edu API Page

6 replies to this topic

#1 Selim

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationHiding in Online Storage

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:27 PM

If you are using the Beginner's Turtle from CCEdu, and terminate the default IDE program, you can access a typical CraftOS shell. Though, it has access to an extra API, the edu API. I recommend adding a page for this API, of course noting how it is accessed and how it is only accessible on Beginner's Turtles.

I also recommend adding the "edu_" events to the event page.

Edited by Selim, 18 May 2016 - 09:45 PM.

#2 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:03 PM

maybe have all edu stuff on one page?

#3 Selim

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:10 PM

Yea, that would work too. Nearly anything is better than no documentation in my opinion.

Edited by Selim, 18 May 2016 - 10:22 PM.

#4 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:55 AM

Truth be told, I've mostly been putting this off because I'm convinced the amount of time spent documenting the custom API / events would far exceed the amount of time anyone'll spend using them. They're there to make the Beginner Turtle editor work and that's pretty much it.

CCEdu needs multiple pages, though. Stuff like the crafting recipe for Beginner Turtles, and how to use the Visual Editor and library system; that's the sort of thing regular users are interested in.

#5 dan200

• Administrators
  • 542 posts
  • LocationCambridge, England

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:43 AM

I'd definitely love to see some CCEdu content on the wiki :) But the "edu" API isn't really supposed to be user facing, it would be much more useful to document/tutorialise how to use the Visual Editor and what all the tiles do.

#6 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:34 PM

I'm on the wiki? I think? Should I document it?

#7 Selim

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:46 PM

View PostDannySMc, on 26 May 2016 - 12:34 PM, said:

I'm on the wiki? I think? Should I document it?
If you feel like it, have fun. I thought about getting edit privileges so that I can do it, but that would have to be after high school graduation in two weeks so I have more time. Though, knowing me, I would probably never end up doing it, so, have fun if you choose to!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users