Jump to content




[MC 1.8.9-1.11.2] Plethora


70 replies to this topic

#61 xFreak666

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:04 AM

Can you add support for Thermal Expansion please. btw i'm really thankful for this mod i've been searching for OpenPeripherals alternative for ages and i accidentally found out about your mod in a curse comment section , Thanks a lot !
EDIT : Also i would love to know how to wrap a mob in the neutral interface.

Edited by xFreak666, 14 June 2017 - 12:26 AM.


#62 SquidDev

  • Members
  • 1,072 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:53 AM

View PostxFreak666, on 14 June 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

Can you add support for Thermal Expansion please. btw i'm really thankful for this mod i've been searching for OpenPeripherals alternative for ages and i accidentally found out about your mod in a curse comment section , Thanks a lot !
Hrmrmr, Thermal Expansion should work fine. What version of it are you running - there was a bug in their code which stopped Plethora from working, but it should be fixed in the latest build.

View PostxFreak666, on 14 June 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

Also i would love to know how to wrap a mob in the neutral interface.
There is some documentation on how to achieve this on the website. If you have any questions beyond that, feel free to ask - I'm aware that it is a little lacking in places :/.

#63 xFreak666

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:54 AM

View PostSquidDev, on 14 June 2017 - 06:53 AM, said:

View PostxFreak666, on 14 June 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

Can you add support for Thermal Expansion please. btw i'm really thankful for this mod i've been searching for OpenPeripherals alternative for ages and i accidentally found out about your mod in a curse comment section , Thanks a lot !
Hrmrmr, Thermal Expansion should work fine. What version of it are you running - there was a bug in their code which stopped Plethora from working, but it should be fixed in the latest build.

I just updated Thermal Expansion and it works Thanks ! :D

View PostSquidDev, on 14 June 2017 - 06:53 AM, said:

View PostxFreak666, on 14 June 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

Also i would love to know how to wrap a mob in the neutral interface.
There is some documentation on how to achieve this on the website. If you have any questions beyond that, feel free to ask - I'm aware that it is a little lacking in places :/.

Yeah , i did all the steps mentioned in the documentation , however , what i'd love to know is the coding part. I've hooked up a chicken with a neutral interface , add a kinetic augment opened the neutral interface's gui but i cant figure out how to peripheral.wrap it to a variable to start playing with the methods.

Anyway thanks for the quick reply.

#64 Bomb Bloke

    Hobbyist Coder

  • Moderators
  • 6,695 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:43 AM

If you type "peripherals" into the command line, you'll get a list of all available devices, along with their types. See this tutorial regarding how to wrap them, and also for how to discover what functions are available to them.

In this case, you're wrapping the neural interface. What the interface can do depends on what modules you've installed into it.

Edited by Bomb Bloke, 16 June 2017 - 02:44 AM.


#65 xFreak666

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:24 AM

View PostBomb Bloke, on 16 June 2017 - 02:43 AM, said:

If you type "peripherals" into the command line, you'll get a list of all available devices, along with their types. See this tutorial regarding how to wrap them, and also for how to discover what functions are available to them.

In this case, you're wrapping the neural interface. What the interface can do depends on what modules you've installed into it.

Well quite obvious isn't it x) , i'm sorry i didn't know about the peripherals function thanks a lot :D

#66 SquidDev

  • Members
  • 1,072 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:06 AM

View PostxFreak666, on 16 June 2017 - 01:54 AM, said:

Yeah , i did all the steps mentioned in the documentation , however , what i'd love to know is the coding part. I've hooked up a chicken with a neutral interface , add a kinetic augment opened the neutral interface's gui but i cant figure out how to peripheral.wrap it to a variable to start playing with the methods.
Yah, that is rather less well explained. As BombBloke has mentioned already, you can run peripherals to get a list of peripherals - modules (such as the kinetic augment) get wrapped on the back slot. This peripheral exposes a getDocs method, which provides a table of method names and doc-string. These can also be found online.

#67 SquidDev

  • Members
  • 1,072 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:45 PM

I've just updated Plethora to Minecraft 1.12. It's still a beta, so there may be some issues. You'll need to use a 1.12 build from the ComputerCraft build server, as there isn't a stable build of ComputerCraft on CurseForge yet.

#68 vico

  • Members
  • 72 posts
  • Location-

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:42 PM

I've got this error with Plethora:
Spoiler


#69 SquidDev

  • Members
  • 1,072 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:47 PM

View Postvico, on 21 July 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

I've got this error with Plethora:
Ahhh, this is one of those wonderful "class doesn't exist on the dedicated sever" bugs. I've created an issue on GitHub, which I'll close when fixed.

#70 wintertown

  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:16 PM

I'm having some trouble getting modules from a manipulator, so I tried one of the tutorials just to make sure, and I keep getting "A module has changed" when trying to use modules.hasModule("plethora:laser"). What might be causing this?

#71 SquidDev

  • Members
  • 1,072 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:08 PM

View Postwintertown, on 22 August 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

I'm having some trouble getting modules from a manipulator, so I tried one of the tutorials just to make sure, and I keep getting "A module has changed" when trying to use modules.hasModule("plethora:laser"). What might be causing this?
Hrmrrm, that's strange. Can you try removing and replacing a module and seeing if that fixes it? Can I check you're on the latest version? There were some issues with older versions not correctly refreshing modules.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users