M1cr0man's Programs (Reactor Controller w/ thermal monitor support, Login & PM client & server with syncing)

utility networking

38 replies to this topic

#21 Speedster159

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

Is it possible to have multiple servers that have different databases at the general area, and have clients connect to a specific server?

E.g Server 1 will serve the guest area, and Server 2 will serve the factory area..

#22 M1cr0man

Lua Function Master

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

View PostGeorge, on 27 August 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

I'm having issues installing this as I'm slightly new to CC. Could a step by step tutorial be put up?
There is step-by-step instructions included in the Readmes for both programs B)/> Hope that's enough

View PostSpeedster159, on 28 August 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

Is it possible to have multiple servers that have different databases at the general area, and have clients connect to a specific server?

E.g Server 1 will serve the guest area, and Server 2 will serve the factory area..
Yes. In order to synchronise both servers must authorise each other in their menus. If a server is not authorised on both ends or any ends it will not sync. This way you can achieve what you are trying to do :)/> It also makes the synchronisation very secure (no intercepting the database during sync).

Sorry about the late reply. I've been quite busy in IRL. Hopefully thermal support for the reactor controller will pay it off :)/>

Reactor Controller 2.4 Changelog:
-Added support for thermal monitors via redstone (or bundled) signal
-No more sleeps in the program, and bundled cables should be more reliable now.

#23 M1cr0man

Lua Function Master

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

Major, and vital fixes and additions in 2.5. I suggest you update (especially if you used 2.4, there was a problem with bundled wires)
2.5:
-Fixed toggleing door on a bundled wire turning on/off a reactor incidentally
-"Reset Ice Detector" replaced with "Reset Detectors", which will reset ice, esu, etc. states
-Unused options are no longer shown
-Door control is now optional
-Other menu labels changed
-Removed auto-login using a floppy on both controller and RAT. Will be back in 2.6

#24 LGC_McLovin

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

probably a dumb question. but how do you get the files from the .zip onto a floppy in game...

#25 LGC_McLovin

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

nevermind

#26 LGC_McLovin

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

would it be possible to get some quick instruction on synching servers, the process to do so, and obtaining server ID

#27 M1cr0man

Lua Function Master

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

View PostLGC_McLovin, on 07 November 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

would it be possible to get some quick instruction on synching servers, the process to do so, and obtaining server ID
Sure. First of all place down a computer/turtle with a modem and type this in the lua console:
rednet.open("top");rednet.broadcast("srvidreq");os.startTImer(1);repeat local evt, p1 = os.pullEvent(); print("Server ID found: "..select(2, os.pullEvent())) until evt == "timer"
That will get the ID of all the servers in range of the computer/turtle.
Backup the User Database on ALL your servers (incase anything should happen)
Ensure all the servers you are going to add are in range with at least 1 other.
Then all you have to do is login to the servers and go into "+ sync server", and enter the other's ID (It is safe to add all of them, if you dont know the current server's ID)
They should instantly synchronise. However my system is kind of fraud and designed to be setup on at least 1 server's first run. I am in the process of making it more reliable but in the mean time just watch incase users disappear.

I will add all that to the manual in the next release, however I have nearly stopped programming for ComputerCraft recently due to the amount of stuff I am doing IRL, so it may be a while before it is finished.

#28 aura

• New Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

If you read the topics title you would be able to infer that the RAT has a login system built into it. You should quit disguising your noobie hack/exploit attempts with trying to convince others youre trying to help others out by finding such hacks/exploits.

#29 aura

• New Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

I was simply trying to alert you that there was an answer to your previous question. I was also trying to get you to quit lying to everyone you speak to. Its annoying and can lead to people liking you for who you really arent.

#30 aura

• New Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

You admit to lying to others? Being annoying? And believing that others like you for what you are not?
You try to criticize me when you know you should be critizing yourself for what youve done.
Get over it and grow up.

#31 M1cr0man

Lua Function Master

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

View PostMechaTallon, on 09 November 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

When I first saw RAT I thought "DANGER! VIRUS ALERT!" XD
Well, is the R.A.T. password protected? Later I'll review it for exploitation' and I'll tell you ALL ABOUT 'EM >:3
Wish I checked the forums sooner. When I was programming M1cr0S/Reactor Controller I tried to think of every way that one could gain unauthorised acces by doing something other than startup floppy the server and make a fake user somehow (although feel free to try).
In other words, I have left next to no exploits in M1cr0S and the Reactor Controller. Its is near impossible to check a user's e-mail without knowing their password, and equally as hard to gain access to areas which you are not a high enough rank to access. Please, prove me wrong and tell me how. I've always wanted someone to do so :unsure:/>

#32 Cruor

• Members
  • 413 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

View Postaura, on 09 November 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

You admit to lying to others? Being annoying? And believing that others like you for what you are not?
You try to criticize me when you know you should be critizing yourself for what youve done.
Get over it and grow up.

View PostMechaTallon, on 09 November 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

Now you're accusing me of lying? xD
You're saying that I'm annoying? :unsure:/>
You say that people like me for who I am not? :3

You just SUDDENLY appear on the forums and you're able to say that? ^_^/> You must be on irc or something gossiping with others.

Please take this stuff to a private place, more wars and i will kill posts :(/>

#33 minecraftlog21

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

MEMAIL WONT LET ME SELECT ANY THING

#34 anwoke8204

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

hi im fairly new to tekkit, im trying to install this on my tekkit server, but when I run the M1croOS server installer my server crashes, and I have to restart the server to be able to get back in. it gives the following error (this is after it says disk will eject mommentarialy)

[INFO] ComputerCraft: Warning! Failed to abort a Computer. Dangling lua thread could cause errors.

any idea how i can resolve this so I can get this installed? im running the server on server 2008 with 2 gigs of ram dedicated to tekkit and McMyAdmin for the server admin interface

#35 anwoke8204

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:13 AM

ok, now it kicks the disk out, doesn't ask me to input anything like faces or sides or anythign, and just says:

rednet:313: string expected

#36 anwoke8204

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

ok, now back to the origional issue, if I replace both the computer and the disk drive it gives me the first error, if I replace just the disk drive I get the second error?

#37 Skullblade

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationThe Big Apple, NY

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

Triple post and necromancy of a discontinued project...

#38 M1cr0man

Lua Function Master

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

View Postanwoke8204, on 01 February 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

ok, now back to the origional issue, if I replace both the computer and the disk drive it gives me the first error, if I replace just the disk drive I get the second error?
When you got the rednet error, did you have a Wireless peripheral attached to the computer? Make sure you did, it should work then :)

View PostSkullblade, on 01 February 2013 - 01:37 AM, said:

NOPE. Soon I will be getting back to work on this hopefully. School and other stuff IRL completely consuming all my time. Just to keep yous all interested:
-Colour support coming to ME-Mail.
-Better, expandable version of M1cr0S Server
-Sensor support for Reactor Controller, and maybe some colour coding.
-A tool builder...:D

#39 Skullblade

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationThe Big Apple, NY

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

View PostM1cr0man, on 18 February 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

View Postanwoke8204, on 01 February 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

When you got the rednet error, did you have a Wireless peripheral attached to the computer? Make sure you did, it should work then :)

View PostSkullblade, on 01 February 2013 - 01:37 AM, said:

NOPE. Soon I will be getting back to work on this hopefully. School and other stuff IRL completely consuming all my time. Just to keep yous all interested:
-Colour support coming to ME-Mail.
-Better, expandable version of M1cr0S Server
-Sensor support for Reactor Controller, and maybe some colour coding.
-A tool builder... :D
no bump...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users