Possiblity to add new items to ComputerCraft?

game pocket computer

3 replies to this topic

#1 sonic_overlord25

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:11 AM

Hello there,

To start off, I have an idea I'd like to present. I was wondering if it would be reasonable to add two new items to the game. These two items would be a file folder and a file cabinet.

I found out while I was working on a document that was multiple pages long, I began to quickly run out of space in chests. I currently do not wish to bind these pages together, and even more so, I think having the ability to put all these single printed pages in a convenient folder so that individual pages could be taken out when needed would be rather useful. This way, say 27 pages, could be stored in one item (the folder).

The file cabinet could be used to store these folders, perhaps in alphabetical order, or however the player would want it. It would more or less be a chest that would act as a storage specifically for pages, books, bound pages, and file folders.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you found this idea interesting at the very least.

#2 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:19 AM

I fixed the permissions issue and trimmed the note out of your post, thanks.

#3 Waitdev_

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:53 AM

i think it would work as a gui, but with 9 or 18 slots. 27 is a bit too much.

as for the filing cabinet, it should hold 9 slots as a folder would be a bit much.

#4 sonic_overlord25

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:53 PM

View PostLyqyd, on 20 October 2015 - 04:19 AM, said:

I fixed the permissions issue and trimmed the note out of your post, thanks.

Thank you very much!

9 slots for both items would seem fairly reasonable. It'd make storing multiple pages much more easier.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users