Lanteacraft_Dialer (LC2)

12 replies to this topic

#1 lieven121

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Locationsomewere in Belgium

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:02 PM

Hi this is my Lanteacraft dialing program its used to control gates and more some other things in the future. This is far from the final version so if you have any trouble or find problems let me know and if you have sugestions they are always welcome (+ if I made any grammar/ typing mistakes please let me know and its one of my first posts so I dont entirely know how this forum works).

Mods

use this to get the program
--Version 4

pastebin run CbfNCgTt
--Or
pastebin get CbfNCgTt [name]

--Changes:
-iris works (kind of)
NOTE: my side of the code is mostly done and should work but in LC is currently a bug (LC2 Version: 21) that the gate listens to the computer but then checks the rs signal so if you open the iris it will go back top the original state
-monitors
  /peripheral menu
  /iris for stargate on monitors
  /iris support
  /you can add monitors in Settings/Peripherals and then press Add  
-lot of fixes

note: you cant use pastebin run <--only for versions 1 and 2

older

pictures
READ ME

Next update
Planned features

Other dialing program's

Edited by lieven121, 24 March 2016 - 10:43 AM.

#2 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:20 PM

This looks really good. I like the approach you took with the interface.

I installed it and ran it, but it is stuck at the first screen after booting. It's asking for a stargate address (?), but after putting in the gate's address I can't continue. Clicking the red button and/or continue doesn't seem to work :(

EDIT: OK, after looking through the code, I discovered that it's asking for the side of the StargateBase. Once I figured that out I got into the program. That should be more clear. Or, better yet, consider using sg = peripheral.find("StargateBase") to auto-detect and auto-wrap the gate - so the user doesn't have to do anything.

Also found a bug. When adding a gate, I can't enter numbers or symbols in an address - the program only seems to accept letters. :(

This is a great start - can't wait to see it get polished up and take on some of the new features you've listed. :)

Edited by Dog, 11 July 2015 - 01:01 AM.

#3 lieven121

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:32 AM

hi thx for taking the time to look at my program
I should write Peripheral's:
Stargate:
sorry for the confusion

the reason I dont use sg = peripheral.find("StargateBase") is if you have 2 gates on 1 network (normal verry unlikely) but then you dont have the choise which gate to select (maybe i will add this but ass a config) and I will find a other way so he seeks the gates and list them (there is a peripheral. function just dont remembere the name) and you can make the choise and to be honest I added this one off the last days

about that you cant add numbers in the gate tab I find strange(is your num lock on and you should only be able to add A-->Z 0-->9 + and -) but I will test it when I get home and have you tried copy pasting a address that can be should work to you can use copy paste for a lot off things

and thx again cant w8 till your program is updated so I can use it for LC2

edit: I found it I only support the num pad numbers I will add support for the other ones soon thx for reporting else I never found this out

Edited by lieven121, 11 July 2015 - 10:45 PM.

#4 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:55 PM

Pasting the address works - thank you.

#5 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:33 AM

I like what you did with the gate detection - nice!

Entering an address manually still has one small bug. I can enter A-Z, 0-9, and - (minus), but I can't enter + (plus) for an address (I don't have a numpad on my keyboard).

Also, I noticed that your program says 'Connected' before the wormhole is actually established (and it also says 'Connected' if an invalid address is dialed). Are you using the 'connected' event to tell when you've connected or are you counting the number of chevrons engaged? The event will ensure you've actually connected and make your dialing/connection status more accurate (if you're currently relying on chevron count).

This is a really nice dialing program, lieven121 - I really like the UI...nicely done. :) I can't wait to see more!

EDIT: One more thing - I think a help screen would be nice. Just a single page that describes simple actions like 'Left click an address to dial, right click an address to edit, click outside of the edit box to exit the edit box, exit the program from the settings menu' - that kind of thing.

EDIT2: I've discovered a bug in LanteaCraft - gates generate a connect event even if an invalid address is dialed, so right now using the 'connect' event is no more accurate than counting the number of engaged chevrons. Bug report filed.

Edited by Dog, 14 July 2015 - 04:01 AM.

#6 lieven121

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:49 AM

View PostDog, on 14 July 2015 - 02:33 AM, said:

I like what you did with the gate detection - nice!

Entering an address manually still has one small bug. I can enter A-Z, 0-9, and - (minus), but I can't enter + (plus) for an address (I don't have a numpad on my keyboard).

Also, I noticed that your program says 'Connected' before the wormhole is actually established (and it also says 'Connected' if an invalid address is dialed). Are you using the 'connected' event to tell when you've connected or are you counting the number of chevrons engaged? The event will ensure you've actually connected and make your dialing/connection status more accurate (if you're currently relying on chevron count).

This is a really nice dialing program, lieven121 - I really like the UI...nicely done. :) I can't wait to see more!

EDIT: One more thing - I think a help screen would be nice. Just a single page that describes simple actions like 'Left click an address to dial, right click an address to edit, click outside of the edit box to exit the edit box, exit the program from the settings menu' - that kind of thing.

EDIT2: I've discovered a bug in LanteaCraft - gates generate a connect event even if an invalid address is dialed, so right now using the 'connect' event is no more accurate than counting the number of engaged chevrons. Bug report filed.

Thx again and I will add support for the '+' soon

The help screen is planned there is even a placehold button for that and the for the other thing I was waiting for the function that returns the connection

then here is a thing for when monitors are inplented (the bottem needs to change and the chevrons will have colors matching the gate when more gates are added and that function)(the current sg1 colors might change)
Monitors

#7 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:19 PM

I just learned that the 'connect' event is generated when engageStargate() is called, not when the connection is established - apparently that's by design (not a bug). Currently we have no way of verifying when a stargate is actually connected.

That monitor setup is awesome - looking forward to seeing that in action :)

#8 DauntlessFour

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:58 PM

When I start up the program, it goes to the set up, I've put it to true AND put it to false, and entered the both the address and the name but it won't let me click continue, Please help!

#9 lieven121

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:43 PM

View PostDauntlessFour, on 22 July 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

When I start up the program, it goes to the set up, I've put it to true AND put it to false, and entered the both the address and the name but it won't let me click continue, Please help!
I dont understand what you want to say can you give me screenshots

#10 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:32 PM

View PostDauntlessFour, on 22 July 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

Sounds like it's not seeing a stargate. What version of LanteaCraft are you running? Is the computer directly connected to the base of the stargate?

#11 TyRao

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:12 AM

Hi, I'm not new to Lantea or CC but I was wondering if anyone has done Wireless monitors w/touchscreen ability.

What I'm looking for is the ability to use a password to initially put in a GS address. but after that all you have to do is click the address (Name) of the destination gate.
I realize it would take a lot of programming to do such a task but I think it would be worth some Recognition. I am looking to put it in my Server! :)

#12 lieven121

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:07 PM

View PostDragonslayerlk, on 19 September 2015 - 01:12 AM, said:

Hi, I'm not new to Lantea or CC but I was wondering if anyone has done Wireless monitors w/touchscreen ability.

What I'm looking for is the ability to use a password to initially put in a GS address. but after that all you have to do is click the address (Name) of the destination gate.
I realize it would take a lot of programming to do such a task but I think it would be worth some Recognition. I am looking to put it in my Server! :)

I currently only have basic monitors and you need to activate them in the code and they only display the gate stat I was planning on maybe making a quick dial monitor. But if I wold to add a monitor where the dial menu is shown would that be enough (this wil be only dialing .. no search , no filter , no adding/editing/deleting/selecting) and it wont be that hard to make

I have a config in the settings (settings button in the gui--> security) here can you enable passwords (and enter/ change a password) and you can individual decide witch actions require passwords (ex: dialing addresses, adding addresses , deleting, shut the pc down.....)

you can also look at the program off a other good programmer :
http://www.computerc...-ccdhd-20-rc9h/

btw the reason I prefer the main menu in the pc is we programmers can grab way more events form a pc then a mon

srr for all the grammer mistakes or any other language problems

Edited by lieven121, 25 September 2015 - 08:08 PM.

#13 lieven121

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:41 AM

New version 4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users