Jump to content




BigReactors Turbine Control Program


59 replies to this topic

#1 Thor_s_Crafter

  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:18 PM

Hello Guys,

this is my Turbine Control program. The current version is 2.4.

If you are on versions below 2.4, please have look below! You need to install the Github Downloader!

For anyone who likes to support me coding, the program is now available on GitHub. Feel free to use my code anywhere else. Feel free to visit my website! Features:
  • Supporting up to 32 Turbines (per Reactor)
  • Supports multiple languages (currently English and German)
  • Automatic OR manual Control of Reactor and attached Turbines
  • Energy-based automatic Control
    • Switches Reactor and Turbines on/off if energy level is low/high
    • Supporting EnderIO-Capacitorbanks, Thermal Expansion Energy Cells and the Draconic Evolution Energy Core
  • Options
    • Change Background and Text Color
    • Change automatic behaviour
  • Main menu to set basic setting before starting the program (e.g. switching between auto/manual mode)
  • Using the Touchpoint API by Lyqyd (slightly changed) (thanks to him!)
Coming in future updates:
  • Wireless monitoring/Remote control from a second Computer or Pocket Computer
  • More languages (if requested)
  • Any kind of improvements
Screenshots

Videos:

I made some videos! Have a look: How to install:
  • Set up a computer, and download/execute the Github Dowloader program:
    pastebin get k3Vtpv3f git
Changelog:
Previous Updates

Update 2.4

Added an option for setting the steam level!
Improved installation (Github Downloader)
Reactor mode can now be run without an energy storage
Other small improvements and bugfixes


Enjoy the program! I would be happy for all comments/critics/suggestions! I hope my English is okay ;)
I would love to get any corrections (in this post, my program or anywhere else)!

Edited by Thor_s_Crafter, 11 November 2016 - 11:21 AM.


#2 Shoomfie

  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:14 PM

First: This looks great!

Second: I'm using an older version of CC/Minecraft. Specifically Minecraft 1.6.4 and CC1.63. I've added extra peripherals as well (version 0.4 I think?). Anyway. I can't seem to get your program to accept a modem hooked up to the thermal expansion energy storage ("peripheral cofh_thermalexpansion_energycell_#") I was wondering if there was an easy fix I could use to force it to read.

lastly: I'd like to offer a recommendation to include a language select option in the installerUpdate right at the beginning as all error messages are still in German otherwise.

Thanks again! I'm excited to get this running in my base.

#3 Thor_s_Crafter

  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:03 PM

Thanks for your answer.

If the Thermal Expansion Cell doesn't work, try putting a peripheral proxy from OpenPeripheralAddons on it. Then attach the modem to the proxy.
For your recommendation, I will try to put the language selection in the installer, but this might take some code reworking ;). I will update this asap.

#4 JewNoodles

  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:00 AM

i keep getting this error:

"start: 163 energiezelle nicht gefunfen! Bitte pruefen und den Computer neu starten (strg+R gedrueckt halten)"

i downloaded the english one and fallowed your video. i have 3 turbines, 1 Capacitorbank and 1 reactor

im playing on a devco Space Astronomy server

-Ray

edit: i took pictures of my setup: http://imgur.com/a/W5oaN

Edited by JewNoodles, 17 May 2016 - 03:45 PM.


#5 Thor_s_Crafter

  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:08 PM

The program can't find your Capacitorbank. Try to remove the modem on the Capacitorbank an place it again. Then restart the computer. This should work. If this doesn't work, wait for my next update. I have to rework this anyway.

Edit: I tweaked it a little bit. You will get this now when starting the actual program (not the main menu). The error message should also be in English now (if set so).

Edited by Thor_s_Crafter, 17 May 2016 - 04:23 PM.


#6 JewNoodles

  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:45 PM

View PostThor_s_Crafter, on 17 May 2016 - 04:08 PM, said:

The program can't find your Capacitorbank. Try to remove the modem on the Capacitorbank an place it again. Then restart the computer. This should work. If this doesn't work, wait for my next update. I have to rework this anyway.

Edit: I tweaked it a little bit. You will get this now when starting the actual program (not the main menu). The error message should also be in English now (if set so).

soo i can see the main menu now. but im still getting the error about my Capacitor bank. i also have added a energy cube trying to see if it could read that instead. no luck :(

#7 Thor_s_Crafter

  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:03 AM

Hmm. That's strange. I have to figure out why this is happening. The only thing you can try is rebuilding the entire setup (modems and such). I'll let you know when I find something

Edit: I found out why my program doesn't recognizes your capacitorbank. I installed the Space Astronomy modpack. It uses another name for the capacitorbank. I added it to my program.

You should be able to use it now ;) Just update the program.


Edited by Thor_s_Crafter, 18 May 2016 - 12:21 PM.


#8 Paddopaul

  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:36 AM

HelloThor_s_Crafter,

First of all, i love you're program works like a charm on our server.
I have one question: Is it possible to delay te Fuel rod adjustment at the first startup, because with big reactors with a lot of fuel rods he is overshooting it by 1 or 2.

I hope you can help me.

Greetings,
Paul

#9 JewNoodles

  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:23 PM

just wondering. can the user set the target speed that they are looking for out of the turbines?

i run all my turbines at 6280


works well :)

edit:
your code is wroking great!!!

this is what i have been running before i found your code and modified to run at my speed. just wanted to give you an idea on variable speeds :P


http://pastebin.com/VcpFw1DU




edi2: sooo many pastebins... also how do you edit your code? i cant edit it ingame. :(

Edited by JewNoodles, 03 June 2016 - 12:49 PM.


#10 Thor_s_Crafter

  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:34 PM

View PostPaddopaul, on 02 June 2016 - 11:36 AM, said:

HelloThor_s_Crafter,

First of all, i love you're program works like a charm on our server.
I have one question: Is it possible to delay te Fuel rod adjustment at the first startup, because with big reactors with a lot of fuel rods he is overshooting it by 1 or 2.

I hope you can help me.

Greetings,
Paul


This should be possible. How long should the delay be? I could set it to 2 or 3 seconds if this is better.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


View PostJewNoodles, on 03 June 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

just wondering. can the user set the target speed that they are looking for out of the turbines?

i run all my turbines at 6280


works well :)

edit:
your code is wroking great!!!

this is what i have been running before i found your code and modified to run at my speed. just wanted to give you an idea on variable speeds :P


http://pastebin.com/VcpFw1DU




edi2: sooo many pastebins... also how do you edit your code? i cant edit it ingame. :(


This is a great idea! I will add an option for this in one of the future updates!

I write this program in ecplise with the lua plugin. This makes it easier to get the structure in the code. It also has syntax highlighting and so on.

Edited by Thor_s_Crafter, 03 June 2016 - 01:37 PM.


#11 JewNoodles

  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:45 PM

i figured out what i needed to mod to make the turbines spin at the speed i wanted. your code structure is amazing.

http://pastebin.com/iKzit2xt

you know what file to replace ;) - then i turned off auto update


edit: i tried to get all fancy and add a variable. i think i broke more then i wanted to lol
edit2: http://pastebin.com/Dy7MaBuW
edit3: i broke it again -.-

Edited by JewNoodles, 03 June 2016 - 02:16 PM.


#12 Thor_s_Crafter

  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:53 PM

View PostJewNoodles, on 03 June 2016 - 01:45 PM, said:

i figured out what i needed to mod to make the turbines spin at the speed i wanted. your code structure is amazing.

http://pastebin.com/edit/0ngUcLL7

you know what file to replace ;) - then i turned off auto update

I try to keep the code structured ;) I know how to do it, because I study information systems (Informatik). :D

#13 JewNoodles

  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:34 PM

i keep getting errors now. ive updated the code so nothing of mine is around.

error:

getting all turbines to 1820 RPM...
turbineControl:421: attempt to compare _ _le on nil and number
start:169: end start


edit: just broke off pc and redownloaded your pastebin.
still happening


edit2: server just restarted and its working again? odddd

edit3: just realised that if i set the speed to 16280 that when it spins up to the speed it will not read out the correct speed for turbine 1 and turbine 7. it says 2082. they are at 20818.x off a whole decimal place off :P, must be rounding something some where.

Edited by JewNoodles, 03 June 2016 - 03:31 PM.


#14 Thor_s_Crafter

  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:09 PM

View PostJewNoodles, on 03 June 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

i keep getting errors now. ive updated the code so nothing of mine is around.

error:

getting all turbines to 1820 RPM...
turbineControl:421: attempt to compare _ _le on nil and number
start:169: end start


edit: just broke off pc and redownloaded your pastebin.
still happening


edit2: server just restarted and its working again? odddd

edit3: just realised that if i set the speed to 16280 that when it spins up to the speed it will not read out the correct speed for turbine 1 and turbine 7. it says 2082. they are at 20818.x off a whole decimal place off :P, must be rounding something some where.

That's interesting :huh: I'll have to figure out, what that rounding error is. Since I haven't yet implemented the adjustable speed thing, I have no idea why you get this error. We'll see how it will work. :)

#15 Paddopaul

  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:55 AM

View PostThor_s_Crafter, on 03 June 2016 - 01:34 PM, said:

View PostPaddopaul, on 02 June 2016 - 11:36 AM, said:

HelloThor_s_Crafter,

First of all, i love you're program works like a charm on our server.
I have one question: Is it possible to delay te Fuel rod adjustment at the first startup, because with big reactors with a lot of fuel rods he is overshooting it by 1 or 2.

I hope you can help me.

Greetings,
Paul


This should be possible. How long should the delay be? I could set it to 2 or 3 seconds if this is better.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


View PostJewNoodles, on 03 June 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

just wondering. can the user set the target speed that they are looking for out of the turbines?

i run all my turbines at 6280


works well :)

edit:
your code is wroking great!!!

this is what i have been running before i found your code and modified to run at my speed. just wanted to give you an idea on variable speeds :P


http://pastebin.com/VcpFw1DU




edi2: sooo many pastebins... also how do you edit your code? i cant edit it ingame. :(


This is a great idea! I will add an option for this in one of the future updates!

I write this program in ecplise with the lua plugin. This makes it easier to get the structure in the code. It also has syntax highlighting and so on.





If it is possible 3 seconds should be more then enough.
Thank you very much in advance.

Greetings,
Paul

#16 Bomb Bloke

    Hobbyist Coder

  • Moderators
  • 6,571 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 05 June 2016 - 08:17 AM

View PostThor_s_Crafter, on 03 June 2016 - 04:09 PM, said:

That's interesting :huh: I'll have to figure out, what that rounding error is. Since I haven't yet implemented the adjustable speed thing, I have no idea why you get this error. We'll see how it will work. :)

Your ComputerCraft version might be somewhat relevant here. There was an issue where floating point precision was a bit looser than it could've been... I believe it was CC 1.74 which improved matters.

#17 HadesDurin

  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:07 PM

let me thank you for this awesome programm you wrote.

i start a new big reactor with your computer programm, 1 Turbine 9*9*16 with 37 Enderium Blocks as Coils and a Draconic Evolution Tier 7 Energy Storage

here is what my reaktor looks like:
http://br.sidoh.org/...CG7EG5CG9E5G50E

problem is your programm runs my reaktor very hot over time starting at 100 and runs over 2300 C.
also my conversion rate is diffrent from what i have in the simulator (start around 0,058mB/t) and rises also with the tempretaure (over 0,065mb/t).
After checking the coils they are at 95% each and from what the simulator told me 97% are possible
is there a way to work towards the 97%?

#18 Thor_s_Crafter

  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:06 AM

View PostHadesDurin, on 08 June 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

let me thank you for this awesome programm you wrote.

i start a new big reactor with your computer programm, 1 Turbine 9*9*16 with 37 Enderium Blocks as Coils and a Draconic Evolution Tier 7 Energy Storage

here is what my reaktor looks like:
http://br.sidoh.org/...CG7EG5CG9E5G50E

problem is your programm runs my reaktor very hot over time starting at 100 and runs over 2300 C.
also my conversion rate is diffrent from what i have in the simulator (start around 0,058mB/t) and rises also with the tempretaure (over 0,065mb/t).
After checking the coils they are at 95% each and from what the simulator told me 97% are possible
is there a way to work towards the 97%?


I'm working on a lot of updates at the moment. Currently I'm reworking the calculation of the RodLevels. After the update the program will calculate the Steam output more precise and faster.
Just wait for it and delete your config (-> options) afterwards (hopefully it will get it to 97% after recalculating ;)).

I heard about some people having the problem with the reactor running hot, but at the moment I have no clue, why. I'll have to make some tests regarding this :ph34r:.

#19 HadesDurin

  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:49 AM

oddly to say that my version number is 0, didn't notice it befor.
after some monitoring i can say, that the higher heat levels come from the not used steam and the heating up of the reactor over time.
right now i added a second turbine and the rods are at 92%.
sadly the reactor simulator doesn't work at the moment because of some api messup.

another have in mind to suggest a config for showing the mb/t in nb/t i am using around 0,095mb/t at the moment and 95nb/t use less space and looks a bit nicer ;-)

additionally a display for reactor total steam production and fuel rod insertion will be nice as an additional option for manually inserting/retracting the rods

i appreciate your work, keep up with the cool coding.

#20 Thor_s_Crafter

  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:41 PM

I just updated the program to version 2.2. See the changelog (http://pastebin.com/h1G9tH7y) and my first thread here!
I fixed a lot of small things (e.g. the version number).





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users