Adv. MT Programm for modded MC

turtle help lua

8 replies to this topic

#1 Chaoschaot234

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:33 AM

Hi together,

I wanna setup my advanced mining turtel but I can't find any programm which seems to have support for the mining level's specified by TC and Iguana Tweaks
so I am not shure if the turtle would mine all ores even if there is no mining level set on the turtel self - recipe seem only to work with a diamond pickaxe but
in my config it is not allowed to use normal tools like wood/stone/gold/diamond pickaxex/axes/shovels (ore many other ones from Metallurgy 4) to mine with
them which means they won't trigger any block break event.

I hope that there still is a programm because it's a new SP world and I have actually no power source to use the BC Query :/.

Hoping that there is a solution for this.

#2 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:48 AM

If your modpack is configured so that turtles may not harvest the blocks you're interested in, then there's nothing any script can do about that.

If you're not sure whether it'll work, then we certainly can't tell you - stick a turtle in front of one of the blocks in concern, run turtle.dig() in the Lua console, see what happens.

#3 Chaoschaot234

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:56 AM

How bad - then I've to change this in the config but must search for this value because I dunno who it is stored :/.
Tested it with Orichalcum Ore which requires a pickaxe with cobalt mining lvl.

Thought that I foundet the place in the config from Iguana Tweaks or TC but there is nothing for CC :/ - any other Idea?

Edited by Chaoschaot234, 17 June 2016 - 08:32 AM.

#4 Selim

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationHiding in Online Storage

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:44 PM

I assume this is Iguana Tweaks that is stopping vanilla tools from working? If so, I am pretty sure the Mining Turtle doesn't care, and will use a Diamond Pickaxe and mine whatever it wants (omitting Bedrock and similar of course).

#5 Chaoschaot234

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:37 PM

View PostSelim, on 17 June 2016 - 01:44 PM, said:

I assume this is Iguana Tweaks that is stopping vanilla tools from working? If so, I am pretty sure the Mining Turtle doesn't care, and will use a Diamond Pickaxe and mine whatever it wants (omitting Bedrock and similar of course).

Normaly this will be true but like I have written in my last post it don't do it so it is restricted and can only be harvest ores under a certain mining level.
But actually cobalt or ardite are working :/ ...

#6 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:30 PM

If you have control over your modlist, CC-Tweaks adds a "tool host" which allows a turtle to use any tool - including the pickaxe you need.

#7 Chaoschaot234

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:36 PM

View PostKingofGamesYami, on 17 June 2016 - 05:30 PM, said:

If you have control over your modlist, CC-Tweaks adds a "tool host" which allows a turtle to use any tool - including the pickaxe you need.

Sure and it looks greate so I'll test it. It should be then possible to use any CC-Programm listed here to can use it? Because CC Tweaks changes CC
if I am right from what I have read.

I hope, that my BigReactors Control Programm are working fine becuase without it the server crashed while there was a problem with updating the
CC-Adv.-Monitor ... was kinda bad because there is not a rly better ones if I compare this mod with the ability from OpenComputers which lets u
control your turbines over WLAN ^^.

I'll report soon after installed the mod and tested ist :)

#8 Selim

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationHiding in Online Storage

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:43 PM

View PostChaoschaot234, on 17 June 2016 - 04:37 PM, said:

--snip--
When I said:

Mining Turtle doesn't care
I was serious. Mining Turtles do not care about mining level. They will mine whatever they want regardless of mining level. Cobalt andardite, as you have said, work, and they have a higher mining level than a Diamond Pickaxe.

Now, when I re-read your post and saw you assuming it was something to do with the block break event, it reminded me of an issue that Turtles have that they don't actually fire the proper event. This causes some issues with mods that try and put permissions on blocks. So, I was thinking, that cannot be right, so I went to testing.

Now, when I started up a testing world, I made one with Iguana Tinker Tweaks, and one without. I had a Turtle mine an Orichalcum Ore in each, and in both worlds, it had the same result of the ore, just disappearing. This isn't an issue with Iguana Tinker Tweaks that can be solved in a config anywhere, nor do I think it is an issue with ComputerCraft itself. It seems to me to be an issue with Metallurgy. Though, I didn't do a ton of research, just some simple testing. I could be wrong.

Edit: Damn. I was fully convinced I was right. I did a bit more testing, including turning down the mining level for Orichalcum Ore in the configs, and then it worked. I apologize for the mistake. I'm then thinking that Mining Turtles go a few levels above the Diamond Pickaxe mining level, but not as high as Orichalcum Ore.

Edited by Selim, 18 June 2016 - 12:26 AM.

#9 Chaoschaot234

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:30 AM

View PostSelim, on 17 June 2016 - 11:43 PM, said:

View PostChaoschaot234, on 17 June 2016 - 04:37 PM, said:

--snip--
When I said:

Mining Turtle doesn't care
I was serious. Mining Turtles do not care about mining level. They will mine whatever they want regardless of mining level. Cobalt andardite, as you have said, work, and they have a higher mining level than a Diamond Pickaxe.

Now, when I re-read your post and saw you assuming it was something to do with the block break event, it reminded me of an issue that Turtles have that they don't actually fire the proper event. This causes some issues with mods that try and put permissions on blocks. So, I was thinking, that cannot be right, so I went to testing.

Now, when I started up a testing world, I made one with Iguana Tinker Tweaks, and one without. I had a Turtle mine an Orichalcum Ore in each, and in both worlds, it had the same result of the ore, just disappearing. This isn't an issue with Iguana Tinker Tweaks that can be solved in a config anywhere, nor do I think it is an issue with ComputerCraft itself. It seems to me to be an issue with Metallurgy. Though, I didn't do a ton of research, just some simple testing. I could be wrong.

Edit: Damn. I was fully convinced I was right. I did a bit more testing, including turning down the mining level for Orichalcum Ore in the configs, and then it worked. I apologize for the mistake. I'm then thinking that Mining Turtles go a few levels above the Diamond Pickaxe mining level, but not as high as Orichalcum Ore.

Not the problem. We are only ppl and doing mistakes all the hole time we live ^^.

I am not shure if it's good to set the mining lvl vor the diamond pickaxe higher then the actually ones is. Using CCTweaker is a good Option I think which I am tring just right now out (is there anything todo if I add the mod after the world was generated?).

Give me a few mins to check it out :).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users