[1.7.10][SMP] Montior not displaying text in multiplayer

computer peripheral

2 replies to this topic

#1 DARKHAWX

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:46 AM

Hi there.

I created program on a singleplayer that would read and then display (on a monitor) information regarding the amount of storage in my storage system.
This works perfectly, which is great.

So now I went and decided to add it to my multiplayer world, however upon doing so the monitor doesn't display the text... properly.

I have some gif's of What its supposed to look like vs. what it actually looks like.

If you notice in the second gif that the cursor still moves like the other one, but it will not display the text. I thinking its maybe setting the text color to black, but nowhere in my code does it do that.
Also you'll notice that it prints one section, but nothing else... Which is really weird.

I'll also say that its not that its just not executing said lines of code, because if I had opened the computer you would see the same text that is supposed to appear on the monitor (I have it set up so that if it prints anything on the monitor, it also prints it in the computer) also appears in the computer.

Here is the code that I am currently using: http://pastebin.com/D4DTnTPY

Can anyone see what would be causing this issue?

Edited by DARKHAWX, 19 September 2015 - 02:02 AM.

#2 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:20 AM

If you're using CC 1.74, there's a bug in that version that prevents text from appearing on monitors sometimes. Usually, a change in text scale will fix it.

#3 DARKHAWX

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:59 AM

View PostLyqyd, on 19 September 2015 - 02:20 AM, said:

If you're using CC 1.74, there's a bug in that version that prevents text from appearing on monitors sometimes. Usually, a change in text scale will fix it.
I'll have to check what version is on the server then...

EDIT: Changing the text scale worked! Thanks!

Edited by DARKHAWX, 19 September 2015 - 04:01 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users