Puzzle Game!

6 replies to this topic

#1 PossieTV

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:51 PM

So I got really bored a few days ago and decided to make this. If you've ever played one of those picture puzzles where you rotate the pieces, its a lot like that. I actually intended it to be Infinity Loop (its an android game) in CC. The package comes with five levels although it's super easy to make more with PuzzleEditor. I intentionally made it simple so that you can use it for more than a game. I was using shell.run to make puzzle locked doors.

Screenshots
Spoiler

Pastebin
Spoiler

Edited by PossieTV, 11 June 2016 - 11:34 PM.

#2 Emma

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Locationtmpim

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:53 PM

Awesome! I love Infinity Loop, and it works surprisingly well in CC. Great work!

A couple suggestions:
  • Implement a buffer, or just don't redraw the entire screen every time you press something to reduce flicker
  • In the puzzle editor, reset the background color before drawing the "Press control to access menu" as sometimes it goes green and is distracting
Overall a great game though!

Edited by Incinirate, 11 June 2016 - 08:57 PM.

#3 Emma

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Locationtmpim

Posted 11 June 2016 - 09:19 PM

Found a bug in the win detection:
Spoiler

#4 PossieTV

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:33 PM

Incinirate, on 11 June 2016 - 08:53 PM, said:

Awesome! I love Infinity Loop, and it works surprisingly well in CC. Great work!

A couple suggestions:
  • Implement a buffer, or just don't redraw the entire screen every time you press something to reduce flicker
  • In the puzzle editor, reset the background color before drawing the "Press control to access menu" as sometimes it goes green and is distracting
Overall a great game though!

Fixed the editor and added the buffer. I actually already fixed the editor, I just forgot to change the pastebin code in the package xD.

As to the bug, I have no idea why that's happening, does that happen every time, or just with that level?

#5 supernicejohn

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:39 AM

If anyone is up for a challenge: http://pastebin.com/PYdfC06A <- Yes it works.
Really good game, and the editor is cool! :)

#6 PossieTV

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:51 AM

Incinirate, on 11 June 2016 - 09:19 PM, said:

Found a bug in the win detection:
Spoiler

Ok I think I know what the bug is. Somewhere along the line in the PuzzleEditor it changes all the sides to all left, do you guys have any idea why that might be happening? Cause I am stumped.

Also, great level, it took me a while to beat it.

Edited by PossieTV, 12 June 2016 - 01:52 AM.

#7 Emma

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Locationtmpim

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:52 AM

PossieTV, on 11 June 2016 - 11:33 PM, said:

--snip--
As to the bug, I have no idea why that's happening, does that happen every time, or just with that level?

As far as I can tell, it is just that level, but it is strange.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users