Jump to content




[Results in!] CCJam 2016


203 replies to this topic

#1 3d6

  • Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:28 PM

Results

Thanks to everyone who participated, and congratulations to this year's winner, Lemmmy!



Every year's CCJam has been exponentially more successful than the last. With that in mind, I am proud to announce CCJam 2016 with high hopes!

CCJam 2016

Live site

What is CCJam?
CCJam is an annual ComputerCraft programming contest, held since 2013. People of all skill levels are encouraged to participate! Per tradition, players livestream their progress on Twitch or YouTube, but this is not required.

When is it?
This year's event will start on Friday, June 24. This is when you should start working on your program, and optionally, livestream it!
You'll have until Saturday, July 2 to finish and submit your program to the judges. Even if you don't finish it by then, you are still recommended to submit it anyways, because you'll get very valuable insight and advice from the judges.
You can see a live countdown on the CCJam homepage.

How do I join?
Post a reply here saying that you would like to join! Optionally, include a link to your project's future livestream and repository. Remember, you can't start working on your project until Friday, June 24, although you are allowed to use APIs that were released to the public on or before the date of this post.

The Judges:
  • 3d6 - founder of Krist
  • 1lann - founder of Firewolf
  • oeed - founder of OneOS
  • Lur_ - owner of LurCraft
  • apemanzilla - returning judge from CCJam 2014
How are programs judged?
The judges will grade your program based on 5 categories. Your program's final score is the average of the scores that you have received from the 5 judges. The 5 categories are:
  • Creativity (0-3)
  • Usefulness (0-10), or if it's a game, Fun (0-10)
  • Design (0-6)
  • Speed (0-4)
  • Functionality (0-10)
Note that, starting this year, the Functionality score cannot be higher than the Usefulness/Fun score.
The top 3 programs will receive medals - either gold, silver, or bronze. These are currently the most prestigious awards given by any organization in ComputerCraft. These top 3 placements also come with prize money in the form of Krist, as an extra bonus.

Live chat

Edited by 3d6, 30 July 2016 - 04:28 AM.


#2 Lignum

  • Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:30 PM

Nice, sign me up please.

Repo: https://github.com/Lignumm/CCJam-2016

#3 Lemmmy

  • Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:34 PM

epic, sign me up i'm in for this

https://github.com/Lemmmy/CCJam-2016

#4 justync7

  • Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationCLGD

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:36 PM

can i bribe you with krist
https://github.com/justync7/CCJam-2016

#5 H4X0RZ

  • Members
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:17 PM

I'm in too https://github.com/T...Lord/CCJam-2016 :3

#6 FoxData

  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:28 PM

I'm Up but i have no repo.

#7 CrazedProgrammer

  • Members
  • 495 posts
  • LocationWageningen, The Netherlands

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:49 PM

I'm in! :D
https://github.com/C...mmer/CCJam-2016

Edited by CrazedProgrammer, 12 June 2016 - 06:57 PM.


#8 Creator

    Mad Dash Victor

  • Members
  • 2,168 posts
  • LocationYou will never find me, muhahahahahaha

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:17 PM

Add me too!

My repo.

#9 Lupus590

  • Members
  • 1,990 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:34 PM

I want to have a go at this but should work on Hive. Maybe I should add this date to my calendar and work on Hive at the same time as the rest of you are working on your projects.

#10 Incinirate

  • Members
  • 216 posts
  • LocationDanktown, Memeland

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:34 PM

Sign me up!

https://github.com/i...rate/CCJam-2016

#11 H4X0RZ

  • Members
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:38 PM

So we are allowed to use any API released until CCJam starts?

#12 Anavrins

  • Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:48 PM

I'm unsure of my availability that week, but I'll sign up anyway!
https://github.com/x...rins/CCJam-2016

#13 3d6

  • Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:55 PM

View PostH4X0RZ, on 12 June 2016 - 08:38 PM, said:

So we are allowed to use any API released until CCJam starts?
The rules for ComputerCraft APIs are that they must have been released to the public on or before the date of this thread's OP, and they must clearly be an API or utility. If it has a thread in the APIs and Utilities section right now, it's most likely eligible to be used!

#14 SGunner2014

  • Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationMaidstone, UK

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:19 PM

I'd like to join please. https://github.com/S...014/CC-Jam-2016

#15 H4X0RZ

  • Members
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:22 PM

View Post3d6, on 12 June 2016 - 08:55 PM, said:

View PostH4X0RZ, on 12 June 2016 - 08:38 PM, said:

So we are allowed to use any API released until CCJam starts?
The rules for ComputerCraft APIs are that they must have been released to the public on or before the date of this thread's OP, and they must clearly be an API or utility. If it has a thread in the APIs and Utilities section right now, it's most likely eligible to be used!

Are my "RandomUtils" allowed too? http://www.computerc...ge__pid__236445

Edited by H4X0RZ, 12 June 2016 - 09:35 PM.


#16 3d6

  • Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:26 PM

View PostH4X0RZ, on 12 June 2016 - 09:22 PM, said:

View Post3d6, on 12 June 2016 - 08:55 PM, said:

View PostH4X0RZ, on 12 June 2016 - 08:38 PM, said:

So we are allowed to use any API released until CCJam starts?
The rules for ComputerCraft APIs are that they must have been released to the public on or before the date of this thread's OP, and they must clearly be an API or utility. If it has a thread in the APIs and Utilities section right now, it's most likely eligible to be used!

Are my "RandomUtils" a allowed too? http://www.computerc...ge__pid__236445

Yes, those will be just fine :)

#17 H4X0RZ

  • Members
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:36 PM

View Post3d6, on 12 June 2016 - 09:26 PM, said:

View PostH4X0RZ, on 12 June 2016 - 09:22 PM, said:

View Post3d6, on 12 June 2016 - 08:55 PM, said:

View PostH4X0RZ, on 12 June 2016 - 08:38 PM, said:

So we are allowed to use any API released until CCJam starts?
The rules for ComputerCraft APIs are that they must have been released to the public on or before the date of this thread's OP, and they must clearly be an API or utility. If it has a thread in the APIs and Utilities section right now, it's most likely eligible to be used!

Are my "RandomUtils" a allowed too? http://www.computerc...ge__pid__236445

Yes, those will be just fine :)/>

Yay! Atleast I won't have to write all these little utility functions at the top of my script now :3

#18 oeed

    Oversimplifier

  • Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 12 June 2016 - 11:23 PM

HYPE HYPE HYPE!

I'd initially thought that it'd run after CraftOS 2 comes out, but it looks like we might be waiting sometime for that!

If you're open to having me as a judge I wouldn't mind joining the panel, if you don't want anymore though it's fine.

#19 ebernerd

  • Members
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:18 AM

Never participated in anything like this, and haven't programmed anything computercraft related in a year. We'll see how this goes. :)

#20 KingofGamesYami

  • Members
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:39 AM

Honestly I might not end up making anything, as I have a possibility of IRL commitments. However, as of today I plan to participate.

Repository





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users