Jump to content




Axiom - The easy to use UI/OS

utility

168 replies to this topic

Poll: poll

What's next for Axiom?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Nothy

  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:09 PM

Posted Image


Axiom, now with desktop icons.

(thanks for 20k views)


Axiom is now co-developed with LDDestroier!


Axiom is the way to go if you like having advanced things made simpler for you. Or simply love having top-notch security at the press of a button.

Axiom has been carefully constructed to be simple to use, yet very powerful at it's core.

Install using:

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nothjarnan/axiom/master/install.lua install.lua
install.lua master -r

If you prefer the older version:

 pastebin run 2nlqrssd 


Features

  • Security is high priority, therefore it's rather difficult to break into this OS.
  • Axiom has tons of settings such as System settings, Custom APIs for developers, the way Axiom boots, and so on. You're in control.
  • Custom backgrounds (name list down below)
  • SHA-256 password hashing
  • Error handling, so your experience is as smooth as possible.
  • File Explorer
  • LuaIDE code editor for fast and efficient work.
  • Program store
  • Desktop icons
  • Native support for CCLite
  • Screen replication to external monitors
Updated screenshots can be found here.
Requirements
Screenshots (OLD)
Extra credits
License
Important for people with slow connections

Edited by Nothy, 14 July 2018 - 12:16 PM.


#2 Cloud Ninja

  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:42 PM

Whenever i try to boot i get an error, no such image default.axg

#3 Nothy

  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:43 PM

View PostCloudNinja, on 20 May 2016 - 10:42 PM, said:

Whenever i try to boot i get an error, no such image default.axg
That's strange, because it should be fixed. Hmm. Try reinstalling :/

#4 Nothy

  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:48 PM

The problem has now been fixed and it should work by now. So anyone who has installed it without success needs to reinstall :/

#5 supernicejohn

  • Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:08 PM

Might want to mention that it deletes everything on the computer, could be inconvenient if something else is installed on it =P

#6 Nothy

  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:26 PM

You can simply remove the -format parameter :P

#7 Cloud Ninja

  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:50 AM

View PostNothy, on 20 May 2016 - 11:26 PM, said:

You can simply remove the -format parameter :P
May want to mention that in the main post.

Another bug: Clicking the Q in the top to open the menu and hitting programs crashes it.

Edit: Nevermind, doesnt seem to crash, but it boots me back to login.

Edited by CloudNinja, 21 May 2016 - 12:52 AM.


#8 Nothy

  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 21 May 2016 - 01:22 AM

View PostCloudNinja, on 21 May 2016 - 12:50 AM, said:

View PostNothy, on 20 May 2016 - 11:26 PM, said:

You can simply remove the -format parameter :P
May want to mention that in the main post.

Another bug: Clicking the Q in the top to open the menu and hitting programs crashes it.

Edit: Nevermind, doesnt seem to crash, but it boots me back to login.
The program menu is glitchy right now, I'm aware of this bug :)

#9 Waitdev_

  • Members
  • 432 posts
  • LocationWherever you want me to be

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:08 AM

Name sounds familiar...

Spoiler

On topic:
I can't change the background colour, if i type something then hit enter, it will just go back to the default.axg but will show it in red. Nevermind, Updating will fix this.

Also, I accidentally clicked on the add user API, so I couldn't get out and I had to just press enter, after doing that twice, axiom crashed:
Posted Image

Try making a function that will cancel the read input when the user does nothing in it for that part.

Also, I don't really like how I can't access the file system even after being logged in.
Again also, does the system do anything while it's showing the logo? If not, how about making it check for updates while it loads?

Apart from all that, I like the OS and I think it might have a good future. :)

Edited by Waitdev_, 21 May 2016 - 10:26 AM.


#10 Nothy

  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:08 PM

Quote

Again also, does the system do anything while it's showing the logo? If not, how about making it check for updates while it loads?
It does actually do stuff while it's showing the logo, it loads the APIs, checks for missing files and deletes temporary log files and such.[

Quote

Also, I accidentally clicked on the add user API, so I couldn't get out and I had to just press enter, after doing that twice, axiom crashed:
That is a strange bug, I'll have a look into that in a lil bit. The file system is hopefully going to be able to be accessed soon, also thank you for so much feedback :D

#11 Nothy

  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:15 PM

View PostWaitdev_, on 21 May 2016 - 10:08 AM, said:

Also, I accidentally clicked on the add user API, so I couldn't get out and I had to just press enter, after doing that twice, axiom crashed:

Try making a function that will cancel the read input when the user does nothing in it for that part.

It has now been fixed, simply pressing enter once will cancel the read input. :)

#12 Nothy

  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:06 PM

Fixed a bug with the update window, it should now be fixed. :D

#13 Waitdev_

  • Members
  • 432 posts
  • LocationWherever you want me to be

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:55 PM

View PostNothy, on 21 May 2016 - 02:08 PM, said:

Quote

Again also, does the system do anything while it's showing the logo? If not, how about making it check for updates while it loads?
It does actually do stuff while it's showing the logo, it loads the APIs, checks for missing files and deletes temporary log files and such.[

Quote

Also, I accidentally clicked on the add user API, so I couldn't get out and I had to just press enter, after doing that twice, axiom crashed:
That is a strange bug, I'll have a look into that in a lil bit. The file system is hopefully going to be able to be accessed soon, also thank you for so much feedback :D

View PostNothy, on 21 May 2016 - 02:15 PM, said:

View PostWaitdev_, on 21 May 2016 - 10:08 AM, said:

Also, I accidentally clicked on the add user API, so I couldn't get out and I had to just press enter, after doing that twice, axiom crashed:

Try making a function that will cancel the read input when the user does nothing in it for that part.

It has now been fixed, simply pressing enter once will cancel the read input. :)

Awesome :D

#14 Nothy

  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 22 May 2016 - 01:02 PM

Changes in version A13f:
  • Major bugfixes, terminating in the login screen no longer causes an error
  • CraftOS shell can now be accessed via the boot manager and home screen
  • Load times sort of reduced.
  • Pressing enter in the API download setting will now cancel it unless text is written.
  • Clicking programs no longer crashes Axiom
  • Installer now has a "-newgui" parameter and a "-debug" parameter. -newgui allows the user to have a setup gui (only visual) and -debug forces Axiom into safeStart mode right away.
  • A new feature is to be added in A13g, it will add a file browser and a few new minor settings related to updates and the file browser. Along with better log handling.
Cheers! If you have any feedback, feel free to tell me. I'm always open for improvements :)

#15 Nothy

  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:02 PM

Changes in version A13g:
  • Added a file browser (BETA)
That's literally it. Right click to run a file, left click to edit.

#16 Nothy

  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:06 AM

Changes in A13h
+ Added more features to the file browser:
  • File details
  • File type
  • Add file
  • Delete file
  • Add folder
  • Added file protection
  • Added ability to identify APIs
  • Rom is hidden now, as it is completely useless
  • Added computer ID in search bar
  • Added LuaIDE (Credits to GravityScore)
- Removed encrypted User file names.
- Updated boot animation.
- Prepared for larger patch.

Edited by Nothy, 24 May 2016 - 08:14 AM.


#17 Waitdev_

  • Members
  • 432 posts
  • LocationWherever you want me to be

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:33 AM

View PostNothy, on 24 May 2016 - 08:06 AM, said:

Changes in A13h
+ Added more features to the file browser:
  • File details
  • File type
  • Add file
  • Delete file
  • Add folder
  • Added file protection
  • Added ability to identify APIs
  • Rom is hidden now, as it is completely useless
  • Added computer ID in search bar
  • Added LuaIDE (Credits to GravityScore)
- Removed encrypted User file names.
- Updated boot animation.
- Prepared for larger patch.

Awesome :D

#18 Nothy

  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:08 AM

View PostWaitdev_, on 24 May 2016 - 08:33 AM, said:

View PostNothy, on 24 May 2016 - 08:06 AM, said:

Changes in A13h
+ Added more features to the file browser:
  • File details
  • File type
  • Add file
  • Delete file
  • Add folder
  • Added file protection
  • Added ability to identify APIs
  • Rom is hidden now, as it is completely useless
  • Added computer ID in search bar
  • Added LuaIDE (Credits to GravityScore)
- Removed encrypted User file names.
- Updated boot animation.
- Prepared for larger patch.

Awesome :D

Thank you :D

#19 Nothy

  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:28 AM

Changes in Beta B1a:
  • Stability improvements
  • Improved file browser further
  • LuaIDE now comes with Axiom by default.


#20 Blue

  • Members
  • 309 posts
  • LocationGlass/UX/main.lua

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:05 PM

This keeps getting better and better! :D





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users