Pine3D - Best performing 3d graphics library for CC!

api lua

65 replies to this topic

#61 roger109z

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCali beetch

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:04 PM

Xelostar, on 19 February 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

roger109z, on 19 February 2018 - 05:20 AM, said:

would it be possible for you to give a little documentation on the API? like what the arguments are and such
thanks in advance!
Yes, some people have asked me now. It's fairly simple, so I assumed people would be able to figure it out, but I understand a documentation could be very helpful. It's coming soon. :)
Another thing:
could you make an option to rotate on the X axis?
also I noticed while making a model it's hard to know which axis something shows on
The API looks amazing so far though!

#62 Xella

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationOn Earth

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:06 PM

Another thing:
could you make an option to rotate on the X axis?
Yes, that was pretty much the next thing together with textures, but I don't think I'll implement texture support, because I know it will be very slow. (However someone wanted to help me with this and he thought it would be possible without too much lag, so I might still try when I haev time). Also shaders would be nice :P
Uhm, the rotation would be on the Z axis btw (not the X axis)

also I noticed while making a model it's hard to know which axis something shows on
The API looks amazing so far though!
For the backface culling? Yeah, I had that too. I just made the models at once and then I swapped all the ones that were wrong. I don't know if there's an easier way. Maybe if someone made a modelling program :P
Thanks for the compliment! :D

EDIT: quotes messed up, but you still get my point ;)

Edited by Xelostar, 19 February 2018 - 10:07 PM.

#63 roger109z

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCali beetch

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:05 AM

Xelostar, on 19 February 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

For the backface culling? Yeah, I had that too. I just made the models at once and then I swapped all the ones that were wrong. I don't know if there's an easier way. Maybe if someone made a modelling program :P
Thanks for the compliment! :D

EDIT: quotes messed up, but you still get my point ;)
maybe you could have an option while making the face to set which way it faces? I don't really know how this would be stored though
Also you deserve it this API is super cool!
EDIT: I am attempting to make a game with your api, kind of like a tdm/ffa first person shooter btw

Edited by roger109z, 20 February 2018 - 01:28 AM.

#64 Xella

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationOn Earth

Posted 22 February 2018 - 11:43 PM

roger109z, on 20 February 2018 - 12:05 AM, said:

maybe you could have an option while making the face to set which way it faces? I don't really know how this would be stored though
Also you deserve it this API is super cool!
EDIT: I am attempting to make a game with your api, kind of like a tdm/ffa first person shooter btw

Could be, but that would make it more confusing. Swapping coordinates is easier I think?
I'm not quite sure what the best way would be either, but I know LDDestroier is attempting to make some sort of program that helps you make models.
Good luck with your game! I'm always here if you've got any questions!

#65 Xella

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationOn Earth

Posted 22 July 2018 - 02:29 PM

I just updated the API to version 0.5.1! =D

#66 Xella

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationOn Earth

Posted 29 August 2021 - 10:51 PM

Posted Image

I'm rewriting this library from scratch. Commenting to bump, and show my results so far.
Please join the Discord for regular updates :D

https://discord.gg/MjsNjK2psB

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users