[1.75] Advanced Monitor clearing itself when changing textscale

peripheral

3 replies to this topic

#1 XPModder

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:40 PM

I have a problem with writing text to an advanced monitor:

I wanted to have my program write some Text to the monitor, but whenever the textscale is changed by the program, the monitor will clear instantly and only show the text that was written after changing the textscale.

I wrote this little program to test if its a bug or a problem with my other program:
mon = peripheral.wrap("top")

mon.clear()

mon.setTextColor(colors.white)
mon.setTextScale(1)
mon.write("hello")
mon.setTextScale(2)
mon.setCursorPos(1,3)
mon.write("this is a Test program")

I got the following picture after running this program.

Attached Image: 2015-12-06_19.21.38.png

I'm playing FTB Infinity modpack (thats the reason for the minimap), but the other mods shouldnt conflict in any way with ComputerCraft.

If its a Bug it would be nice if it could be fixed soon, if its not a bug but my fault I would like to know what I did wrong and how to fix it.

#2 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:24 PM

Moved to Bugs.

#3 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:23 PM

What's your expected behaviour, here?

Monitors are intended to only support a single text scale at once, across their entire display. For example, it has never been possible to write a "heading" using a large scale, then have "regular text" written underneath at a smaller one - not on the same monitor, at least. To get that effect, multiple monitors are required to be placed such that they don't merge into a single display.

I've got a vague memory that once upon a time changing the scale of existing text didn't wipe the monitor, but that would've been quite a while ago (if ever). Because rescaling changes the layout of ALL text of the screen, I'm having trouble thinking of a situation where you'd want to rescale without clearing the old content anyway.

#4 dan200

• Administrators
  • 542 posts
  • LocationCambridge, England

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:45 PM

this is probably a result of the monitor bug. fixed in 1.75

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users