Jump to content




Firewolf Website Browser Version 3.5

lua wireless networking

30 replies to this topic

#1 Towtow10

  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:28 AM

Firewolf is a rednet browser, it allows you to browse the internet within minecraft!
Servers are very easy to setup, for your websites you can use lua or the html clone called fwml, both are easy to use.

Check Out the wiki here.

Note: This was originally developed by GravityScore and 1lann, I have permission to continue its development.
Here is the old post.

Note: If you have the version of Firewolf from the old post you will have to download it from here to receive updates, this is because it uses a new git repository.

You can download Firewolf here.
or use
pastebin get nTVm5BZ2 firewolf

I will post a video tutorial soon.

Please post bugs or ideas of what can be implemented next here.

Changelog:
Spoiler

Screenies:
Spoiler

Edited by Towtow10, 30 January 2016 - 10:47 PM.


#2 TheOddByte

    Lazy Coder

  • Members
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:17 PM

Great to see that someone has finally decided to continue this project, but what are your plans for this? And does this version support themes as FW 2.5 or whatever version it was did?

#3 Towtow10

  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:22 AM

It probably will support themes and I'm thinking of improving fwml. Also submit your ideas of what I could add next here.

#4 Towtow10

  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:16 AM

Version 3.6 is out! It adds themes, they can be changed under rdnt//settings. They also save which one you selected.

#5 ry00000

  • Members
  • 244 posts
  • LocationComputer, Base, SwitchCraft, Cube-earth, Blockiverse, Computer

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:27 PM

How do you run a file from a page?

#6 Creator

    Mad Dash Victor

  • Members
  • 2,168 posts
  • LocationYou will never find me, muhahahahahaha

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:31 PM

Where is the repo now?

#7 Lupus590

  • Members
  • 1,963 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:58 PM

View PostCreator, on 30 January 2016 - 06:31 PM, said:

Where is the repo now?
https://github.com/Towtow10/Firewolf
Open the wiki (as linked in the op), check the forks

also @op you should make your own wiki, that way the old one can be archived

Edited by Lupus590, 30 January 2016 - 07:00 PM.


#8 Anavrins

  • Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:07 PM

client:3: Attempt to index nil, on CC1.78
Because of...

View PostAnavrins, on 30 January 2016 - 01:14 AM, said:

There's also another issue, if you're going to use .settings as a folder, you will break the CC1.77 settings api some way or the other.
I've made a pull request https://github.com/T...Firewolf/pull/1

#9 Towtow10

  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:16 PM

View Postry00000, on 30 January 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

How do you run a file from a page?
You need to host a webserver, ill get around to some video tutorials probably today.

#10 Towtow10

  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:24 PM

View PostAnavrins, on 30 January 2016 - 07:07 PM, said:

client:3: Attempt to index nil, on CC1.78
Because of...

View PostAnavrins, on 30 January 2016 - 01:14 AM, said:

There's also another issue, if you're going to use .settings as a folder, you will break the CC1.77 settings api some way or the other.
I've made a pull request https://github.com/T...Firewolf/pull/1
Thanks for cleaning up my code, I have always been very messy.

View PostLupus590, on 30 January 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

View PostCreator, on 30 January 2016 - 06:31 PM, said:

Where is the repo now?
https://github.com/Towtow10/Firewolf
Open the wiki (as linked in the op), check the forks

also @op you should make your own wiki, that way the old one can be archived
I will, but it may be a bit of time before I get round to it.

#11 Lupus590

  • Members
  • 1,963 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:12 PM

View PostTowtow10, on 30 January 2016 - 09:24 PM, said:

View PostLupus590, on 30 January 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

also @op you should make your own wiki, that way the old one can be archived
clone the wiki (you have to manually copy each page I think)

edit: either i have messed up my browser cache, or the wiki has be copied across

Edited by Lupus590, 30 January 2016 - 10:18 PM.


#12 Towtow10

  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:39 PM

View PostLupus590, on 30 January 2016 - 10:12 PM, said:

View PostTowtow10, on 30 January 2016 - 09:24 PM, said:

View PostLupus590, on 30 January 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

also @op you should make your own wiki, that way the old one can be archived
clone the wiki (you have to manually copy each page I think)

edit: either i have messed up my browser cache, or the wiki has be copied across
It looks like it did copy over, I also thought I had to copy page by page.

#13 Lupus590

  • Members
  • 1,963 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:58 PM

care to share how you cloned the wiki?

#14 Towtow10

  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:48 PM

View PostLupus590, on 30 January 2016 - 10:58 PM, said:

care to share how you cloned the wiki?
It was already there when I forked 1lann's repo

#15 Pyuu

  • Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:30 AM

So, what's the differences between 2.5 and 3.5 really? (Just some version control stuff, 3.5 suggests a HUGE update from 2.5)
Also, themes? I thought those already existed.

#16 Creator

    Mad Dash Victor

  • Members
  • 2,168 posts
  • LocationYou will never find me, muhahahahahaha

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:23 AM

View PostLupus590, on 30 January 2016 - 10:58 PM, said:

care to share how you cloned the wiki?

The wiki is just another got repo under the name GitHub.com/userne/repo.wiki

#17 Quartz101

  • Members
  • 141 posts
  • Location/dev/nvme0n1

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:02 PM

View PostMayushii, on 31 January 2016 - 01:30 AM, said:

So, what's the differences between 2.5 and 3.5 really? (Just some version control stuff, 3.5 suggests a HUGE update from 2.5)
Also, themes? I thought those already existed.

3.x has been around for a long time. 3.x has encrypted communications (DHE to be exact), a serverside api, FWML, and probably more!

#18 Towtow10

  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:04 AM

Me and DannySmc are working too implement cross server compatibility, the current rdnt:// protocol will be used for accessing websites on the same server and ccml:// will be used for cross server.

#19 TheOddByte

    Lazy Coder

  • Members
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:40 PM

View PostMayushii, on 31 January 2016 - 01:30 AM, said:

Also, themes? I thought those already existed.
If I remember correctly there was an issue with 2.5 that broke the themes functionality.

#20 Pyuu

  • Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:25 AM

View PostTowtow10, on 03 February 2016 - 11:04 AM, said:

Me and DannySmc are working too implement cross server compatibility, the current rdnt:// protocol will be used for accessing websites on the same server and ccml:// will be used for cross server.

Well, with cross server communication, you need a site to do POSTs (so people can upload/manage their site content.) DannySMc will provide one more than likely, just interested what your security measures are gonna be considering the potential behind it.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users