Can't Scroll (Page Up/Page Down) in Computer Console

computer peripheral

3 replies to this topic

#1 Xnihil0

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:34 PM

I'm having trouble getting started with computer craft. I'm try to make CC and AE work together with open peripherals but when I use peripheral.getMethods("back") or help back it gives me a long list of functions but cuts off the top half of the information. In the program editor I can scroll using Page Up and Page Down if I disable NEI, but I can't scroll in the console. Am I missing something or do I need to figure out a workaround to only display half the information at a time?

#2 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:22 PM

The console is not normally scrollable. Your best bet would be to write the data to a file instead of to the screen.

Edit: Elaborating a bit. It'd look like this:

local file = fs.open( "output" )
file.write( textutils.serialize( peripheral.getMethods( "back" ) ) )
file.close()

Edited by KingofGamesYami, 20 May 2016 - 10:27 PM.

#3 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:46 PM

textutils.pagedTabulate(peripheral.getMethods("back")) will give you a manageable list that doesn't scroll back but allows you to scroll forward with the space bar.

#4 Xnihil0

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:04 AM

Thank you both, Dog's solution solved my problem. I don't yet understand KingofGamesYami's solution but I haven't considered messing with file system stuff yet, so I'm sure I'll learn about it as time goes on and be able to utilize saving the information later.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users