Self-Contained Package Generator

1 reply to this topic

#1 ProfessionalProcrastinator

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:55 AM

I've seen several operating systems and other large projects that required several files on the forums, and I always thought it was odd that a common way to distribute these programs was to make a downloader that connected to pastebin several times. When any file changed, the installer may have to be modified by hand. What's worse, programs like these couldn't be easily transferred between computers on servers without HTTP enabled (God forbid).

This project takes the input argument of files and folders and creates a self-contained executable program that will unpack all files packed into it into the current working directory. This allows project managers to make their changes and package them into installers that can be distributed easily by disk or by pastebin.

Usage: package <path 1> [<path 2> <path 3>...] <package name>

Paths can be either files or folders. They will be stored relative to the current working directory, so that they will be unpacked the same way as they are packed.

This will create an installer with the name <package name>.

Usage: installer [<install directory>]

If no install directory is given, all files will be unpacked in the current working directory.

To get package, run pastebin get wkzf3Vh6 package.

If anyone has any suggestions, please don't hesitate!

#2 greygraphics

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:55 PM

Hey, nice work! I did something similar a few days ago. Maybe you want to check it out?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users