Computer Craft Addon for another mod

4 replies to this topic

#1 LeotomasMC

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationI am a hidden viuris on your computer

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:58 PM

I felt like this was the best place to put this.

I like to use a mod called "Portal Gun" which adds some things from the game "Portal" into minecraft. I was wondering if anyone could make a Add-on for CC that adds the ability to put the Portal Gun onto a Turtle and have the Turtle shoot the Portal Gun and create a portal, and allow turtles to go through portals.

Possible funcion things, whatever you call it :P

- portalGun.fire("blue") or ("orange") -- Fires blue or orange portal.
- portalGun.resetPortals() -- Clears portals
- portalGun.POTaTOStalks(true) or (false) -- toggles POTaTOS talking on the Potato Gun (Portal gun with POTaTOS on it)
- portalGun.fireSpecial("blue" or "orange","atlas" or "pbody") -- NOTE: blue is left color, orange is right. Fires P-Body's or Atlas' Portal Gun.
- portalGun.refuel() -- refuels portal gun. NOTE: Only if the portal guns use fuel. setting in Portal Gun mod config.

#2 wilcomega

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:08 AM

it is certainly possible, for the porttal gun hooting, that is the most easy part, to let a turtle go through a portal is the hard part, you would have to check to see if the turtle moves into a protal entity en teleport it and then move it out the other side at the correct angle.

the best of luck

#3 LeotomasMC

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationI am a hidden viuris on your computer

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:36 PM

The portal is not an entity, at least i dont think it is. I belive it is like a painting but as a block. (paintings and item frames are entitys)

#4 Quartz101

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Location/dev/nvme0n1

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:47 PM

View PostLeotomasMC, on 17 January 2016 - 10:36 PM, said:

(paintings and item frames are entitys)

Thanks captain obvious Wow!

it's spelled entities, not entitys

Edited by Quartz101, 18 January 2016 - 02:48 PM.

#5 Lemmmy

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:27 AM

View Postwilcomega, on 14 January 2016 - 10:08 AM, said:

it is certainly possible, for the porttal gun hooting, that is the most easy part, to let a turtle go through a portal is the hard part, you would have to check to see if the turtle moves into a protal entity en teleport it and then move it out the other side at the correct angle.

the best of luck

Actually, assuming it's possible to add a watcher to the turtle's position, the latter would also be extremely easy. The Portal Gun mod's API and the CC API may help out with this.

View PostLeotomasMC, on 17 January 2016 - 10:36 PM, said:

The portal is not an entity, at least i dont think it is. I belive it is like a painting but as a block. (paintings and item frames are entitys)

It is a tile entity - a block with an entity attached to it.

Edited by Lemmmy, 28 January 2016 - 01:27 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users