#21 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:55 PM

View PostFUNCTION MAN!, on 11 February 2016 - 03:42 PM, said:

View PostDannySMc, on 11 February 2016 - 09:17 AM, said:

-more snip-

I use my own git server, because it's my project and I do not use github. Like I said you don't have to help but I will use my git server, for my project... Plus I prefer using it over github as I can set it to private so no one else can see the project, where as github I would have to pay. Plus there are many other reasons I plan to use it, but if you end up helping then you will see, otherwise you won't.

Then you're accepting am patches?

What exactly is it you wish to patch?

#22 FUNCTION MAN!

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:00 PM

From that sentence I can deduce you:
  • Don't have the patience to read the git-format-patch(1) and git-am(1) man pages
  • Aren't very experienced in the open source software world.

A patch is literally just a pull request. It's how people submit changes across repositories.
If you didn't know that, I suggest you stick with GitHub.

#23 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:03 PM

View PostFUNCTION MAN!, on 11 February 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

• Don't have the patience to read the git-format-patch(1) and git-am(1) man pages

A patch is literally just a pull request. It's how people submit changes across repositories.

You're extremely rude, but I have never heard of them tbh, but like I said I have had a git server for months now, so I will stick to it, please stop commenting now.

#24 ardera

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:26 PM

View PostFUNCTION MAN!, on 11 February 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

Who said it's open source?

#25 FUNCTION MAN!

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:56 PM

Nobody. But git is open source. As is basically every git using project ever.

Point still stands.

#26 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:09 PM

View PostFUNCTION MAN!, on 11 February 2016 - 09:56 PM, said:

Nobody. But git is open source. As is basically every git using project ever.

Point still stands.

Well there is a false statement, considering most of the projects I work on for my job are closed source, so that rules out the above statement, but no I looked it up and no we don't allow it, as the code is closed source only people working on it are able to view and edit it, while it is in development :D

#27 ardera

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:27 PM

But git is open source.
Git is a "distributed version control system" (as it says on the website). The use (open source, closed source) of this version control system is specificated nowhere on the website, meaning you can use it for whatever kind of project you want.

#28 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:29 PM

View Postardera, on 11 February 2016 - 10:27 PM, said:

But git is open source.
Git is a "distributed version control system" (as it says on the website). The use (open source, closed source) of this version control system is specificated nowhere on the website, meaning you can use it for whatever kind of project you want.

Don't start him off, as he is "always right" >.< Not worth it, but I sent you a slack request so jump on :D

Edited by DannySMc, 11 February 2016 - 10:30 PM.

#29 Creeper9207

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:40 AM

I'm ok at making languages i guess, im currently porting Skript (minecraft plugin scripting language) to mcpe

so i could help when that's done

Edited by Creeper9207, 12 February 2016 - 12:41 AM.

#30 Pyuu

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:00 AM

Should have more than just rednet related servers, I want servers that can be cross-server and public.

#31 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:06 AM

View PostMayushii, on 12 February 2016 - 02:00 AM, said:

Should have more than just rednet related servers, I want servers that can be cross-server and public.

We are not using rednet, we will be using HTTP. So all websites are online, and the client will allow you to view the pages etc. This is so we can allow use of PHP as a preprocessing script.

Edited by DannySMc, 12 February 2016 - 09:06 AM.

#32 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 12 February 2016 - 10:28 AM

Speaking of keeping websites on server. I would suggest instead of using the <script> tag to instead use custom <luascript> tag and add
luascript { display: none; }
To site css. Also make the CC browser not display contents of both tags by default. This way it would be possible to make website that would be usable from both inside computercraft and in real life browsers. by just providing 2 scripts in code one in lua in <luascript> for cc browser and javascript one in <script> for real world one. Just something that jumped at my head today.

Edited by Wojbie, 12 February 2016 - 10:28 AM.

#33 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 12 February 2016 - 10:46 AM

View PostWojbie, on 12 February 2016 - 10:28 AM, said:

Speaking of keeping websites on server. I would suggest instead of using the <script> tag to instead use custom <luascript> tag and add
luascript { display: none; }
To site css. Also make the CC browser not display contents of both tags by default. This way it would be possible to make website that would be usable from both inside computercraft and in real life browsers. by just providing 2 scripts in code one in lua in <luascript> for cc browser and javascript one in <script> for real world one. Just something that jumped at my head today.

My plan is to allow people to view websites on external servers as well using a few additions I plan to add, but for now I think the script tag will be changed, as I don't think script tag will look good I am thinking doing:
<?lua
    print("example");
?>

#34 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:00 PM

Interested to see how this goes. You mentioned using a more basic form of markup, which essentially is what Quest is (although I know you're intending to go further), but why not just try and stick as close to HTML as possible and instead target CraftOS 2?

#35 SquidDev

Frickin' laser beams | Resident Necromancer

• Members
  • 1,427 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 13 February 2016 - 02:05 PM

View Postoeed, on 13 February 2016 - 12:00 PM, said:

Interested to see how this goes. You mentioned using a more basic form of markup, which essentially is what Quest is (although I know you're intending to go further), but why not just try and stick as close to HTML as possible and instead target CraftOS 2?

Even in CC 1.76+ it might be possible to implement decent headers thanks to the new characters and the BigFont API.

#36 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 13 February 2016 - 04:55 PM

View Postoeed, on 13 February 2016 - 12:00 PM, said:

Change of mind... I might look into using something closer to HTML maybe even just parse html but for now I think it would be better to keep our own version of a markup language.

CraftOS 2.0, we will support it but currently we have nothing to test on? Nothing to check the API's or see the screen size and what we can do with it? Unless I have missed something but I don't see the point of making something for a platform that may be completely different? When it is out?

Edited by DannySMc, 13 February 2016 - 05:01 PM.

#37 ardera

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:36 PM

View PostDannySMc, on 13 February 2016 - 04:55 PM, said:

CraftOS 2.0, we will support it but currently we have nothing to test on? Nothing to check the API's or see the screen size and what we can do with it? Unless I have missed something but I don't see the point of making something for a platform that may be completely different? When it is out?
I think what oeed meant is that we should try and make it as easy as possible to port it to CraftOS 2.0 when it's released. For example, not setting 51x19 as the hardcoded resolution (CraftOS 2.0 uses 320x200), accepting a 256 color palette, supporting hovering mouse cursors and different cursor designs, etc

Edited by ardera, 13 February 2016 - 06:37 PM.

#38 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:43 PM

View Postardera, on 13 February 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

I think what oeed meant is that we should try and make it as easy as possible to port it to CraftOS 2.0 when it's released. For example, not setting 51x19 as the hardcoded resolution (CraftOS 2.0 uses 320x200), accepting a 256 color palette, supporting hovering mouse cursors and different cursor designs, etc

Oh okay, yes definitely I think that is a good idea

#39 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:10 PM

I've been developing Silica for the past 8 months, it's quite possible.

You can use the emulator on the Silica GitHub page, it works just like any other emulator.

#40 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 14 February 2016 - 11:49 AM

View Postoeed, on 13 February 2016 - 10:10 PM, said:

I've been developing Silica for the past 8 months, it's quite possible.

You can use the emulator on the Silica GitHub page, it works just like any other emulator.

But is that what CraftOS 2.0 is? Or is it your guess? Although I could never get your emulator to work when I tried installing it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users