AnonOS - An OS built based on Bundu - READ THE CONTENT TO SEE WHY

15 replies to this topic

#1 Anonymous

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationGlasglow, England

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:47 PM

-- Looking for HELP. Please PM if you wish to help.

Now Licensed : http://pastebin.com/2zi4uc2X

I bring you AnonOS, an OS built from Bundu.

Download :

pastebin run

To view commands, type

help 

I have removed some commands, and reproduced others.

This project is still in development, and any APIS, commands, and programs you wish to be added can be done.

Any suggestions are very helpfull.

COMMANDS :

CMDS:
launch <arg> <pgrm> ---- type "help launch" for help

dir <blank_or_path> ------ type "help dir" for help

wget <url> <name> ------ type "help wget" for help

reboot ---- reboots

clear ---- clears screen

pgrms -- lists programs included

All API credits go to Redall

PROGRAMS :
FileX by Creator http://www.computerc...pdateopen-with/ --- Edited with permission from Creator

DiscoverAppStore by DannySMC http://www.computerc...discover-api57/

LuaIDE by GravityScore http://www.computerc...diting-in-game/

Info on Bundu :

To inform you, Bundu is no longer active; http://www.computerc...erating-system/,

My proof? : http://pastebin.com/u/Redall < his paste is no longer active, removing the original installer from it.

As well, he did not license the product he had produced. Thereof, one can assume that the OS can be edited and be reproduced by anyone.

Edited by Lyqyd, 21 April 2016 - 05:21 PM.

#2 Goof

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:29 PM

No pics no clicks.

Post some screenshots of it, if you want more people to get this

Even though it is command-line based, it's still a good idea to implement pictures of an Operating System

Edited by Mikk809h, 20 April 2016 - 02:30 PM.

#3 Blue

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • LocationGlass/UX/main.lua

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:30 PM

View PostAnonymous, on 20 April 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

All APIS provided for this program are originally by Redall, but since he has not licensed them, and I have, I technically own them
Correct me if I'm wrong,but software is automatically copyrighted,even without a license.
EDIT: Just looked it up,found this and this

Edited by Blue, 20 April 2016 - 02:34 PM.

#4 Goof

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:36 PM

View PostBlue, on 20 April 2016 - 02:30 PM, said:

All APIS provided for this program are originally by Redall, but since he has not licensed them, and I have, I technically own them
Correct me if I'm wrong,but software is automatically copyrighted,even without a license.
Exactly.

A quote from the site:
"If you find software that doesn’t have a license, that generally means you have no permission from the creators of the software to use, modify, or share the software."
So you are right about the copyright thing

#5 Luca_S

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:01 PM

Just no. This also applies for all other code that you stole, because no license means the default copyright applies.

Edit:

But now I'll say something about your OS: It's crap. Seriously who wants to enter "launch -o someprogram", if you could just go with default CraftOS and enter "someprogram". Else I can't see something that is really different from CraftOS or a completely new feature.

Edited by Luca_S, 20 April 2016 - 05:27 PM.

#6 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:09 PM

I'm disappointed. You not only posted a typically useless "Operating System", you stole it from another user. I don't care what the legal status is.

#7 Anonymous

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:30 PM

View PostLuca_S, on 20 April 2016 - 05:01 PM, said:

Just no. This also applies for all other code that you stole, because no license means the default copyright applies.

Edit:

But now I'll say something about your OS: It's crap. Seriously who wants to enter "launch -o someprogram", if you could just go with default CraftOS and enter "someprogram". Else I can't see something that is really different from CraftOS or a completely new feature.
Understood.

#8 Creator

Mad Dash Victor

• Members
  • 2,168 posts
  • LocationYou will never find me, muhahahahahaha

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:52 PM

Several things:

- Thanks for using FileX.

- You could have asked me and I would have said yes.

- No pics no clicks.

- You might use something of the likes of Compress for distributing AnonOS, it makes downloading much faster.

- When installing, there are like 10 seconds where nothing happens. I have no idea what to do and my first instinct was to restart.

- FileX changes the background color of AnonOS when attemptint to launch edit through it. I might help you with the integration.

- Don't be a jack*$$, you can't just claim code for yourself. You technically can, but it's a huge d*** move and the wrong way to enter the community. It also further supports the theory you are the same guy as from the beginning.

- Why is FileX unlauchable with the -r option?

#9 Anonymous

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:26 PM

View PostCreator, on 20 April 2016 - 06:52 PM, said:

Several things:

- Thanks for using FileX.

- You could have asked me and I would have said yes.

- No pics no clicks.

- You might use something of the likes of Compress for distributing AnonOS, it makes downloading much faster.

- When installing, there are like 10 seconds where nothing happens. I have no idea what to do and my first instinct was to restart.

- FileX changes the background color of AnonOS when attemptint to launch edit through it. I might help you with the integration.

- Don't be a jack*$$, you can't just claim code for yourself. You technically can, but it's a huge d*** move and the wrong way to enter the community. It also further supports the theory you are the same guy as from the beginning.

- Why is FileX unlauchable with the -r option?

No problem. I licensed it because the original creator stopped the project and removed it. I wanted to continue it.
I will end the 10 second delay.

FileX is unlaunchable by -r becuase your program needs to be edited so I can change the directory path for your subprograms to launch. I needed your permission to do so. That being said, may I? ~note : same reason why I can't change your program background.

EDIT: Removed it as in took it off pastebin.

Edited by Anonymous, 20 April 2016 - 07:26 PM.

#10 Creator

Mad Dash Victor

• Members
  • 2,168 posts
  • LocationYou will never find me, muhahahahahaha

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:28 PM

You may. What I meant was this: Posted Image

It's orange for some reason.

Edited by Creator, 20 April 2016 - 07:28 PM.

#11 Anonymous

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:30 PM

View PostBlue, on 20 April 2016 - 02:30 PM, said:

I'll contact the developer about this, and see if I can get his permission. But noted, and I was unaware of that.

PICS TO BE ADDED. Off on trip, be back in 30 min. I will still answer questions.

#12 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:02 PM

http://www.computerc...sing-your-code/ [/shamelessPlug]

#13 Anonymous

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:21 PM

View PostLupus590, on 20 April 2016 - 08:02 PM, said:

Yeah, that's what I read; that is your post. Very helpfull

#14 Anonymous

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:08 PM

View PostCreator, on 20 April 2016 - 07:28 PM, said:

FileX changes the background color of AnonOS when attemptint to launch edit through it. I might help you with the integration.

Help would be very useful. Still holding that offer?

Edited by Anonymous, 21 April 2016 - 01:08 PM.

#15 Tiin57

Java Lunatic

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:56 PM

So you say you've read Lupus' tutorial on licensing, but you still have a license (in Lua? Why?) at the top of your post. Has it not been made abundantly clear that you do not own someone else's code just because they didn't explicitly license it, and in fact the exact opposite is true? I (and I hope anyone else) have no intent of legal action against you, because that's silly to attempt over a few hundred lines of Lua. However, as Creator and Yami noted, it's a terrible way to introduce yourself (notwithstanding the cluster in Forum Discussion, which apparently wasn't you - whatever) and I sincerely hope you stop your silly claim of "He didn't explicitly deny me permission to steal his code, so I stole it."

#16 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:24 PM

It's not acceptable to outright steal someone's code, especially when they have not provided a license that permits use of the code.

Closed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users