5 replies to this topic

#1 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 26 September 2015 - 12:23 PM

pastebin get taRD4Psq slide

A slide puzzle! Requires a bunch of hologram projectors from RandomPeripherals 1.4c+, which in turn requires ComputerCraft 1.74 (for MineCraft 1.7.10).

Also requires my GIF API and Package, though these should be downloaded automatically if they're missing.

Video

A few sample images can be downloaded with the below command (once Package is installed):

package get B58BUTYH

#2 Antelux

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the middle of nowhere.

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:45 PM

Well, thought I'd post something since I thought this was actually particularly cool. Wonder why no one else has said anything.

I think this is a pretty cool program overall. I liked how the pictures were well converted into MC blocks for colors.
The fact that you also got it as a slide puzzle that actually slides across is pretty awesome too.

Overall, I had given it a +1. You obviously gave it plenty of effort. Good job.

#3 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:36 AM

Thank you, I did indeed put a bit of work into it. :)

There's really a lot of cool stuff that could be done with the projectors (maps for eg), and I was hoping this might give people some ideas.

#4 Antelux

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:39 AM

This actually did give me an idea. Perhaps, sometime in the future, I'll use it to display MiniatureCraft maps.

#5 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:47 AM

That's... actually quite viable, come to think of it. Hook up a MoarPeripherals keyboard and you could play the game in a 3D world with textured blocks. You'd only need a small array of projectors.

I'm scratching my head over what you'd use to represent the player though. A wool block or something, I dunno.

#6 Antelux

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 01:02 AM

Yeah, I considered using a wool block as well. Or perhaps a hardened clay block. But the colors of those are bit off, at least in vanilla.
But yeah. It's something I'll probably be looking into in the future.

Edited by Detective_Smith, 29 October 2015 - 01:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users