ReboOSt - Beta 1

17 replies to this topic

#1 Chickenbreadlp

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:38 PM

Posted Image

ReboOSt is a continuation of something I worked on before, ApfelOS.
Just to recap: ApfelOS was created when I was still young and childish. It was kinda crappy in it's own ways.

It's over 1,5 Years ago and I improved a lot in lua, so I decided to give ApfelOS a look and think what I could have done better. I was so satisfied with the ideas that came to my mind, that I began to develope on it again. Now, after I've worked on it for some time, it is better then ever.

The latest Dev-Build is 2035

The latest Rel-Build is 3036

This Build of ReboOSt in perticular contains the following features:

• A very secure login (SHA-256 by GravityScore) with unlimited accounts and 2 Stage user rights
  • Change the colors from the OS as much as you want, your free from restrictions*
  • Mouse File Browser by BigSHinyToys
  • Sketch by oeed
  • luaIDE by GravityScore
  • edit the wallpapers to your needs and make a diashow out of them if wished (up to 9 wallpapers)
  • a little shell overlay to prevent damaging system files & adding additional systemfeatures
  • an autoupdater so you'll always be up to date
  • ReboOSt can log panel activity, if wished
  • SecurOS (a new securety function, checks now and then if information in memory is correct)
  • Always on Clock (an automaticly updating clock)
  • Load'ItUp (a bootloader for debugging purposes)
*changes do not apply for 3rd Party Programs
gray text: yet only available in development builds

The "Build Number" is not really the build version but It tells you exactly what Version you are using in numbers:
1. digit:	 0 means DEV_Alpha, 1 is Alpha, 2 is DEV_Beta, 3 is Beta, 4 is Final_Dev, 5 is Final
2. and 3. digit: the version number
4. digit:	 update counter (for example bugfixupdates)
(Since Dev-Build 0030 the last 3 digits are just counting up from release to release)

Screenshots:
Spoiler

How to change from Release Build to Development Build (and the other way around)
Spoiler

Changelog

Known Bugs
Also, here you can report bugs!

Download: pastebin run LmmNQjSB
If you want to download a specific build, then use this command as written, with the addition of the build number (for example: 0032). Please Note, that using this methode, Hotfixes won't be included and the OS might be unstable.
Adding Dev to the to the command (instead of the Build Number) will get you the latest Dev-Build. (These might contain Hotfixes and might be more stable then the before given Methode)
Please Note, that every of the before mentioned additional arguments will delete any file on your CC computer.
If you still run CC 1.74 or CC 1.75 please set the Compatibility to CC 1.74
Github Reposetory: https://github.com/C...breadlp/ReboOSt

Edited by Chickenbreadlp, 30 April 2017 - 09:09 AM.

#2 AtomicX Dev.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:56 PM

Finally! Another OS! That is 2016!

#3 Chickenbreadlp

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:24 PM

AtomicX Dev., on 03 January 2016 - 08:56 PM, said:

Finally! Another OS! That is 2016!
Well, development on this had started 2015. And the base (ApfelOS) is even older (2013 I think)

Edited by Chickenbreadlp, 03 January 2016 - 09:24 PM.

#4 HPWebcamAble

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationWeb Development

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:11 AM

Pretty sure CC 1.76 added the copyright symbol so you can replace [C in parenthesis] with ©

Also just some quick advice, you don't need a copyright notice on every window. It just takes up valuable screen real estate
I'm sure just having it on the login screen would be fine.

Other than that, looks good!

Edited by HPWebcamAble, 06 January 2016 - 01:20 AM.

#5 Chickenbreadlp

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:42 PM

HPWebcamAble, on 05 January 2016 - 03:11 AM, said:

Pretty sure CC 1.76 added the copyright symbol so you can replace © with ©

Also just some quick advice, you don't need a copyright notice on every window. It just takes up valuable screen real estate
I'm sure just having it on the login screen would be fine.

Other than that, looks good!
Ok, I'll see what I can do with the ©. other than that, thanks for the good feedback! :)

#6 Chickenbreadlp

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:50 PM

The switching between Rel- and Dev-Builds is now mentioned in OP.

Edited by Chickenbreadlp, 30 March 2016 - 05:51 PM.

#7 Chickenbreadlp

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:52 PM

ReboOSt Alpha 2
Is finally finished! Download now (link in OP)!

#8 Nothy

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:13 AM

I tried installing and I did not get very far before the OS decided to flip; You've probably missed adding some color variables somewhere :P
Spoiler

Edited by Nothy, 31 March 2016 - 11:13 AM.

#9 Chickenbreadlp

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 March 2016 - 12:20 PM

Nothy, on 31 March 2016 - 11:13 AM, said:

I tried installing and I did not get very far before the OS decided to flip; You've probably missed adding some color variables somewhere :P
Spoiler
I rather removed one, and didn't removed it's mentioning in the firststart routine. But it's fixed now. Thanks! ;)

#10 Nothy

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:26 PM

Chickenbreadlp, on 31 March 2016 - 12:20 PM, said:

Nothy, on 31 March 2016 - 11:13 AM, said:

Spoiler
I rather removed one, and didn't removed it's mentioning in the firststart routine. But it's fixed now. Thanks! ;)
;D

#11 Chickenbreadlp

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:08 PM

ReboOSt is in Beta now!
ReboOSt has finally reached the Beta phase with many new additions, such as SecurOS and Wallpaperdiashow.
Thus far I want to thatnk you all for contributing ^_^

#12 Chickenbreadlp

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:34 AM

ReboOSt is not dead yet!
I'm planning to add custom error handeling some time.
A feature that will definitly be included in ReboOSt Beta 2 is a kinda FTP. I'll release the used API sometime this or next week.

Edited by Chickenbreadlp, 04 June 2016 - 08:35 PM.

#13 Cross_Sans

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:18 PM

Red letters is "Mobile edition"
So, you have edited the main post on a phone ? :P

Edited by Redall, 01 February 2017 - 01:19 PM.

#14 CLNinja

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:13 AM

So theres a pretty big flaw in your code. You havn't done any proper protection of /startup. Yes i cant directly "edit startup" from the shell. But using FS I created a method out of your sandbox completely, allowing anything to be done to it.

see code here: http://pastebin.com/raw/gqwqp81i

#15 Chickenbreadlp

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:18 AM

Redall, on 01 February 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

Red letters is "Mobile edition"
So, you have edited the main post on a phone ? :P
You can actually set a font color in the editor. The red text is intentionally red.

CLNinja, on 10 February 2017 - 01:13 AM, said:

So theres a pretty big flaw in your code. You havn't done any proper protection of /startup. Yes i cant directly "edit startup" from the shell. But using FS I created a method out of your sandbox completely, allowing anything to be done to it.

see code here: http://pastebin.com/raw/gqwqp81i
I haven't been able to login to this forum for a long time (since june last year to be specififc), and in the meantime I was actually making plans for ReboOSt v2 with an actual framework, custom error handeling and FileSystem protection. sadly haven't been able to look into my messy code as well, so it might take a while until then. At the moment this OS is dead but might be rivied (when I have time for that ;) )

#16 Kansas54

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:09 AM

Is monitor support coming someday? the "Monitor" command is blocked from the shell :|

#17 Cross_Sans

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:00 PM

Chickenbreadlp, on 30 April 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

Look at the top of the first message.

#18 Chickenbreadlp

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:09 PM

Kansas54, on 06 May 2017 - 01:09 AM, said:

Is monitor support coming someday? the "Monitor" command is blocked from the shell :|

Nope. I might implement a feature which allows for screen duplication to another screen someday in ReboOSt v2 which is coming along slowly. One thing is for sure: ReboOSt v2 is going to be as safe as I can imagine with hashing not only the password but also the username and not allowing to modify any file or api that might have to do anything with the OS securety ;). I haven't decided, if I want to encrypt the user files, 'cause every attempt of mine to de- and encrypt files on-demand haven't worked yet... <_<
Hint for v2: check the description in my Github repository

Edited by Chickenbreadlp, 15 June 2017 - 01:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users