BigReactors Turbine Control Program

63 replies to this topic

#41 Thor_s_Crafter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 August 2016 - 01:04 PM

Jup, that would be possible. I am planning to implement this in a future update.

#42 Koncrete

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:27 AM

How often does the program change rod insertion levels? Also, it's displaying steam incorrectly now although it's processing it correctly... at the reactor I am producing 32.00B/t the program reads 16 turbines and says calculating for 30,200 mb/t and displays that I am making 30,200mb/t even though I am producing and supplying the full 32,000mb/t needed for all 16 turbines. So it's working just displaying incorrectly

#43 Koncrete

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:35 AM

Got the best picture I could showing both screens with steam produced

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: 2016-08-08_22.33.10.jpg

#44 f000l

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:44 PM

I'm getting an error from the program when I restart it.
turbineControl.lua:325: bad argument: double expected, got nil
start.lua:182: end start

#45 Thor_s_Crafter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:26 PM

Yeah, that's obviously a visual bug. I should be able to fix it quick.

#46 Jorval832

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:57 AM

Hello Thor, love the program, it's been working flawlessly, until today.

Setup is fairly standard. Normal 7x7x7 reactor currently producing 4000mb per tick of steam. Two 7x7x17 turbines with 80 blades each.

Previously, I had 37 Enderium blocks in each turbine, which produced around 24kRF/tick at 1800 RPM. The computer monitor correctly displayed the RF output for each reactor flawlessly.

I recently found a source of Ludicrite in my sky block world and upgraded both turbines. I replaced the 37 Enderium blocks with 32 Ludicrite blocks in each turbine, and each one now produces over 28kRF/tick at 1780 RPM.

The problem is that the monitor doesn't correctly show the RF output of each turbine, and as such, it doesn't show the correct total output since it's adding together the incorrect outputs of both turbines. You can see from these screen shots.

When the program activates the reactor and engages the coils on the turbines, you see the RF/tick output of turbine #1 in this screenshot.

Posted Image

It shows 26,803 RF/tick, but when I move over to the turbine controller, it shows this.

Posted Image

As you can see, the reading from the turbine controller is not the same as the reading on the monitor. I've replaced the computer and downloaded a new program and restarted it, to no effect. I've replaced the modems, to no effect. I've replaced the 37 Enderium blocks back into each turbine, and the computer monitor reads the correct output from the turbines. It's almost as if once the turbine output goes over 25kRF/tick, the monitor isn't able to correctly display the output.

I've noticed something else strange, which these screenshots do not show. I've run the reactor with a setup that drains power faster than the two turbines can produce it, and at a certain point when the output stabilizes, the turbine controller shows an output of 28,524 RF/tick, and the monitor shows an output of 25,824 RF/tick. Once the output stabilizes stabilizes, the readings between the turbine controller and the monitor have the second and third digits swapped. I don't have that setup anymore, but I'm sure the readings were correct. I'm not sure if that's important or not.

I love the program, and hope there is some solution. It's still turning the reactor and turbines on and off as it should, so correctly displaying the RF output is a trivial thing, but call me nuts, as an engineer, it drives me a bit crazy. :)

Thanks for the help.

#47 Thor_s_Crafter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:57 PM

There is formatting bug for all of the numbers. I fixed it, but you have to wait for my next update.

#48 Jorval832

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:42 PM

Perfect. I'll happily wait. Thanks Thor.

#49 Thor_s_Crafter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:39 PM

Update 2.4 is released!
Have a look at my first thread for more information and my Update Video.
Thanks for using my program :)

#50 EnderN3x

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 12:25 AM

Hey I am having an issue connecting a draconic energy core. I have connected it to both a peripheral proxy and the pylon directly and whenever I attempt to start the program it'll say "Energy Storage Not Found!" Any idea why this is happening?

#51 TheRockettek

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • LocationRem is best girl

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:09 AM

Its not supported et most probrably. Or coz you didnt activate the modem

#52 Thor_s_Crafter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:15 AM

Can you tell me the "name" of the energy core? It shows up in the chat, when you connect the modem to one of the pylons. Probably your name is different from what the computer can detect, because you are playing a modpack, that changed it.

#53 Ironkovacs

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:57 AM

on minecraft v. 1.6.4 (tekkit) i got this error after lang select :

git:74: attempt to index (a nil value)

it was the same with the program you've posted under your vid.

I'm rly begginer with comp craft, just saw your awesome project and want to try it

if anybody has a solution please contact me

still not working for me on MC 1.6.4 (Tekkit classic)
any ideas?

Edited by Bomb Bloke, 28 November 2016 - 04:45 AM.

#54 Jorval832

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 02:31 AM

Just installed the update, thanks for getting us a new version Thor.

I followed the English language version to install it and it installed just fine using the same computer I had version 2.3 installed on. Once installing though, I noticed that the same number problem I reported earlier was still there, as you can see from the screenshot. Both the turbine value and the total value were incorrect.

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can see that the version has updated to 2.4, but it's still having the same problem.

I installed two more turbines, up to the maximum steam limit for my reactor, and then I destroyed the computer, and placed a new one. I ran the installer, and this is what I see now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see, the individual turbine value is still incorrect. It's reading 26,863 RF/tick when the turbine controller reads 28,669 RF/tick. however, the total of 114,648 is the correct total of all four turbines operating at once. There are slight variation in the turbine speeds, and RF/tick on each one, but 28,669 x 4 = 114,676, which is close to the total you display, and is probably correct considering the slight variation on each turbine.

So, I had to break the computer and replace it with a new one to get the number readout bug to correct itself. It also only corrected the total value for the turbines, not the value of each individual turbine.

I hope this makes sense. Make no mistake, I'm just trying to help out with any issues I see, I love the program, and will use it going forward. Thanks for all the hard work you put in on this.

#55 Thor_s_Crafter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:30 AM

minecraft v. 1.6.4 (tekkit)

The program is designed to work with ComputerCraft 1.7. So, you need Minecraft 1.7.10 to run the program.
Earlier versions are not supported. So, you can't use the program in Tekkit.

#56 Dispelnator

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:58 PM

nice program xD ty thor

#57 Ronnie Soak

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:08 PM

Hey, großartiges Programm, so ziemlich das was ich schon immer gesucht hab :)
ich hab nur ein Problem. Aus irgendeinem Grund erstellt das Programm keine Config-Datei.
Heißt ich muss es nach jedem Start der Welt das Programm neu initialisieren und meine einstellungen neu machen.
Gibts dafür irgendeine Lösung ?

Eng:
Hey, awesome Programm, exactly what i was loocking for :)
i only have one problem: For some reason the programm isnt creating a config-file.
Means i have to reconfig the program every time i load up the world.
Do u have any tips to solve that ?

Edited by Ronnie Soak, 28 December 2016 - 07:58 PM.

#58 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:55 PM

This is a primarily English-speaking forum, so please include an English translation with foreign-language posts, even if it's just a Google Translate one.

#59 crazygun1332

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:43 AM

i have set up your progrm but it wont read my teir 7 draconic storage, i have made sure all modems are on, and have tried rebuilding and reboot ing various times any help please

#60 InfinityGamer22

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:48 PM

View PostJewNoodles, on 03 June 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

i keep getting errors now. ive updated the code so nothing of mine is around.

error:

getting all turbines to 1820 RPM...
turbineControl:421: attempt to compare _ _le on nil and number
start:169: end start

edit: just broke off pc and redownloaded your pastebin.
still happening

edit2: server just restarted and its working again? odddd

edit3: just realised that if i set the speed to 16280 that when it spins up to the speed it will not read out the correct speed for turbine 1 and turbine 7. it says 2082. they are at 20818.x off a whole decimal place off :P, must be rounding something some where.
I have the same problem.
When I go far from my turbines, that error shows up.
If I reconnect all my turbines, and restart the computer, it works again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users