Missile Canyon

game

5 replies to this topic

Poll: Random Survey

Do you like the game so far?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What would you like to see next in this game?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Saldor010

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe United States

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:41 PM

Hey there!
Message from future me, if you enjoy this game (or even if you don't), you should check out my latest game! It's way better than this one, I'm sure you'd love it ;)
Click the link here to check it out!
Back to your original post already in progress..

UPDATE: Bonus Boxes, GUI improvement and cleaner termination!
​UPDATE 2: Missiles now leave fiery trails as they fly across the screen, there's also a score counter!

A bit of a proof of concept I've been working on. Nothing much to see right now, but it is kind of fun to play for a round or two. Use the left mouse button to fire a missile towards the enemy on the Y axis you're pointing at. Someone wins when they get 10 missiles across the enemy's side of the screen. For now, I have some walls in the middle of the screen to brighten the game up and make things a little more interesting, but they may or may not be in the final version. Occasionally, bonus boxes (green pixels with white dollar signs) will appear in the middle of the screen. If you hit a bonus box the AI will be unable to fire missiles for 3 seconds, and vice versa. For now, the AI will just ignore bonus boxes, but this will be changed in the next update.

Direct Link: b3Mwaz0q
In-Game Link: pastebin get b3Mwaz0q MissileCanyon

If you want to change the difficulty of the enemy AI, then run the game with an argument of 1, 2, or 3. 1 being the easiest, 3 being the hardest. If you don't run the game with an argument, then it'll start on difficulty level 2.

And of course, no pics, no clicks, so:
Attached Image: MissileCanyon4.PNG

Edited by Saldor010, 05 June 2019 - 09:15 PM.

#2 Saldor010

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:25 PM

Updated, there are now bonus boxes to aim for during combat!

#3 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 24 February 2016 - 01:31 AM

Looks like the bonus boxes don't do anything, no matter who hits them?

A pair of score/life counters wouldn't be amiss.

#4 Saldor010

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:36 PM

I've finally got the bonus boxes working again, I apparently did something to break them right before I uploaded the file to pastebin. I'll try and release another update here in a day or two, and by then I should have all of the bugs ironed out.

#5 3d6

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:17 PM

Pretty nice. :) I'd suggest adding a way to see how many missiles have made it through on each side during the game

#6 Saldor010

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:00 AM

Update! Fiery trails of destruction follow every missile! There's also a score counter in the top row to help you keep track of who's winning.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users