CC 1.5.8 rednet.repeat()

networking wireless

5 replies to this topic

#1 Hydrotronics

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationThe hall of 1000 monkeys and only 1 typewriter

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:15 PM

So, I'm on a 1.6.4 Tekkit server and I'm trying to build an internet type thing and I have run into the problem of some people being too far away to send/receive signals. I only have 2 computers hooked up to it, excluding my own, and I can't get the second one to connect!! The distance is approx 1200m between the host and the client. Is there a way to replicate rednet.repeat on this version (Computer Craft Version 1.5.8)

~Hydro

#2 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:25 PM

Does CC1.58 have a 'repeat' command?

#3 Hydrotronics

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:58 PM

not a command, as far as i know, but there is a structure you can build for a loop. idk if that's what you mean?

#4 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:16 PM

Here's the program, I'm not sure if it'd work without modification (Can you wrap wireless modems in that version??), but it's a start.

#5 Hydrotronics

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:20 PM

you can wrap wireless modems, i'll have a shot

Edit: Could you make a pastebin file please? that would be very nice.

made pastebin! Is there anything I would need to change for it work to my settings, or would everything be automatic?

Edited by Hydrotronics, 21 August 2015 - 08:40 PM.

#6 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:03 PM

The "official" repeat script relies on modifications that were made to the rednet API by CC 1.6.

Assuming you don't have access to the server files (in which case I'd imagine you'd just update ComputerCraft to 1.63), you'd need to perform a TLCO, manually load the updated API, and then restart rednet.run() in parallel with the shell. On every computer you wanted to use rednet with.

Something like this, a repeater written for an older mod build, might be a better bet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users