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • LocationKerbin

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:56 AM

I can run it without errors

#8 LeDark Lua

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • LocationLeLua

Posted 15 August 2015 - 10:21 AM

View PostTwijn, on 14 August 2015 - 01:46 AM, said:

I don't need to say anything. It will error no matter what. Did he not run it before he posted it?

I had to fix 3 errors to get it to work which shouldn't exist on a program in here. And the errors weren't even bugs or anything, it was just bad coding. I almost think that this was the person's first program and he never ran it, he just posted it on here.
Ehm dude, he needs to find bugs, could you please post the bugs here and not fix them by yourself?

Error:
BIOS:14: [string "FileBrowser"]:34: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 29)
Just delete the one of the 'end's and then there will be no bugs. atleast for now.

Edited by LeDark Lua, 15 August 2015 - 10:23 AM.

#9 Twijn

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:40 PM

View PostLeDark Lua, on 15 August 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

View PostTwijn, on 14 August 2015 - 01:46 AM, said:

Ehm dude, he needs to find bugs, could you please post the bugs here and not fix them by yourself?

Error:
BIOS:14: [string "FileBrowser"]:34: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 29)
Just delete the one of the 'end's and then there will be no bugs. atleast for now.

I'm not telling him the bugs because they will happen no matter what, all he needs to do is run his program and he will easily be able to see them. If you fix the one you posted then there will be about 1 or 2 more after that

#10 LeDark Lua

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • LocationLeLua

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:56 PM

Twijn do you use an emulator? If so do you use Love2D emulators? Then there will be bugs with this app.

#11 H4X0RZ

• Members
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 August 2015 - 06:07 PM

View PostLeDark Lua, on 15 August 2015 - 04:56 PM, said:

Twijn do you use an emulator? If so do you use Love2D emulators? Then there will be bugs with this app.

Why? How could this program break an emulator in Löve? (e.g. CCLite)

#12 Twijn

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 06:45 PM

No, I use the ComputerCraft mod in Minecraft.

There are bugs with this app in everything that uses Lua.

#13 LeDark Lua

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • LocationLeLua

Posted 15 August 2015 - 06:52 PM

View PostH4X0RZ, on 15 August 2015 - 06:07 PM, said:

Try to run OneOS on CCLite. I get errors every time.

Try to run OneOS on CCEMURedux works fine.

Try to run OneOS on Minecraft CC mod works fine.

#14 Twijn

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:42 PM

View PostLeDark Lua, on 15 August 2015 - 06:52 PM, said:

View PostH4X0RZ, on 15 August 2015 - 06:07 PM, said:

Try to run OneOS on CCLite. I get errors every time.

Try to run OneOS on CCEMURedux works fine.

Try to run OneOS on Minecraft CC mod works fine.

This is different then those, they are just things that will not work with anything that uses Lua. If you have ran the program then looked at the lines that made errors then you would know that it won't work.

#15 LeDark Lua

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • LocationLeLua

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:57 PM

I refered to oeede's "OneOS" operating system or OneOperatingSystem.

#16 CherryPie

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Location3 Dimensions -> Void -> Universe -> Milky Way -> Cygnus Arm -> Sol -> Earth -> Nevada -> Area 51

Posted 16 August 2015 - 06:54 PM

Hmmm. I'm not good at names but what about something like the windows Pathfinder maybe Stringfinder or Filefinder...

I'll let you know if i come up with a better one :) Good luck with your program!

View PostTwijn, on 15 August 2015 - 06:45 PM, said:

No, I use the ComputerCraft mod in Minecraft.

There are bugs with this app in everything that uses Lua.

It works for him... Tell him where in the code the problem is so others won't have it because he can't find it.

#17 Twijn

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 11:16 PM

Anyone that knows Lua, look at this link (which is his code): http://pastebin.com/JrFU5u4J

Lines 29-35. It is what's crashing.

#18 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:54 AM

I fixed the bug (which was very easy), and fixed the whitespacing so you can look at it better (which was HARD), so just paste this into the pastebin:
Spoiler
Or just duplicate this
pastebin
http://pastebin.com/4JztmQ8N, because the [ code ] doesn't pick up tab, I don't think.

Other than the tiny bug, you got yourself a cool program! Looks really nice!

Edited by LDDestroier, 17 August 2015 - 02:55 AM.

#19 Konlab

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • LocationKerbin

Posted 23 August 2015 - 12:19 PM

View PostLDDestroier, on 17 August 2015 - 02:54 AM, said:

I fixed the bug (which was very easy), and fixed the whitespacing so you can look at it better (which was HARD), so just paste this into the pastebin:
Spoiler
Or just duplicate this
pastebin
http://pastebin.com/4JztmQ8N, because the [ code ] doesn't pick up tab, I don't think.

Other than the tiny bug, you got yourself a cool program! Looks really nice!
Thanks!
I'll work on the file/pathfinder
And thanks for fixing. Idk why but i didnt get errors

Name suggestions?
Maybe LapisFile?

Edited by Konlab, 23 August 2015 - 12:20 PM.

#20 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:41 PM

How about 'Lattice'?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users